OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 17:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2017, 05:18 

haggisv wrote:
I've been meaning to put this topic up for a while...but keep forgetting :oops:

I would be a great way to get to know each other if we introduce ourselves and tell us a few things about ourselves. What you tell is totally up to you, but here are a few suggestions:

- where are you from, country and club, where you play
- how long you've been playing (how old? :oops: )
- playing style
- level
- job or what you do outside TT
- other hobbies
- how you stumbled upon this forum

Cheers guys!

Hey all,

I'm born and raised in the Netherlands but now live in Australia and play for Table Tennis Cairns. I've started playing for a club when in was 28 (3 years ago) and played casually here and there, but nothing serious. I'm a left handed offensive player that mainly plays close to the table that prefer the faster game. I play at the centre 3 times a week. Work fulltime in the furniture industry and am trying to complete my bachelor of education (studying fulltime - online). I enjoy playing table tennis, playing games, drawing, exercising and reading. I found this forum through the Tapatalk app. Nice to meet you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2017, 11:34 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
I used to play with the guy who runs Cairns TTC. Tell Paul I said hello. He sometimes (well has in the past) come here as Roadrunner.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 07:01 

Blade: loukov blade
FH: rakza 7 2 mm
BH: nittaku pimple mini 1 mm
And do you play penhold grip ?

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017, 10:15 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Retriever wrote:
I used to play with the guy who runs Cairns TTC. Tell Paul I said hello. He sometimes (well has in the past) come here as Roadrunner.

Hey me too.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 01:47 

Blade: Custom blade
FH: Good old globe999
BH: target ultim 50 max
hello,
I'm EmRatThich, vietnamese player. I live in France now. Nice to meet everybody here in ooak forum.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 06:42 

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Retriever wrote:
Quote:

Silver wrote:
Quote:
Hey me too.

I played with him in the local competition in a team with the TTNSW Secretary and an international referee. I also played doubles with him at a few NSW tournaments. This was all before he moved to Cairns.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2017, 03:33 

I am Jimmy, age 33, a 10-years-experience Malaysian programmer

I switched from badminton to table tennis a month ago.

So far my playing style is quite simple where I just drive and block the ball.
I just want to make sure the table tennis ball can always hit the opponent side of table.

Currently, I am 79 kg and 168cm.

I hope I can achieve 60 kg in 9 months time. I want to be a better table tennis player who has an ideal body.

Haha, hope I am not boastful.

This is how I look like right now. (which is a bit fat and not good to become decent table tennis player)

Attachments:
16105817_677871425708343_2835646678589379033_n.jpg
16105817_677871425708343_2835646678589379033_n.jpg [ 86.86 KiB | Viewed 40676 times ]
16194974_677871979041621_2128152041794812793_n.jpg
16194974_677871979041621_2128152041794812793_n.jpg [ 102.8 KiB | Viewed 40676 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2017, 23:39 

Blade: Stiga
FH: NA
BH: NA
Hello All,

This one's was named as Vignesh. I Am 25 years of age. i hail from India.

I was introduced to TT late at the age of 20 by an enthusiastic senior of me. He went on to become my mentor and impromptu trainer then on.

Even after we parted ways the game stuck with me and i have been playing at clubs near home, and recently at the tabletennis club at work.

I must confess to not have played any competitive matches. A group of us play just for the fun of it and bettering our skills. not to mention it is a good outlet for all the pent up energy we've built up.

So to speak I have had no formal training.

I hope to learn and seek advise from those in this group so as to obtain a better knowledge of the game and its nuances

Post subject: Introducing Myself
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 08:14 

Blade: Darker Speed 90
FH: Tenergy 05
Hi,

My name is Jerry and I live in the suburbs of Dallas, Texas. I began playing when I was 10 and saved and bought my first table when I was 12. I've been playing off and on ever since... over 40 years.

In my youth I thought I was a decent player, having won a couple local tournaments while in high school, but then I moved to Thailand for a short time where I began playing some guys my age from China. After getting beat 21-0 for more games than I'd care to admit I figured out that I really wasn't very good. Eventually my Chinese friends took pity on me and started giving me some tips and not too much later I started scoring the occasional point although I still rarely won a game.

Because most of these guys played penhold it was natural for me to make the switch, which immediately felt more comfortable. I started with a Chinese penhold blade but only had rubber on one side and I switched to a Japanese penhold blade as soon as I tried one. Now, despite the handicap that one-sided jpen players seem to have (made worse by my age and lack of speed)--I still use a traditional jpen blade almost all the time.

