OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 16:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2017, 01:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Def-attack wrote:
popette59 wrote:
Ok but this chinese sponge, is it absorbing ? Do you have the brake effect ?

This is very interesting, so please start a separate thread for it so others can find it.

^agreed^

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 13:32 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
Hi guys, while I am waiting for the Revolution blade to arrive, I was able to very quickly try the MB 2.0mm on a Stiga Hypertech CR today. I am used to a very old & slick SuperAnti 2.0mm, and the MB felt harder and perhaps not so much spin reversal (although much more compared to a new SuperAnti), so I'll hang on to the MB for the foreseeable future. I felt though that perhaps I was killing some of the reversal by punching my blocks a tad too much. I'll try to soften it up and may be not push so much. If anyone has suggestions to adjust, I'd appreciate it much. Here's the 2 short videos I spontaneously had my daughter take of me. Not made public as it's not proper test or anything. Again, appreciate any feedback :)

https://youtu.be/8sHcMopn8Xk
https://youtu.be/jRJPkKvdjfA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 13:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Looks good univesse, thanks for the videos! :up:

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 17:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Looks good. Besides what you noticed yourself, you could try to block the ball a little later, closer to its highest point. This way you can make the arc flatter and also leave more spin on the ball. If you block very close to the bounce you may kill more spin than you have to.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 19:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Def-attack wrote:
Besides what you noticed yourself, you could try to block the ball a little later, closer to its highest point. This way you can make the arc flatter and also leave more spin on the ball. If you block very close to the bounce you may kill more spin than you have to.

That's very perceptive Def-attack, not something I've though about before. :up:

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 19:32 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

haggisv wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Besides what you noticed yourself, you could try to block the ball a little later, closer to its highest point. This way you can make the arc flatter and also leave more spin on the ball. If you block very close to the bounce you may kill more spin than you have to.

Thanks. This is actually rather important when blocking with frictionless anti, and especially with MB (at least I think so). Not sure if it applies to other rubbers though...

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 22:59 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
and it also seems that your blade is too fast for MB...there was not any braking on the blocks that usually occurs...and also, the spin from the robot didnt seems high...

so the combination of the thickest MB, fast blade and fast not very spiny balls produce this kind of block...

also, as a side note, how did you glue the MB to the blade? when your revolution blade comes, be very careful when removing it...you have a procedure in my blog if you'll have problems...

do you have any other videos to show? you seem to be a good player from whom we can learn something :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 23:44 

Def-attack wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Thanks. This is actually rather important when blocking with frictionless anti, and especially with MB (at least I think so). Not sure if it applies to other rubbers though...

Thanks for the advice Def-attack, I had not thought about that but now that you mention it, I realize this is how AA blocks. I was wondering how he manages to keep so much spin on the block. It felt somewhat counterintuitive to me as usually so far the earlier I catch the ball after the bounce, "the easier". But perhaps MB will allow to keep more control that way than my old SA. I can't wait to try. Nothing like the view of a slow, loaded block :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2017, 00:10 

111Iceman111 wrote:
and it also seems that your blade is too fast for MB...there was not any braking on the blocks that usually occurs...and also, the spin from the robot didnt seems high...
so the combination of the thickest MB, fast blade and fast not very spiny balls produce this kind of block...
also, as a side note, how did you glue the MB to the blade? when your revolution blade comes, be very careful when removing it...you have a procedure in my blog if you'll have problems...
do you have any other videos to show? you seem to be a good player from whom we can learn something :up:

The Hypertech is supposed to be a Stiga Allround Classis with a CR coating. I chose it as the backhand side is slower than the forehand. It's not too fast, though I remember when I played with BTY Morim blade (All- but very stiff), I had much more control on block. But back then the speed glue compensated on the FH side. Anyhow, I should receive the DMS Revolution tomorrow, and will see how that compares.

