OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: The Bat bat
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 19:18 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Should've figured out the title of the video and [] were the same things... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017, 08:26 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
keme wrote:
[] is just two (or perhaps even "a matched pair of") B-rackets...

Aaahh! I knew I shouldn't have started on the puns! :P

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 21:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The Bat-movie was great, by the way. Actually watched it while I was up in Chiang Mai a couple weeks back. Laughed my head off. Now I know why there's a pink bat outfit. And why Robin wears briefs.

The anti-shark spray showed up. Nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana Batman!!

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2017, 07:41 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Of course, as a comic book nerd in good standing, I have to protest the destruction of a perfectly good Bat-ifact by removing it from the packaging. A pristine one would have been worth a fortune in 50 years.

Those old B/W Batman movies were originally shown in 15 minute chunks at the local movie-house every Saturday. They were repeated for years. As a kid I used to go every week to the Enfield Picture House in Adelaide, to see how the hero got out of the burning vehicle that exploded as it went over the cliff the week before. Every studio made these, but I always thought of them as "A Republic Serial". (Actually, my favourite was "King Of The Rocketmen" which featured a hero in a rocket powered flying suit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bURVucWS68).

There were 2 Batman versions, 1943 and 1949, both of which I have on DVD. Actually, they were released (not sure if both or which one) as a full length movie in the early-mid 60s, and became something of a cult hit. So much so, that the Batman comics, which were on the verge of being cancelled, were saved, and some bright spark got the idea to do the TV series, starring dear old Adam West, who recently passed away. The show, if you remember, was broadcast in 2 parts on a Saturday and Sunday evening, with a cliff-hanger at the end of the first part, in homage/parody of the old serials.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2017, 11:35 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
A guy turned up to the Saturday afternoon session I help run at a community centre with this exact same item - the bat bat and the 3 bat balls still in the plastic packaging. At the end of it he offered to leave the bat bat as a spare (non-bat) bat, but I graciously turned down his offer and explained that we liked bats to be have a single colour on each side etc.