OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2017, 20:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
As OOAK Shop is the Australian TSP distributor, I'll be providing some samples of the new TSP Spinpips Red and Spectol Blue that I would like to share with forum members to get some reviews. These rubber are due to be released soon. Here is the manufacturer information:

TSP Spinpips Red
Attachment:
tsp_spinpips_red.jpg
tsp_spinpips_red.jpg [ 46.35 KiB | Viewed 5165 times ]
TSP Spinpips has been an absolute classic for decades and is one of the most popular pips-out rubbers worldwide. Many important titles were won with Spinpips, even today numerous top players rely on the unique features of this legendary pips-out rubber.

Spinpips Red is the softer and faster Spinpips version with built-in Dynamic Tension Technology. The very lightweight offensive sponge produces unique catapult effect and tons of speed. The proven Spinpips pips-out geometry delivers great spin and will give your opponents a hard time. The red high-performance sponge of Spinpips Red is softer and faster than the sponge of Spinpips Blue.

sponge thickness: 1,5 | 1,8 | Max
speed: 104 | control: 87 | spin: 89

TSP Spinpips Blue
Attachment:
tsp_spinpips_blue.jpg
tsp_spinpips_blue.jpg [ 43.41 KiB | Viewed 5165 times ]
TSP Spinpips has been an absolute classic for decades and is one of the most popular pips-out rubbers worldwide. Many important titles were won with Spinpips, even today numerous top players rely on the unique features of this legendary pips-out rubber.

With Spinpips Blue, TSP presents the top-end version with built-in Dynamic Tension Technology for aggressive pips-out players. This rubber uniquely combines the speed of a hard, open-pore sponge with the proven great spin potential of the special Spinpips pips geometry. The blue high-performance sponge of Spinpips Blue is slightly harder than the sponge of Spinpips Red.

speed: 102 | control: 89 | spin: 87

I have Spinpips Red in 1.9mm black & red, and Spectol Blue in 1.9mm red & black, so that's 4 rubbers up for grabs (I may choose to review one myself though). Obviously I would prefer people who have some experience with other similar rubbers for comparisons, and know how to write a review. Reviews to be posted here and will be added on my reviews blog. The rubber is free of charge and yours to keep, all I ask for is a review.

Who would like to review one of these rubbers? Post here (or PM me).

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2017, 20:33 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
haggisv wrote:
TSP Spinpips Red
Spinpips Red is the softer and faster Spinpips version with built-in Dynamic Tension Technology. The very lightweight offensive sponge produces unique catapult effect and tons of speed. The proven Spinpips pips-out geometry delivers great spin and will give your opponents a hard time. The red high-performance sponge of Spinpips Red is softer and faster than the sponge of Spinpips Blue.

speed: 104 | control: 87 | spin: 89[/i]

TSP Spinpips Blue
speed: 102 | control: 89 | spin: 87[/i]

I have Spinpips Red in 1.9mm black & red, and Spectol Blue in 1.9mm red & black, so that's 4 rubbers up for grabs (I may choose to review one myself though). Obviously I would prefer people who have some experience with other similar rubbers for comparisons, and know how to write a review. Reviews to be posted here and will be added on my reviews blog. The rubber is free of charge and yours to keep, all I ask for is a review.

Who would like to review one of these rubbers? Post here (or PM me).

That is a very generous offer. I have sheets of 2mm MD Spinpips (red), 2.2mm super spinpips 21 offensive sponge (black), Tyrano 2.2mm (black), Spectol 21 offensive sponge (black)/ It would be interesting to see how 3 generations of Spinpips differ. I'll be interested to hear the lucky "applicants" reviews.

By the way haggisv, how did you manage to get it in 1.9mm thickness when it's only advertised as 1.5 - 1.8 - max thickness? :?: Interesting they don't reference 2.2mm anymore, just max and there's no 2mm version like I have with the MD Spinpips.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2017, 23:10 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Debater wrote:
That is a very generous offer. I have sheets of 2mm MD Spinpips (red), 2.2mm super spinpips 21 offensive sponge (black), Tyrano 2.2mm (black), Spectol 21 offensive sponge (black)/ It would be interesting to see how 3 generations of Spinpips differ. I'll be interested to hear the lucky "applicants" reviews.
Sounds like you might be the right man for the job. ;)

Debater wrote:
By the way haggisv, how did you manage to get it in 1.9mm thickness when it's only advertised as 1.5 - 1.8 - max thickness? :?: Interesting they don't reference 2.2mm anymore, just max and there's no 2mm version like I have with the MD Spinpips.
The sheets are marked 1.8mm-2.0mm, as is TSP's convention. I've seen others just quote 1.5 - 1.8 - max, so I expect this is probably the 1.8mm version or else it would be marked max.
I'm always a little perplexed by TSP's convention of giving a range of thicknesses. I'm sure their tolerance is no worse than any other manufacturer, but by giving customers a thickness range not only causes confusion, but gives the perception that their manufacturing process is worse.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2017, 23:13 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

I am in the process of changing from LP to SP, and have been using DHS Hurricane 3 and Joola Snabb on a Friendship W1 (DEF+) for a few weeks. This works exceptionally well against both attackers and defenders. In particular I beat one player 3-0 last week, never having won a single set against him before.

