OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: KINGNIK 40+ balls
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 23:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Anyone have any experience with these seamless poly balls from Zeropong?

Post subject: Re: KINGNIK 40+ balls
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 01:46 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah. The three star ones are like.. well, all the other seamless 3 star balls (I've tried Xu Shao Fa, Sanwei and iPong). Quite good. As with all seamless balls, it does have this pronounced sideways hop when you put sidespin on the ball. People say you get less spin than with seamed balls or celluloid, I can't tell. I have a few boxes of the new "premium" 3 star, haven't hit around with them as yet so I can't say what the difference is. They do cost more, and the only outward difference is the sticker on the box! The One Star balls - the Premium One Star are VERY good. There's another type of seamless one star that seems to play the same but has a lower impact sound. Haven't really played with that one much yet.

Note that the name is a palindrome.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2016, 18:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
We used these last season and they are good,very spinny with plenty of grip and fairly quiet,havn.'t noticed a big change from celluloid really.Most of the teams in the cities league are using these.I tried a butterfly ball last week and that was clunky. and less spin glad we.'re not using those.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2016, 10:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I've now used a Kingnik ball in a couple of two-hour playing sessions and impressions are favorable. The only complaint is it that plays a tad light but I suppose the spin would decrease were it any heavier. It's not as good as a fresh Nitakku 3-star but those balls get shiny and slick far too quickly (1h!) while the Kingnik does not. I'll be purchasing a dozen Kingniks and using them until something better comes along.

UPDATE: Upon reevaluation, more players are complaining about the Kingnik's lightness (me included) so I'm abandoning them for now.

Last edited by nathanso on 29 Jul 2016, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2016, 11:51 
Super User

Kingnik is a rebranded Xushaofa. All the seamless balls are produced in the same factory. I play with both brands and can't pick any difference whatsoever. When I purchased the Kingniks, they were cheaper than the XSF.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2016, 17:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
birchamboi wrote:
Kingnik is a rebranded Xushaofa. All the seamless balls are produced in the same factory. I play with both brands and can't pick any difference whatsoever. When I purchased the Kingniks, they were cheaper than the XSF.

True a local vendor told me the same

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2016, 01:32 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
About 2 months ago, I tried a 3 star kingnik with my dad at a local recreation center, we borrowed it from the front desk office (its missing now :P), I really liked it. It seemed noticeably bigger than a normal celluloid ball, and it was a bit too light for my taste, but otherwise waaaay better than anything I've tried so far, even the 3 star XSF. Well, actually now that i think about it, I tried a 3 star celluloid nittaku ball. It had the blue stamp and it was specifically a premium 3 star i think. I like that too.

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2017, 15:42 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
We used some Kingnik ones last roster. I didn't think there was much of a difference coming from the Donic Poly, but I'm doing some tests to compare velocities in flight and rebound velocities, as well as flight deviation, etc.. Others have done tests and showed that 5 out of 6 balls in the first carton were illegal as they were oversized, and there seem to be many others that are oversized. I've heard nothing but complaints from others about how they float up in the air, go too slowly, and seem to wobble around. Be that as it may, I'm convinced that most (or at least a lot) of it is just people overreacting to a subtle change. One thing I noticed is that the Donic ones seemed to break a lot more often. Anyway, I'll get back after these tests and hopefully I'll be able to provide some figures for this discussion.

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2017, 06:36 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Good to see someone doing something scientific about the new ball. I think Debater did something like this a year or 2 ago. See if you can find it here somewhere. That was before there were very many 40+ balls around.

Unfortunately, for many of us with limited time to devote to table tennis, data is the plural of anecdote. :)

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2017, 08:06 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
Retriever wrote:
Good to see someone doing something scientific about the new ball. I think Debater did something like this a year or 2 ago. See if you can find it here somewhere. That was before there were very many 40+ balls around.

Unfortunately, for many of us with limited time to devote to table tennis, data is the plural of anecdote. :)

You're right, I do remember seeing one of Debater's videos a while back: I'm probably not going to bother making a video, but I'll definitely share my results - perhaps in a new thread. Thanks for the encouragement!

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 05:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

SEEKING FOR A CONTROLABLE, ACCURATE PAY ?? HEFTY BALLS IS THE TRUE ANSWER.

