OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 19:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I tried Viper ox next to hellfire,Viper is softer ,slower,grippier and is one of the slowest ox lp I've seen but low reversal on Defplay when blocking.Around the same speed or maybe a bit slower is grass def ox,a little grippier and better attack and chopping, I was making heavy backspin with this on a Primorac,it really surprised me.I don't think either are great pushblocking or passive blocking rubbers ,they both had low reversal on Donic Defplay,I'd say the Grass (not de tecs)is the closest I've tried

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 02:33 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
dazzler wrote:
I tried Viper ox next to hellfire,Viper is softer ,slower,grippier and is one of the slowest ox lp I've seen but low reversal on Defplay when blocking.Around the same speed or maybe a bit slower is grass def ox,a little grippier and better attack and chopping, I was making heavy backspin with this on a Primorac,it really surprised me.I don't think either are great pushblocking or passive blocking rubbers ,they both had low reversal on Donic Defplay,I'd say the Grass (not de tecs)is the closest I've tried

Interesting. I'll take your word for it about your impressions, but I recall when I had a chance to hit with Grass D.techs ox, it was pretty fast for an ox lp. I agree the Viper is decently slow (and soft, which I like), and I've never tried out the Hellfire, but I've heard people say that Hellfire is one of the slowest out there. I'm hesitant to try it only because I've also read that on passive blocks, the ball goes a bit high sometimes and that it's not the best for attacking underspin with a kind of aggressive push.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 05:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
TT,I mean the original Grass ox not Grass De-Tecs,there is so much control with the Grass I can even chop with it on a carbon blade,I plan to try it out on various off or off- all wood blades I know it will work ,the thing I`ll have to work on more is the f/h,trying t05 on Primorac first with the Grass ox,I feel this is the way to go to progress against better opposition

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 17:13 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
"TraditionalTradesman" how about Spinlord Dornenglanz OX which I find to be similar to the Viper but again a little bit slower, luckily I haven't had the loss of pimples get, I use a very loose grip. :?: :*: :up:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 00:28 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
imo dornenglantz is not similar to viper, it is much much faster...and 3 times less durable...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 03:28 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Matter of opinion/style.

I think DG Ox is similar in the sense that they are both about reversal and are both very slippery/disturbing.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 04:57 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Japsican wrote:
Matter of opinion/style.

I think DG Ox is similar in the sense that they are both about reversal and are both very slippery/disturbing.

I've tried the DG before but found it too stiff (like softer pips for their more dynamic effects), and also had the same durability issue.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 05:26 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Least durable pips for sure. But so good for OX blocking. And cheaper.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 21:10 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
it is similar in a way that when you chop block with it it opponent get a heavy underspin ball..

and thats it...(it is a good thing, dont get me wrong),

but, it is much faster, harder and as we said less durable...so, not what OP wanted for sure...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017, 15:32 

Blade: Gionnis carb def
FH: H3-50
BH: Talon
I want to echo dazzlers post. Hellfire is stiffer and great for active play and attacking backspin. Although hellfire is slow viper is slower. Viper might be the softest pips I own. D.techs next. The stiffest pips I've used is GD attack long. Hellfire is after, and then DG. DG is the fastest and d.tecs after that. GD talon seems to me somewhere between d.tecs and hellfire in all thing mentioned. With that being said, what do you need other than durability? soft pips, speed, disturbance, reversal? What can you sacrifice?

Although, I am using hellfire right now, it seems like an odd replacement for viper. Just like dazzler said.

With that being said, I've heard GD snowflake is a really nice, soft pip. But that's about all I know. I've never used it since it's hard to get in the US. Plus, I'm about done testing pips.

Oh, and also s&t Easy P is kinda on the softer side. If I remember right.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017, 17:03 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

I've used the GD Snowflake and think it's a great rubber. The Viper is just a bit better for attacking. I definitely want something soft, so I guess Hellfire isn't an option. It's possible I'll stick with the Viper and deal with its fragility.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017, 01:10 

Blade: Gionnis carb def
FH: H3-50
BH: Talon
I will say this about Hellfire, slap it on a "faster" blade (all range) and you can get some great success and consistency attacking backspin balls, and chest high topspin can be punched back with devastating effect.
It, for me, has the best balance between deception, reversal, and attacking ability that I have found so far.

Maybe that is why it was suggested because, if I remember right, Viper has pretty good balance too, just way softer.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 01:28 
Super User

Viper, to me, is somewhat more spin sensitive than Dragon Talon and DG. That's the reason I stop using it.

How is Hellfire's sensitivity against spin?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 02:53 
Incredible Shrinking Man

fazer227 wrote:
Viper, to me, is somewhat more spin sensitive than Dragon Talon and DG. That's the reason I stop using it.

How is Hellfire's sensitivity against spin?

Very good!
One of the best I tried..

Geddk

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 19:46 
Manufacturer: Dr Neubauer

Hello TraditionalTradesman,

I am sorry to learn that you are having problems with pimples breaking off your 'Dr.Neubauer Viper' rubber.
In that regard please note that we use a very special rubber formula for this rubber which provides an interesting compromise between control, low speed and nevertheless surprising attacking possibilities.
The downside of this very soft rubber formula is that it may produce broken pimples after several months of use since the wear&tear process is just faster than with a harder rubber composition.
The same holds true for many soft inverted rubbers, these will also lose much spin and speed after several months of usage.
In case you wish to switch for a more durable long pips rubber you could try our 'Desperado' for example (which also comes with fairly soft pimples, yet not as soft as 'Viper') or a rubber from one of our competitors of course.

Let me know if you have any further questions in that regard.

Best,

Carsten