If someone does figure out how slow I am and attempts to get me running side to side more than usual, I will sometimes switch to an old Senkoh Special 92 that I modified to hold a regulation sheet of pips-out on the back. I don't have much of a RPB but the BH rubber does help me return the occasional ball that I can't reach otherwise. It's not my favorite blade though and the extra rubber throws the balance off so I only use it for emergencies. :-) I've tried switching to shakehand a few times but it just feels (wrong not to mention the embarrassment of having my shots sail over my opponent's head or land on the tables to either side of me).

I discovered this forum the middle of last year when I started playing regularly again and noticed that my bat was looking kind of ratty and the rubber was dead. I began looking for a new jpen blade and rubber. Paddle Palace had the rubber but they didn't have a great selection of Hinoki blades. I started searching for other retailers online and eventually noticed that if I googled anything that included the word "jpen", and I dug through a few pages of the search results, I'd almost find some threads from this forum. I figured that was a good sign.

And a "thank you" to all of you forum members who regularly asked questions like "Why are one-ply penhold blades so popular?", "Who makes the best Hinoki blade?" and "Which is better, a Darker Speed 90, Xiom Athena RSM Platinum, or Kokutaku Super-Cho Tokusen?". Those old threads are what lead me to this forum and also helped me track down a new blade. :-)

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 09:06 

Blade: Xiom Fuga
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft
Hello All!

I live in New Jersey, USA and I'm a member of the New Jersey Table Tennis Club (NJTTC). I've only been playing seriously for about 6 months. I've been taking lessons from a coach for about 2-3 months and I feel like I've improved quickly.

As my day job I'm an engineer at AT&T. I became interested in table tennis because a lot of skilled people play at my company. They even have very competitive tournaments.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2017, 05:38 

Hi,

After I've been lurking around for awhile I think it's time to register and become a member.

I think I fall in love with the sport since I'd heard the sound it made. It was called ping-pong around where I lived. There's one table at the elementary school and there're so many who wanted to play. If there're more than ten, then fives on each side, the winner served, the one who lost step out and the new team member stepped in. The team that lost had to crawl under the table length wise. O, the good old day.

I didn't play much in middle or high school but started playing again when I was in college. I wasn't ranked or anything. I just hanged out w/ the college player, all I'd to do was to slam the ball down on the table while he kept lopped the ball for me. It was great fun. I used Butterfly Kenny w/ Mark V and Double Happiness PF4 back then.

Haven't played for like twenty years. I decided to get back to this sports again. Now it's called table tennis, fancy that. It still make the same sound though. Got bit buy the EJ fever b/c of that Training Rubbers tread of yours. Aliexpress is my best buds, too many blades and rubber to try, so little time.

I don't mind practice strokes at all, the more the better. During playing game situation, I don't do well at all. All these years, I still don't know what I'm doing playing the match. :D

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2017, 06:43 

Blade: Carbonado 90
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tenergy 64
Hey guys , my name is Robert Yang, from Tulsa, OK. I'm 28 and started back up playing again. Still learning and trying to get better. I started playing again a month ago and been going to the Tulsa table tennis club.
My style of play i guess is attacking and close to the table. Shakehand style. Currently on yasaka ma lin soft carbon blade. Going to try out the new stiga carbonado 90 real soon. I can't really rank myself because I haven't been ranked before. I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone and happy to be a part of the forum team and the tt community.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2017, 15:41 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
When I lived in OK, Tulsa had a club, prolly still there.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017, 20:15 

Blade: ARTTE Nuvola
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD
BH: sauer und tröger eas
Hello my name is Carlo, now I live in Bologna in Italy but I have traveled the world on business.
Play table tennis for a long time mostly in Germany.
Right now I do not play but I'm very fond of the technical material that you use in the game of table tennis.
I follow this for a long time forum, I presented him my friend who was also writing.
I hope to bring a good contribution to all of you.

Good table tennis at all

:up:

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 02:11 

Blade: Carbon off-
FH: Tensor or SP
BH: MediumPip
Hello Friends :P

I've just finished Setting up my profile so i tought its Time to introduce Myself

The Name Is Exiled, altough you can preferably call Me Timm, as its my real Name

I Played 1 1/2 years as a modern Defender and rexently reached 1375 TTR, now Standing a Bit Above 1350TTR

Dont really know What it means in USATT but i try to improve Every day

I read a lot and wanna thank you all for The Knowledge i got about The Short pimple Game

This Forum Is The reason i am changing to SP/MP

Im currently 17 y.o, And Hope i have a good Time :)

Old Setup: NSD- Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.3mm- FL II 1.1mm

New Setup: Is in my Signature

Greetz

Blade: <SPINLORD Ultra Carbon ST>
FH: <DMS Burnout 1.8mm | YASAKA RD 2.3mm>
BH: <DR.N Aggressor 1.3mm

From Germany, active on http://www.noppen-test.de and happy to translate German->English

Style of Play: Two-Winged Twiddling Allround Game

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 167  Next