Sadly the Joola rubber is no longer on the LARC, so I will need to change that rubber when I start competing again. The TSP rubbers look promising...

I am having knee surgery on Tuesday, and will not be training for the next month or so. If the review can wait until May or thereabouts, I would like very much to try out the "Spectol blue" or"Spinpips Blue" (some confusion above regarding exactly what you have to offer...), preferrably in red. In any case I will be eagerly awaiting the reviews.

Last edited by keme on 13 Mar 2017, 06:02, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 03:12 

Blade: Butterfly Joo Sae Hyuk
FH: Tibhar Evolution FX-S Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.Tecs 0,5m
I am keen to try out the Spectol Blue in 1.8mm red. I'm currently using TSP Spectol 1.8mm.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 07:38 

I've recently moved back to using short pimples on the forehand, and have several years experience with spinny pips including raystorm, 802-40 and Blaze Spin, and Sharping as a non-spinny pips.
I've been thinking of getting a spinpips red as a possible faster alternative to Raystorm, so I'd be very happy to test and review spinpips red (or blue) in red.

Butterfly Raystorm 2.2
Tibhar EL-S
RL Australis

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 09:24 

i played both sides pips out for 18 years. my current setup spectol red on fh and spectol 21 on bh my blade is dhs cw-e.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 11:47 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Anyone else?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 14:10 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
I made the switch from playing inverted on my th to sp. so I can compare to 802, 802-40, and Spectol. Currently I use Spectol. I'd prefer black but I don't care either way. It would be fun to review again.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 00:34 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
haggisv wrote:
Sounds like you might be the right man for the job. ;)

Been a while since I tested anything and it would have to wait until some time in April when our leagues season ends but if that's acceptable, then yes I'll give it a try thank you. Spinpips Red in red 1.9mm please.

If haggsiv agrees, what type of things would people like to see it tested for and in comparison to what?

I have the following rubbers for comparison - some are new(ish), some used a lot, some hardly at all. The TSP products I have are a few years old but have hardly been used.

Short Pips / Medium:

729:
563 Tack-Speed 2mm
729 1.8mm
802-1 1.5mm
802-40 super soft various thicknesses
Legend 1.9mm

Butterfly:
Challenger Attack 1.5mm

DHS:
652 2mm
Sharping 1.8mm

Dr. Neubauer
Killer 1.5mm
Tornado Ultra 1.8mm

Globe:
889 N-Out minus the sponge, I was going through an OX phase and experiemented :lol:

Goldway:
S936 - ?mm

Joola:
Tango Ultra 2mm?

Milkyway:
Pluto 1.5mm
Uranus 2mm

Stiga:
Radical 1.8-2mm not sure

TSP:
Spectol 21 1.7-1.9mm
Spin Pips 2mm I think
Super Spin Pips 2.2mm
Tyranno 2.2mm

Winning:
NP-2 ?

Long / Half Long:
Hallmark:
Half Long OX
Kokutaku:
911 OX
Siga:
Destroyer (thin between 0.6 and 1mm)

Thanks

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 01:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I'm interested in testing/reviewing Spinpips Red 1.8-2.0mm in black. Currently playing with Nittaku Beautry 2.0mm on FH. Previously played TSP Super Spinpips 21 Offense. ~USA1800.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2017, 09:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Debater wrote:
If haggsiv agrees, what type of things would people like to see it tested for and in comparison to what?
he does indeed. :oops:
I think comparison to similar spinny short pimples would be the most useful, Like 802-40, Tango Ultra, Superspinpips.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2017, 10:07 

I am finding that the Spectol Blue (at Max about 2.1) to be very fast with good control on Off to Off+ blades (TSP Balsa 8.5 and BBC Anvil). It seems just a tad slower than Joola Express Ultra MAX on the same fast blades. I have not found a great fit for the Spectol Blue 1.5 as of yet but the closest is the TSP Balsa 5.5 and the Donic Cayman and Firewall Plus. In general I like the Spectol blue over the original Spectol. I find the Spectol Red sponge to be too soft for my style of play.

USATT Rating: 1682

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017, 10:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Have these rubbers been released yet? I see some for sale on Ebay in HK but they could be counterfeits..

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017, 11:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Sorry, got caught up again. :oops:

I'm offering the sheets to the following members:

Spinpips Red 1.9mm blk - Nathanso
Spinpips Red 1.9mm red - Debater

Spinpips Blue 1.9mm blk - tabesamis
Spinpips Blue 1.9mm red - keme

If you take up the offer, please PM me your shipping details.

There will likely be more sample sheets in future, so for those that missed out, I'll consider you for next time, sorry :(