OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 17:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
ExiledPlayer-99 wrote:
Hey def attack, he asked for an Anti, not for a new blade

As the ALC is rather fast, use a thickness of 1.5/1.8
If u wanna play more aggresive go thinne later

Dr.N Bison in 1.8mm is fine, also good for attacking

Megablock is super slow, but i didnt like the reversal maybe its just my sheet

Greetz

Must have been really tired when I wrote that :). I would say MegaBlock is the easiest to start with. Other have better spin reversal but are also more difficult to use if you are new to frictionless anti.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 18:47 

Blade: Carbon off-
FH: Tensor or SP
BH: MediumPip
First we gotta know how our mate plays,

If he only plays BH, with aggresive attacking, i think MB is more than enough, especially if your name is amir ahmed :lol:

If it comes to a support for a BOOOOM forehand, i recommend something more dangerous and disturbing line buffalo/bison as MB is more linear imo, opponents tend to make more mistake on bison

Greeeetz

Blade: <SPINLORD Ultra Carbon ST>
FH: <DMS Burnout 1.8mm | YASAKA RD 2.3mm>
BH: <DR.N Aggressor 1.3mm

From Germany, active on http://www.noppen-test.de and happy to translate German->English

Style of Play: Two-Winged Twiddling Allround Game

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 08:56 
Super User

How does butterfly super anti compare to mega block?

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 14:33 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Just tried the iceman method of sticking the glue sheet to another surface first before attaching it to the blade... terrible idea!

Just kidding! It worked marvelously! I used a butterfly glue sheet which isn't nearly as strong as the DMS sheet. I put it on my kitchen counter top, off and on perhaps 5 times, and then put it on the blade as a lot of stickiness had already come off. I was able to peel back a good section of the glue sheet/rubber after having it glued on for most of the day. Would be no problem at all to pull it all the way off! He's a hero! Iceman is a hero!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 16:02 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

ridderz65 wrote:
How does butterfly super anti compare to mega block?

I haven't used BTY anti but similar. Very different from MB, like comparing TSP P-4 to Dornenglanz I guess. BTY is an old anti with some grip and soft sponge. You can attack with it. It does not return much of opponents spin, but more lika a spin free ball (I have played against it several times) with low speed.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017, 10:01 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
I've bought MSP REVOLUTION and Mega Block 1.5mm and its very sloooooow, I feel it's much slower than transformer, I've tried transformer 1.5 mm on my boll Alc and I'm not satisfied at all because my block often goes over the table but with Mega Block and revolution my opponents often got confused hahaha

But I also found MB main weaknees or maybe my own weakness, when your opponent soon realize and know how to play against flanti I got a long
flat no spin serve and everytime I try to attack it always goes over the table and when I only push it then I absolutely have no chance on the 3rd ball attack, can anybody give me an advice since I'm a newbie?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017, 10:09 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Joewilmar wrote:
I've bought MSP REVOLUTION and Mega Block 1.5mm and its very sloooooow, I feel it's much slower than transformer, I've tried transformer 1.5 mm on my boll Alc and I'm not satisfied at all because my block often goes over the table but with Mega Block and revolution my opponents often got confused hahaha

But I also found MB main weaknees or maybe my own weakness, when your opponent soon realize and know how to play against flanti I got a long
flat no spin serve and everytime I try to attack it always goes over the table and when I only push it then I absolutely have no chance on the 3rd ball attack, can anybody give me an advice since I'm a newbie?

That's the problem with just about all low grip antis/LP rubbers -- handling no spin or low spin!

I think the best option is to pose a threat with your other wing. Pushblocker got to a high level doing basically ONLY backhand blocking with his long pips. But that's very rare!

Watch some videos of good LP/anti players and see how they play. If your opponent knows giving you no-spin makes you weak, and you offer nothing to counter this... then they'll do it all day! Can you loop well? Smash? Until you can convince them that giving you no-spin balls will make them have a bad day against you... there's not much else to be said. You can also learn to keep the ball short/low with your anti and do safe returns that are hard to attack, if you wanted to go that route. Anything that causes their win ratio to go down when sending no-spin balls over will work.

But yes -- no spin is the great scourge of flanti!

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017, 16:27 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
skilless_slapper wrote:
Joewilmar wrote:

That's the problem with just about all low grip antis/LP rubbers -- handling no spin or low spin!

I think the best option is to pose a threat with your other wing. Pushblocker got to a high level doing basically ONLY backhand blocking with his long pips. But that's very rare!

Watch some videos of good LP/anti players and see how they play. If your opponent knows giving you no-spin makes you weak, and you offer nothing to counter this... then they'll do it all day! Can you loop well? Smash? Until you can convince them that giving you no-spin balls will make them have a bad day against you... there's not much else to be said. You can also learn to keep the ball short/low with your anti and do safe returns that are hard to attack, if you wanted to go that route. Anything that causes their win ratio to go down when sending no-spin balls over will work.

But yes -- no spin is the great scourge of flanti!

I've noticed this when playing against a player with BH Anti-spin rubber! Give them a very low no-spin return to the BH and they invariably dump the ball into the net. Give them a little to medium top-spin either they punch down the line FH for you to smash to cross-table or they try to push it the your BH side which pops up for easy put away BH or wrap-around FH smash.

But got forbid you give them heavy loops to the BH :'( You will die from the return :swear: :headbang:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 10:51 

skilless_slapper wrote:
...Watch some videos of good LP/anti players and see how they play. ...!

Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=0_NTB06S4Vg

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 00:18 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
ImageImage

So here's my setup DMS REVOLUTION with Tenergy 80 on FH and MB on BH [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] really love to use this setup

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 01:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
A late night read ?
http://www.noppen-test.de/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31482
use google translate ;)

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 01:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
A late night read ?
use google translate ;)

I've read most of it. Endless discussion on different off topics but some interesting stuff here and there.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 01:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:
A late night read ?
use google translate ;)

I've read most of it. Endless discussion on different off topics but some interesting stuff here and there.

lol yes a little flame war was going on .....loved it ;)

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 18:05 
Super User

I have revolution blade with red 1.5 mega block both brand new for sale. The mega block has been attached using a butterfly glue sheet. Only used for 2 hours.

Selling for a friend, I tried it out too but I have too much of a 'move back from the table' chopping game and the mega block wasn't for me! It would take too long to retrain myself.

If anyone is interested, he is asking £130. It also comes with a full bottle of pro anti clean!

Last edited by ridderz65 on 02 Mar 2017, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 18:09 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

ridderz65 wrote:
I have rebellion blade with red 1.5 mega block both brand new for sale. The mega block has been attached using a butterfly glue sheet. Only used for 2 hours.

Selling for a friend, I tried it out too but I have too much of a 'move back from the table' chopping game and the mega block wasn't for me! It would take too long to retrain myself.

If anyone is interested, he is asking £130. It also comes with a full bottle of pro anti clean!

I guess you mean Revolution blade? Rebellion is a LP if I remember correctly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!