OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017, 13:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I've had another hour's play with Dr Neubauer Aggressor 1.5 red. "It plays like a fast pips-out anti" is the best description I can give it. And opponents fare poorly against it.

Defensively, Aggressor 1.5 used on backhand can block incoming loop drives effortlessly, returning low, mostly-dead balls deep into enemy territory. These balls can be re-looped, but the opponent is expending more energy on riskier shots and the point soon goes to Aggressor. With traditional chopping, Aggressor is easily pressed into this role, reliably sending the ball low and long. There's not a huge amount of backspin as there is with some LPs but it's enough to build spin on successive exchanges.

On blocks and punch-drives, it's easy to send down-angled dead balls back in the direction from which they came. Faster shots of this type produce many errors.

On offense, Aggressor can be used to backhand drive the ball provided that a flat stroke is used, and it's here where the rubber really comes into its own. Owing to its speed, these balls take opponents completely by surprise and it's common for the attempted return to first bounce off the opponent's side of the table! Aggressor is also fantastic for surprise BH topspin serves that are low, fast, and slidey.

I had occasion to use Aggressor 1.5 in a round robin match against a LP push-blocker who tends to command the flow of the game with his aggressive placement of no-spin balls. In the past I've struggled against this lower-rated player even though I'm pretty skilled with LP, often going to a five game set. This time, on a hunch, I chose to campaign the Aggressor against his OX LP. The 3-0 match was over quickly in my favor with scores something like 3,8,0! Aggressor completely dominated the OX LP in the dead-to-dead war!

A longtime 563 1.5 user spent a few hours with Aggressor 1.5 and declared Aggressor nothing like 563. Aggressor has little grip and therefore can't lift the ball, while 563 can.

Aggressor is worthy of consideration for anyone looking for a potent loop blocking tool; a reliable chopping pip; an LP push-blocker killer; or even an offensive weapon for BH drive attacks.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017, 16:40 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Damn Nathanso, you should work in sales department, I feel I just have to try this rubber out now. Great description!

Is it more grippy on the side of the pips? What happens if you push back a back spin with it? Does it work best on slow blade? Fast, soft, or hard blade?

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017, 22:02 

Blade: Carbon off-
FH: Tensor or SP
BH: MediumPip
Here we go boys

The agressor is, frankly, the hardest to controle rubber i have ever played

Ive got quite a good touch and i am able to control almost each kind of rubber to a pretty decent level, but the aggressor, played actively at the table is damn hard....

Despite the control, which obviously comes wirh more training, i can say its a very good allround rubber

Disturbing punch blocks, chop blocks, lifting or pressing an underspinned ball and service receive are quite awesome

A lot of unforced errors from my mates!

The aggressor is not very spin, but tempo sensitive imo!!

But its good in keeping the enemy at bay and setting up balls

It can be played more aggresively than my previous LP, while maintaining a good amount of deception

But those are just some experiences i made in a few matches, cuz thats not rly my game atm

When standing ~4 ft away from the table, u can give well lloaded chops and also quite effectively attach pushed balls

Edit: i love the spin manipulation it offers

I tend to twiddle a lot and chop with inverted and thats a maximum of confusion

My favorite aspect is attacking brush-looped balls

If you stand correctly and attack with an open bat angle theres almost no coming back

Overall its atm my go-to rubber for aggresive allround game

Chopping,blocking and hitting all works great, on the forehand, flicks and serbice receive in doubles are both high controle and deceptive

P.s if u play a pure defensive or pure offensive blocking game i guess SP or LP arre your go to but if u want the best of both worlds and are willing to practice a lot, try the agressor in 1.3-1.5mm

Tested on a spinlord ultra carbon with Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.3 on FH

Greetz

Blade: <SPINLORD Ultra Carbon ST>
FH: <DMS Burnout 1.8mm | YASAKA RD 2.3mm>
BH: <DR.N Aggressor 1.3mm

From Germany, active on http://www.noppen-test.de and happy to translate German->English

Style of Play: Two-Winged Twiddling Allround Game

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 04:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I just ordered a red Aggressor in 1,5 mm :oops: .

