OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 11:27 

Rasant, Rakza 7 and Acuda Blue P2 score fairly evenly on the crowdsourced TTDB as far as Speed/Spin/Overall rating goes, but which one of these would be best for an intermediate player graduating from Mark V rubbers? (Playstyle: All+ to Off)

From best to worst Control, according to TTDB:
1) Acuda Blue P2
2) Andro Rasant
3) Yasaka Rakza 7

For players who have tried all 3, is this (mostly) correct?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 15:13 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'd be inclined to get the one I could get for the lowest price, myself.... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 19:07 

Blade: Butterfly Primorac
FH: Rakza Z
BH: DHS H8-80
You should be really careful about ratings on ttdb, rubbers in different speed and hardness classes are lumped together with similar ratings which can be hugely misleading.

For example, I am currently playing withe Omega V Europe which is significantly harder and faster rubber than my previous Rakza 7 soft and is giving quite a bit of trouble and is more difficult to control and yet Omega V Europe has a control rating of 9.2 while Rakza 7 soft has a rating of 8.8

If I were in your place and wanted to try more advanced rubber I would stick to some softer, medium speed entry level tensors like Rakza soft, Xiom Vega Europe DF, Hexer Duro, Tibhar Aurus soft or sound etc

Also there are some rubbers that I haven't tried yet that are highly praised for their control and are often described as "speed glued classics" in feel like Nexy Karis M, TSP Regalis Red and perhaps Stiga Mantra S or M and should be worth checking out.

Personally haven't played with Acuda Blue or Rasant so not sure how demanding they are and if they are good step up from Mark V

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 19:37 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
As a very low level beginner player, I remember the first time I tried Rakza7 soft and Rakza7. I had a lot of trouble trying to generate spin when opening with Rakza7 soft because I wasn't used to how soft it was. But on the other hand I had no such problems with Rakza7. So by my own rating Rakza7 offered me greater control and power compared to the Rakza7 soft.

Similarly Andro Rasant I still have, but initially when I tried it I was unable to place the ball anywhere on the table and ended up with too many long balls. Absolutely no control for me. It was way too fast. But now that the Rakza7 soft and Rasant are a little worn down :-D I am able to play a very nice brush game with them :-D Only I have problem with them getting dusty pretty quickly and I have to spend couple of seconds making sure both are clean in between play.

From my experience with Donic Bluefire M2 and Sonex JP Gold, even worn out Donic rubbers are just too insanely fast. Too overpowered and uncontrollable demon rubbers from hell :lol:

So from one of the many beginners point of view Rakza7 to this date ranks as my highest control rubber I have played with bar none.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 20:59 

man_iii wrote:
So from one of the many beginners point of view Rakza7 to this date ranks as my highest control rubber I have played with bar none.

Ok, so you would rate Rakza 7 above Rasant for controllability.

Now I'm really interested in knowing whether the Acuda Blue P2 is indeed easier to control than those two since, generally speaking, the Acuda series has been one of Donic's more controllable rubber lines (above the Bluefire and Baracuda series).

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 23:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I have Acuda Blue P2 and can attest that it's very fast and, at times, difficult to control. Going from Mark V to P2 would be like going from a Chevette to a Corvette. Another rubber I'm currently using that I've been very impressed with is JOOLA Samba Tech. Really nice balance of speed, spin, and control in a modern (40+ ball) inverted rubber. 729 Battle 1 is another such rubber. I'd leave the Tenergy aspirants like P2 for later.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 03:39 

Blade: DHS PG 9
FH: 729 SP Transcend
BH: Mark V
I would suggest 729 focus 3 snipe. Much spin and speed than mark v but not very much different. It costs less than 12 $. If you feel confident with it then go with faster tensor rubbers.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 04:05 
Super User

debooak wrote:
I would suggest 729 focus 3 snipe. Much spin and speed than mark v but not very much different. It costs less than 12 $. If you feel confident with it then go with faster tensor rubbers.

And another similar "MarkV" from 729 would be the 729-5 :lol: its definitely a lot similar to MarkV and the 729 Focus+Snipe III. Note that the cream sponge is soft yet brittle so durability on 729 rubbers is going to be less.

I can't spin enough with rubbers like MarkV and hence I switched to tacky/Chinese rubbers and changed my strokes+play but thats just me not having enough power, confidence, experience to use MarkV effectively. |(

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
==========================================================

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 04:20 

Blade: DHS PG 9
FH: 729 SP Transcend
BH: Mark V
man_iii wrote:
And another similar "MarkV" from 729 would be the 729-5 :lol: its definitely a lot similar to MarkV and the 729 Focus+Snipe III. Note that the cream sponge is soft yet brittle so durability on 729 rubbers is going to be less.

I can't spin enough with rubbers like MarkV and hence I switched to tacky/Chinese rubbers and changed my strokes+play but thats just me not having enough power, confidence, experience to use MarkV effectively. |(

I have not used 729-5 but focus 3 snipe is definitely much spinier than mark V. Durability is an issue. One must not hit the table! :whew: The rubber is very soft. Even 46 degree seems very soft.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 04:32 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
For block and drive mark v rubber, these can be good upgrade.

Yasaka Pryde 30
Yasaka Fusion
JOOLA Energy Green Power X-Soft
Stiga Innova Ultra Light
Andro Rasant Beat

But, how often you loop or drive? Those rubbers, like mark v, are poor looper rubber compared to Hurricane series. :D

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 23:43 

debooak wrote:
I would suggest 729 focus 3 snipe. Much spin and speed than mark v but not very much different. It costs less than 12 $.

I think the real question is - Does it cost $7.29?? :rofl:

So far from the consensus, it's looking like the Rakza 7/7 Soft has better control than Rasant and Acuda Blue P2 maybe because it's one of the older tensors?

