OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Rasanter??
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 18:04 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Was looking in the latest LARC:

http://www.old.ittf.com/stories/pictures/LARC_2016B.pdf

in which, by the way, Adidas rubbers are listed (until March, anyhow).

What do I see under Andro?? The last Rasant I was aware of was Beat. Now there's a Rasant Chaos (if anyone wanted long pips with the famous green sponge.. here it is at last... :lol: :lol: :lol: ), number 034. Wonder if it's a long pips Tensor (do any others exist?). Then after that, numbers 035 and 036 are rubbers called "GTT" and "Good" (Hey man, that rubber any good? Yeah, it's Good, man.. :lol: ). And what's this???? Numbers 037 to 042 are.. what?? A whole new line called "Rasanter". :lol: Count them. Six of them. Except they're not called "Rasanter Turbo", "Rasanter Grip", "Rasanter Beat", etc., they're Rasanter R37, V42, R42, V47, R47 and R50. Probably in reference to sponge hardness, but what about the V and R? Pips arrangement? :lol: A la Sriver L and Sriver S perhaps? I remember using the word "rasanter" as an adjective (since Andro was using "rasant" as a synonym for "fast"), never thought it'd become a new brand name. Maybe they're rasanter than rasant. Interesting what the next Andro catalog will look like. As a matter of fact, I'm heading over to the Andro website now to see what the deal is.

Iskandar

Post subject: Re: Rasanter??
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 18:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

No Rasanters yet on the web site, but Rasant Chaos looks like this:

Yeah, they claim it's a Tensor, the sponge has "Tensor-effect", but you can buy this in OX... :lol:

Oh, have you seen the Beat video? First time, myself.

Somehow, I don't think that's the "click" people say Tensors make... :lol:

Don't think Damien Eloi's using that weird-shaped blade any more:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 18:15 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Not quite sure what the marketing people were thinking there! I can only assume it is aimed at a young demographic! Certainly doesn't appeal to me.

185g

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017, 02:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

First look at GTT and Good! here:

http://www.tt-spin.de/andro/

Or at least what their packaging will look like. And their (German) sales blurbs. No mention of the Rasanters at all.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 12:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Rasanter is.. er, coming? Not on TT11 yet. I looked.

Looks like another "40+" rubber. Probably "expensiver" than Rasant.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 13:18 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
There was a discussion on Rasant and Rasanter on mytt. A person, that seem to be from Andro Germany, said that Rasant would be discontinued as Rasanter was 'better'.
I asked if it would be removed from from the ITTF LARC. He responded that it would not be removed, because Rasant was quite successful.

I found this a little confusing... Rasant would be discontinued because Rasanter is much better, but because Rasant was so successful, Andro will not delete it from ITTF approval? :o :o :o

I cannot see the logic in removing a product that is supposedly successful, even if they make a 'better' product. I also know from personal experience that no new rubber is better in every way...it will be better for some, and worse for others.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 13:48 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Seems to me that they're somewhat emulating the Tenergy Series (64 fastest, 80 in the middle, 05 spinniest; V fastest, R spinniest, no middle ground rubber.

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 13:50 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Well they'd need to leave Rasant on the LARC until the stocks run out at least. But yes Rob tells me Rasanter is the replacement for Rasant, as an improved version on the range. I guess Rasant-er is just better-er :lol: Oh one thing I did notice with it is the max sponge is now 2.3mm, up from the old 2.1mm. From what I read of Rob's facebook post, there is more air in the sponge.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 13:58 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
BH: Victas Spectol S1
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Well they'd need to leave Rasant on the LARC until the stocks run out at least. But yes Rob tells me Rasanter is the replacement for Rasant, as an improved version on the range. I guess Rasant-er is just better-er :lol: Oh one thing I did notice with it is the max sponge is now 2.3mm, up from the old 2.1mm. From what I read of Rob's facebook post, there is more air in the sponge.

The pores certainly look bigger to me :P Or it could just be the extra 0.2 mm

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 14:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
I asked if it would be removed from from the ITTF LARC. He responded that it would not be removed, because Rasant was quite successful.

I found this a little confusing... Rasant would be discontinued because Rasanter is much better, but because Rasant was so successful, Andro will not delete it from ITTF approval? :o :o :o

Nothing surprising, really. Imagine all the howls of anguish if they remove something from the LARC if there's a huge amount still wending its way through the distribution channels, and will be for at least a year or even two. It'll probably get removed after three years or so of production ceasing.

Quote:
I cannot see the logic in removing a product that is supposedly successful, even if they make a 'better' product. I also know from personal experience that no new rubber is better in every way...it will be better for some, and worse for others.

I can. If you don't retire some products you eventually end up with a ridiculously large and complicated catalog - which Andro (and most rubber companies) already have. Sure, the new rubbers aren't better in EVERY way, in fact, I take an even bleaker view - there really isn't a HUGE difference between rubbers anyway, and the reason for bringing out new products is for the excitement they produce rather than any improvements, which are miniscule in any case. If you don't come up with new rubbers you'll lose out to your competitors who do.

The older rubbers will sell less and less as fewer and fewer people buy them, eventually it doesn't make sense to start up a production run if that production run takes five years to sell out.

What MIGHT be something to hope for is a Rasant fire sale... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 16:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
They're still making many rubbers that are much older than Rasant, yet they haven't discontinued. I'm sure there's another reason... someone on mytt eluded to something about using the word Rasant that might be a copyright/trademark issue... that's starting to sound more likely to me.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 17:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If that were the case it'd be easy to fix, just rename them. A matter of changing a small part of the molds and designing new covers and telling everyone about it. Yeah, they still sell stuff much older than Rasant, but who knows when the last production run of those took place. It's kinda like Xiom, they quit making the previous version of something when the new version comes out, or shortly thereafter. It's just that they tack a "IV" where there was a "III". Think of these as Rasant II, if they are similar enough to Rasant but an improvement, they feel that there's no point in continuing to make Rasant, while Roxon (or whatever) is different enough that there'd still be a small number of people who'd want it in the next few years at least.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 02:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Another thought - if the max sponge is now 2.3, this means the topsheet is thinner. What else has a thinner topsheet? That new Bryce - what was it called - Bryce Speed? That's supposed to be the fastest rubber Butterfly sells, to I suppose it might stand to reason that Rasanter would be "rasanter" than Rasant. :lol: And perhaps before long we'll see similar thin topsheets in the lineups of other brands (Donic, Tibhar, etc.) if they aren't there already. A thinner topsheet MIGHT also mean less weight (like KTL Pro XT - or was it XP) - depends on whether to sponge is more dense than the topsheet or the other way around.

Anyhow.. any bets on whether after another three or four years we'll see a line of rubber called "Rasantest"? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 05:46 

Blade: Xiom Fuga
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft
So it looks like the Rasanter rubber is on sale at Dandoy and TT11. Looking forward to read some reviews on it.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 11:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Noticed that yesterday. Example of package (this is the most Rasantish one):

EUR41.62 - As expected, it's expensiver than Rasant (normal price EUR39.12). Also as expected - the Rasants are all on deep sale (EUR29.12). Not quite fire sale levels yet, but.. give it a few months.. :lol:

Looks like there's new edge tape, too: :lol:

Iskandar