OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017, 04:17 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
mataxxl wrote:
BJ20 wrote:
I have the following blades, which one is the best for slow best reversal bloks (throw as low as possible) ?
With Mega Blok 1.5 i prefer.

Donic Waldner Senso Carbon (or Ultra Carbon)
Donic Persson Power Senso v2

(except andro super core carbon light Off+, but i think it will be to uncontrolable and fast for mega blok... ?)

Thx for the great reviews and video's guys

I tried more than 10 different blades in last three years with Beast, Transformer and Mega Block. I was struggling, and all that blades had advantage and disadvantage. DMS Revolution is far the best one, because it is allround and ultra stiff. Other stiff blades are made for loops or hard attacks (OFF- or faster), which is not good for flanti, because you cannot block aggressive opponent's attacks with lot of control, because of wood's speed. Even some DrN blades are so fast for me, and i mark them in OFF- or OFF, not in ALL as manufacturer said. Thus, my advice is to get over money and buy one specialized blade like Revolution.

Ok Thx for the advice

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017, 20:33 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Dear Mega Block customers,

is there any problem about Mega Block durability? This rubber there is on the market about two or three months, so do you feel that spin reverse or control is less now? I play about 10 training seasons, so everything is still OK.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017, 00:57 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
as far as i can see, it is better than it was on transformer... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2017, 01:11 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
My sheet of MB is from November, and I train 5-8 hours a week. I have noticed that my sheet of MB is getting somewhat old. In the sweet spot of the rubber I must use the cleaner at least a few times during my 2-hour training sessions, otherwise the ball has no spin reversal. The good news is this aging has taken longer than in Transformer, and the cleaner is more effective on MB than Transformer as well.

I have a theory that the surface has become smoother over time, after repeated impact from the ball. This is counterintuitive but I think it may increase the available contact with the ball, thereby increasing the friction and decreasing the glanti effect.

I am going to take a look with a microscope this weekend! I will post photos so stay tuned!

Conrad

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 10:21 

I posted new topic since it's not MB-specific.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2017, 17:12 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I've not been overly enjoying the 2.0mm mega-block... seems too mushy on the blade I was using. When comparing it to transformer 1.5mm, I would choose the transformer over MB so far. Though for a real test, I'd need a sheet of 1.5mm MB.

As a side note, it seems that when using the butterfly glue sheets... I am able to peel the anti rubbers right off almost! The der mat glue sheets really stuck to the sponge, whereas the butterfly sheets were easily separated. What happens is the glue sheet stays stuck on the blade, and the anti rubber lifts off quite easily. You then just have to peel the glue sheet off your blade if desired.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 02:38 

It's a good info because the MB doesn't like white glue... I use revolution n°3, I have never damaged any rubber with it, but it has dramatically reduced my MB sponge and have supressed most of absorbing effect of the sponge... somebody knows if it's possible to buy only the dampening spo,ge somewhere ? I have asked the question to DMS, no response...

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 05:33 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
It cant be bought seperarely. It has been mentioned a few times in this thread that you should stick these types of antis only with a glue sheet. The best one is butterflys in my opinion

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 05:52 
Super User

AA wrote:
It cant be bought seperarely. It has been mentioned a few times in this thread that you should stick these types of antis only with a glue sheet. The best one is butterflys in my opinion

Yep. The problem is some of those glue sheets seem to MERGE with the sponge :headbang:

I was able to move around the anti's stuck on butterfly glue sheets without issue -- using the der mat glue sheets... let's just say I threw a bunch of money out the window when trying to remove them, and ended up with wrinkly pieces of rubber and swiss cheese for sponge!

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 07:00 
Super User

i posted in my blog already, but what i am doing when i have a sticky sheet not from btty is i glue it and remove it from the glass table 10/20 times so it loses some of it stickiness...

and then i put the rubber on it...so it is not so sticky and can be easily removed from the blade...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 13:01 

On Saturdays and Sundays I have 2-hour group training sessions, and the partners all have strong forehand topspins. So by the end of the session I definitely notice the rubber getting a bit grippy. Here's the advantage though: attacking is sooooo much easier. I can counter attack even topspin balls, and with a power snap of the wrist those balls do not come back.

Makes me wonder: why not play like this all the time? It seemed to give the training partners a lot more trouble than pure spin reversal.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 21:23 
Super User

i thought about it too...

but its to inconsistent...because it really depends on what part of the rubber ball drops...if it drops on the muddy grippier part it will bounce different than on a good slicky part...so i end up missing some balls 2 meters out of the table and some into the net...if you like grippier anti, i think its best to change the anti...

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2017, 00:12 
Super User

I've never used slick anti like this before. Can someone tell me exactly the best way of attaching it to the blade?
Do I need to varnish the blade?
Do I need glue?
A glue sheet?

Can someone explain exactly how to attach this best to my blade?

I'm getting it in 1.5mm sponge.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2017, 12:06 
Super User

ridderz65 wrote:
I've never used slick anti like this before. Can someone tell me exactly the best way of attaching it to the blade?
Do I need glue?
A glue sheet?

Thanks!

After having done it several ways -- I think the general thought now is to attach it ONLY using a gluesheet - probably the butterfly glue sheet. Don't use the base glue to go on the blade (if you plan to remove it at any point, keeping it in good condition - these are prone to wrinkling severely when removing otherwise)

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2017, 22:11 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
Do I need glue?
A glue sheet?

Thanks!

After having done it several ways -- I think the general thought now is to attach it ONLY using a gluesheet - probably the butterfly glue sheet. Don't use the base glue to go on the blade (if you plan to remove it at any point, keeping it in good condition - these are prone to wrinkling severely when removing otherwise)

Do I need to varnish the blade before attaching with a butterfly glue sheet? Also, I've never used a glue sheet before. Do I stick the glue sheet to the blade and then roll the rubber on? Or do I stick the glue sheet to the rubber prior to attaching to the blade? How do I attach MB using a glue sheet? And do I varnish the blade?

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!