Last edited by cloudlight on 20 Mar 2017, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 01:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

man_iii wrote:
As a very low level beginner player, I remember the first time I tried Rakza7 soft and Rakza7. I had a lot of trouble trying to generate spin when opening with Rakza7 soft because I wasn't used to how soft it was. But on the other hand I had no such problems with Rakza7. So by my own rating Rakza7 offered me greater control and power compared to the Rakza7 soft.

Similarly Andro Rasant I still have, but initially when I tried it I was unable to place the ball anywhere on the table and ended up with too many long balls. Absolutely no control for me. It was way too fast. But now that the Rakza7 soft and Rasant are a little worn down :-D I am able to play a very nice brush game with them :-D Only I have problem with them getting dusty pretty quickly and I have to spend couple of seconds making sure both are clean in between play.

Interesting. My experience with Rasant was the opposite - it was underwhelming. Was it a bad rubber? No. Could I loop with it? Yes. Could I hit the table with it? Yes. Could I serve spinny serves with it? Sure. So why was I disappointed? Because it wasn't any better (or to tell the truth - very different) than what I was using at the time (can't remember what it was - definitely Chinese - maybe worn out Apollo III or maybe it was Big Dipper, or that cheap Emperor Dragon that ttnpp sells for $4). I'd paid so much money for it, and read so much Andro advertising that I was expecting something earth-shakingly fast, something I'd find hard to control until learned to use it. After all, it was a TENSOR!!!! Stands to reason, right? Nothing of the sort. I did continue using that sheet of Rasant for over a year, until it got grotty, and that sheet of Big Dipper too - after all, I'd paid a lot of money for them, I definitely was going to get the most I could out of them.. :lol:

Reminds me - I've got a sheet of Rasant Turbo on a racket I haven't touched for several months. Maybe I should move it to one of my hoard of M8s and actually put it to use..

debooak wrote:
man_iii wrote:

I have not used 729-5 but focus 3 snipe is definitely much spinier than mark V. Durability is an issue. One must not hit the table! :whew: The rubber is very soft. Even 46 degree seems very soft.

*SIGH* Yet another Chinese rubber to buy and try. Is it REALLY so soft it's got durability issues??? Now I've got to find out.. :lol: I've tried many, many, many Chinese rubbers, have yet to find anything as soft as this - even the - what was it - 33 degree? Yasaka ZAP wouldn't fall apart if you hit the table. The only TRULY TOO SOFT Chinese rubber I've ever come across was Reactor Ckylin, and it was S-L-O-W (Chinese Blue Fire my foot... :lol: ). THIS is why I have a pile of rubber two feet high... testing out what people say about them. Just plain old curiosity.

Eacheng's best price on AliExpress seems to be $10.45:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origina ... 76876.html

Blurb: "729 Focus III is the first non-tacky sandwich rubber developed in China. Its snipe colloidal particle is produced by the whole new processing technique and mould technology. all of which make the rubber more delicate and soft in its nature but more lasting to its non-tacky rubber quality so that strong friction and spin can be easily created. The wholely-new sponge is upgraded by energy-storing technology combined with SENSOR sticking technology that can create super strong bounce by using VOC free glues. The new sandwich rubber is upgraded in an all round way, therefore, it has the characters of nice perfect feelings, intensive force and easy control. Compared with the overseas similar products, ours is more value for money and it is the first choice of backhand players whose style is the quick attacking loop."

So it's got "Sensor" technology. Probably much like Palio's "Biotech" and Yinhe's "Max Tense" - not sure what any of these are, exactly - though one should note that "Sensor" rhymes with "Tensor". :lol:

729-5? Maybe I should try that, too - one wonders, though, if there really is any difference between 729, 729-2, 729-3, 729-4, 729-5, 729-6, 729-7, 729-8, 729-9 and 729-12. :lol:

Cheaper, at $8.95. Love the blurb on the back:

"The special formula design causes the rubber outward appearance to be shining under the sun like a crystal (really???? :lol: ). The unique big teeth grains, which are the same as the architecture of towers, with the vertical arrangement of design, it has enhanced the effect of instant impact of the moment touching ball. Meanwhile, with the utilization of the low consumption and release of energy, it causes the deformed potential-energy and sets of rubber' s own tension to release continually, and achieve the maximization of sets of rubber rebound. The advanced stored energy agglutination craft, causes a set of rubber not to need to smudge the fast glue water, similarly has the perfect speed, the spin and the control performance."

I've suddenly realized - I still haven't tested Eagle and Kangaroo yet... SIGH... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 02:42 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
Go with Rakza7 it's closest to mark v of the rubbers you listed

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 07:20 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
Apart from the panacea CJ8000 rubber I also suggest Rakza 7 and maybe Donic Barracuda.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2017, 16:13 
Super User

cloudlight wrote:
debooak wrote:
I would suggest 729 focus 3 snipe. Much spin and speed than mark v but not very much different. It costs less than 12 $.

I think the real question is - Does it cost $7.29?? :rofl:

So far from the consensus, it's looking like the Rakza 7/7 Soft has better control than Rasant and Acuda Blue P2 maybe because it's one of the older tensors?

I dint realise u asked me a question. :-) Yep I rate Rakza7 the "BEST" rubber I laid my hands on as a very low level beginner player. Andro Rasant / Donic bluefire / Tenergy / Tibhar stuff all were too fast and yet Rakza7 WASNT too fast or too uncontrollable ! Magically the ball would land on the table.

Rakza7 gave me the confidence to play push/chop, loop-attack low balls, smash from my BH, etc.

Rakza7 Soft is supposed to be way better for beginners to use but I COULDNT ! So Rakza7 plain and simple all the way for me back then :-D

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)