And you are right the robot speed on that drill was not too high, neither the spin. I will up it next time.
I had tried the MB on a Stiga Off Classic CR blade last week by only applying glue to the blade (as I had seen your warnings :up: (and your machete removal technique :D)
Even so, it didn't fall off too easily when I took it off, so I just pressed it onto the Hypertech, as now both the blade and rubber had some glue on them.
I only tried it for 20 min and with Revolution on the way, didn't want to take any chances.
You can see when I swung with my forehand on the last point that the rubber fell off the blade.
I will use a BTY adhesive sheet to attach it to the Revolution. Excited to see how a specialized blade will fare!~
I'll look for some more videos, not that good tho :oops:

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 23:28 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
Is there anyone who have tried to play like Mr AA? with medium/short pimples on forehand and megablock on backhand??

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 00:01 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
Joewilmar wrote:
Is there anyone who have tried to play like Mr AA? with medium/short pimples on forehand and megablock on backhand??

That is my aim once the season finishes, 5 more games to go.

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 02:51 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
Another video

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017, 06:44 

^ Thanks, always nice to see different strokes and techniques.

I played a couple of times with Mega-Block 2.0 on a DMS Revolution blade, and while I think I like it, I cannot but notice how little spin this combo reverses.
(I'll keep this setup for a while as I actually enjoy the blade for my forehand - the low throw feels great for power loops (although hard to generate spin) but that's off topic..)
And my basis for comparison is old SuperAnti's in 2.0mm (and 2.2mm), which felt softer and slower than MB 2.0, and the spin reversal was orders of magnitude bigger.
I still find the MB 2.0 is very controlled, but much harder feel & louder sound when blocking. Which I can live with if the reversal was there.

I am curious about the difference in spin reversal and speed between MB in 2.0 and in 1.5mm. Has anyone tried both to comment?
And also, for that matter, the difference in spin reversal and speed between MB 2.0 and Transformer 1.5mm.

I mostly see videos of people using MB and Transformer in 1.5mm, and the reversal is obviously higher.
But I have never tried an Anti in less than 2.0mm, as I fear it will make too much wood noise, and also bounce too much.

Btw, I'm at +- 2200 US rating currently, and I feel to win against players higher than 2300 I need more spin reversal, while still able to block against power loops. Cheers~

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017, 07:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

univesse wrote:

I played a couple of times with Mega-Block 2.0 on a DMS Revolution blade, and while I think I like it, I cannot but notice how little spin this combo reverses.
(I'll keep this setup for a while as I actually enjoy the blade for my forehand - the low throw feels great for power loops (although hard to generate spin) but that's off topic..)
And my basis for comparison is old SuperAnti's in 2.0mm (and 2.2mm), which felt softer and slower than MB 2.0, and the spin reversal was orders of magnitude bigger.
I still find the MB 2.0 is very controlled, but much harder feel & louder sound when blocking. Which I can live with if the reversal was there.

I am curious about the difference in spin reversal and speed between MB in 2.0 and in 1.5mm. Has anyone tried both to comment?
And also, for that matter, the difference in spin reversal and speed between MB 2.0 and Transformer 1.5mm.

I mostly see videos of people using MB and Transformer in 1.5mm, and the reversal is obviously higher.
But I have never tried an Anti in less than 2.0mm, as I fear it will make too much wood noise, and also bounce too much.

Btw, I'm at +- 2200 US rating currently, and I feel to win against players higher than 2300 I need more spin reversal, while still able to block against power loops. Cheers~

You probably get better spin reversal with 1,5 mm but not as good as with Transformer. But Mega Block is much more controlled, less unforced errors and blocks are more easy to keep low and short. The slowness is an important key to why to choose Mega Block, even more than spin reversal (since there are better options for that).

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017, 07:45 

Def-attack wrote:
univesse wrote:

You probably get better spin reversal with 1,5 mm but not as good as with Transformer. But Mega Block is much more controlled, less unforced errors and blocks are more easy to keep low and short. The slowness is an important key to why to choose Mega Block, even more than spin reversal (since there are better options for that).

Thanks Def-attack. I know what you mean. I don't feel MB is that slow either like everyone says but it is nevertheless very controlled and fairly easy to use.
I also think I should do some more playing time before drawing further conclusions, and in the meantime try to adjust my strokes.
Got a tourny coming up in a week which should be more or less the moment of truth :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next