Hey Exile, do you sometimes chop from a little distance? How is Aggressor in that aspect? I have tried a few MP's like Palio WP and Dawei 388C but I had troubles generating any back spin when chopping against fast loops. Pips are hard on those rubbers and they are more made for playing at the table. Then I tried TSP Millitall and with that I could generate a lot of back spin, especially on the first loop. But I got to the conclusion that I should not try to play modern defensive style and then I changed to FlAnti on BH.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 09:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I played with both red and black Aggressor 1.5 last night and I prefer the red as it feels a little harder than the black. Longtime sparring partner commented that when I changed paddles from BH=Aggressor 1.5 to BH=Talon OX that he let out a sigh of relief because the Talon was so much easier to play against. I don't agree with the reviewer below who commented that Aggressor is difficult to control. I find it ridiculously easy to control compared to any LP I've used (dozens); all while being faster than any of those LPs.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 16:59 

Blade: Carbon off-
FH: Tensor or SP
BH: MediumPip
I meant if i try to play super aggresive, its hard to control for me :D

Also it doesnt forgive my bad footwork i habe to work on cuz of my injured knee :(

I tend to play mid distance game as i play a long arm topspin, despite beeing 187cm tall :D

It chops well for me, well enough to not permnently collect balls

Its more like a SP for me in the aspect i can mabipilate spin pretty well :)

Playing a kind of drive from mid distance is more confusing, but i try to play very mixed up style!

Edit: controle is always a matter of the person

I got a game this evening maybe i can make someone make a video

I'll upload it ro YT and link it then

I can say im not in the best shape as my shoulder and both knees are injured atm but ill manage to get trough :D

Greetz

Blade: <SPINLORD Ultra Carbon ST>
FH: <DMS Burnout 1.8mm | YASAKA RD 2.3mm>
BH: <DR.N Aggressor 1.3mm

From Germany, active on http://www.noppen-test.de and happy to translate German->English

Style of Play: Two-Winged Twiddling Allround Game

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 23:23 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
Def-attack wrote:
I just ordered a red Aggressor in 1,5 mm :oops:

looking forward for your view on the rubber m8 :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2017, 17:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Will try it briefly tonight. It feels like Spectol but with taller pips.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 06:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Def-attack wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Will try it briefly tonight. It feels like Spectol but with taller pips.

Well, only a few minutes (need to focus on my new Revolution blade, matches comming up soon). Very difficult to block or drive back loops. But when I managed to do that the return was devestating. Rather easy to chop from distance with but there are lots of better rubbers for that, this one is too fast. I think my soft and vibrating Cubixx blade is not the right one for this rubber. It will probably be better on a more rigid and stable blade, and also a rather slow blade. Not sure what blade that would be but I guess my Revolution would be good. But I can't try that now, maybe later...

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 11:19 
Super User

so would you say it is a blocking rubber but you just need to get use to the angles or?

more dangerous than our MB? :)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 16:12 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
so would you say it is a blocking rubber but you just need to get use to the angles or?

more dangerous than our MB? :)

Not sure yet but it is suposed to be for blocking and attacking back spin I think. Blocks are fast and dangerous. Depends on opponent if they are better than MB :)

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 23:14 
Super User

so much other stiles i have to try, and no time to do it bcs season started...:)

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 23:23 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
so much other stiles i have to try, and no time to do it bcs season started...:)

Yep. I will try it some more on the soft blade, then move it to a carbon blade (black carbon or Carbonado) and see how it does. But it will take some time before I can truly say if it is any good for me, not an easy transit from MB to this fast MP.

If you want to try similar rubber, go for the much cheaper and perhaps easier Dawei 388C. https://wookiesports.se/bordtennis/gumm ... 8c-1-king/

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 00:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Aggressor is more than just a fast blocking rubber. Those who have trained to attack with LP using a BH drive stroke will be well rewarded by Aggressor as it's more consistent and significantly faster than any LP in that regard. It's also surprisingly effective for chopping; not that it loads up massive backspin, but opponents have a lot of trouble with the ball nonetheless.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 01:29 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

nathanso wrote:
Aggressor is more than just a fast blocking rubber. Those who have trained to attack with LP using a BH drive stroke will be well rewarded by Aggressor as it's more consistent and significantly faster than any LP in that regard. It's also surprisingly effective for chopping; not that it loads up massive backspin, but opponents have a lot of trouble with the ball nonetheless.

What blade did you mount Aggressor on?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!