Looking all around for some hefty balls 2.78 -2.80 grammes. Love this weighty ones so much, for they offer me joyment a lot. Steady flight, good control, strong tactile feelings in play I appreciate so much.
Have you ever measured balls weights in your stock? Which ballls is the heaviest? Digital jevelry scales is quiet the thing that will do best. with accuracy 0,01 gramme.

Looking to hear results of your weithing balls and actual numbers.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 19:45 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Retriever wrote:

Good memory Retriever. I did. Haggisv collatted all 11 videsos in to one thread. Forum members can find that thread here:

Click on this link: Plastic Ball Testing and Comparison with Celluloid Ball

The videos cover:
1. Plastic Ball vs Celluloid Ball - Introduction
2. 12 things you need to know before you buy a plastic table tennis ball
3. Seam, surface of the ball, hardness
4. Luminance and Colour
5. Bounce and conformity
6. Veer
7. Size and roundness
8. Weight conformity and regularity
9. Player opinions after using the balls in match play
10. The Placebo effect
11. How the plastic ball may affect your game

I also compared the prototype plastic ball (as it was at the time) to a 40mm and 38mm ball.

Cheers

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 20:37 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
Anyone knows balls that have a large P on it? At the tournament they were using them, out of a box with Tibhar-print on it so it may be Tibhar, maybe not.
They were kind of strange, somewhat light I guess and every second bounce on the ground they sounded like they were broken.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 20:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Any Tibhar mark on the balls? Did they have 3 stars? All balls approved by ITTF are listed here:

http://old.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf1.a ... gory=balls

I looked, couldn't find anything with a "P". None of the Tibhars for certain.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 21:14 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Musicfreak0 wrote:
We used some Kingnik ones last roster. I didn't think there was much of a difference coming from the Donic Poly, but I'm doing some tests to compare velocities in flight and rebound velocities, as well as flight deviation, etc.. Others have done tests and showed that 5 out of 6 balls in the first carton were illegal as they were oversized, and there seem to be many others that are oversized. I've heard nothing but complaints from others about how they float up in the air, go too slowly, and seem to wobble around. Be that as it may, I'm convinced that most (or at least a lot) of it is just people overreacting to a subtle change. One thing I noticed is that the Donic ones seemed to break a lot more often. Anyway, I'll get back after these tests and hopefully I'll be able to provide some figures for this discussion.

Went back to Leaflet T3 (ITTF's ball specs are listed in there). Hadn't read it recently. Here's what it says for diameters:

Quote:
B.3 Size Conformity

... celluloid balls ...

For non – celluloid balls:
The minimum diameter of every ball must be at least 40.00mm and its maximum diameter must not
exceed 40.60mm. The sample mean average diameter, i.e. the mean of the average of the maximum
and minimum diameters for each ball, must be in the range 40.00-40.50mm. Values below 39.70mm
or above 40.75mm are considered in our calculations as outliers.

B.4 Size Regularity

The standard deviation of the average diameter may not exceed 0.06mm.

So if balls are consistently above 40.50mm they're what.. not exactly illegal unless a lot of the balls out of a batch tested are so? How big were the Kingniks that were too big?

On weight:

Quote:
B.1 Weight Conformity

Law 2.3.2 specifies 2.7g, but any weight between 2.67 and 2.77g is acceptable for any one ball. No
more than 1 ball out of the 24 sampled may be outside this range. The sample mean must be between
2.69 and 2.76g. In carrying out statistical calculations we treat any weights less than 2.60g or greater
than 2.85g as outliers.

B.2 Weight Regularity

The standard deviation may not exceed 0.03g.

So Igor's 2.78-2.80g are illegal.. :lol:

Out of curiosity, I got out some balls and weighed them. Note that my balance only weighs to the nearest 10 milligrams (.01g) so it's not really accurate enough for this.

Kingnik 40+ seamless 3 star Premium sticker, date code XAAF (I forget how to translate this):
2.75, 2.76, 2.75, 2.75, 2.75, 2.75

Sanwei 40+ seamless three star
2.78, 2.77, 2.78, 2.77, 2.78, 2.78

iPong 3 star Sphere 40+, date marked on box: 2015.10.10
2.72, 2.73. 2.72, 2.72, 2.73, 2.72

The Sanwei had the best confidence-inspiring box. :lol: Technically slightly overweight. Variability between balls in a box: excellent.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!