OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2017, 20:06 

Hi All,

I have been looking for a penhold bat.
Unfortunately in Europe the only affordable bat available is the DHS 4006 at $20. And this was also shipped from China.

So in the end I went to Aliexpress/Ebay and the choice there is bewildering. From premades to custom. So many choices. Thankfully I found the TTDB en OOAKforum.

I am amazed how much choice there was in my budget.

With help of Iskander choice has fallen to the Sanwei M8 with General 729 rubbers 2.2 medium at around 16$ via Eacheng. But there is some delay with availability.

So I also came across some interesting premades that were well within my price range. To be honest this seems very interesting as alternative.

http://www.eacheng.net/RITC729-1060-Pip ... 10769.html
At 11$ you get the choice of rubbers from the 729 FX, RITC729, 729-2 or other RITC 729 pips in rubber for FH and BH.
You get a 5 ply all round blade.
I can’t find any information what kind of blade they are using. Amyone know this bat/blade?
But doesn’t this mean you can get a bat with your choice of 729 rubber for $10,99? Doesnt this mean this is actually a custom bat now? But you are not allowed to choose the blade.

An alternative is
http://www.eacheng.net/RITC729-Pips-In- ... 10762.html
A more attacking all round blade 5 ply at 16$. Similar price to the Sanwei combo.
You get in FH a 729 cream and in BH a RITC 729 rubber. Again no idea which blade they are using.

The yinghe premades unfortunately are all shakehands and not penholds.

At my budget is the 11$ not a great choice? Or is the Sanwei M8 bat so much better?

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 07:41 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
If you're a beginner, any of those choices are great! Way better than some store-bought cheap Butterfly, Donic, or Stiga premade ;)
EDIT: I didn't see that you specifically wanted a penhold blade; oops :oops: shakehand paddles CAN be held with a penhold grip. I'd personally go for iskandar's reccomendation :D

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 16:16 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
The difference between a custom and a factory-premade is who's doing the glue-job.
So, the 729-premades will be already glued before they arrive at the dealer with a glue that sometimes is very hard to remove from the rubber and/or the blade (which is especially true for the cheap western premades found at the mall).

You may ask Eacheng if they have a specific premade with 729-Super FX or 729-2 available before ordering but you also need to consider shipping costs (minus your first $5 welcome-bonus?!). Blade quality also is a big question and it may not be as worthy at all compared to the M8-custom.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 16:51 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

I have had some (20-ish) Friendship premades in my hands (RITC/729 is the same as the "Friendship" brand) and never had trouble removing old rubber from them. They use proper TT glue, so the rubber comes off easily and in one piece. Premades from other makers usually have much stronger glue.

The 2060 comes with better rubbers than the 1060, and if my memory serves me right the blade is also lighter.

Rubber variation is not per your choice. The factory uses whatever is around, from the range indicated. They probably use leftover/surplus from a batch after packaging. The sellers may do you the favor of looking through what they have, but this is premade and not a "custom build", so what they have is what you'll get.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 17:25 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I pulled the rubbers off a 729 Fighter pre-made and it was quite difficult. Pulled out some plies too. Was able to do a repair job and put new rubbers on but when they expired, decided to replace the bat with a custom.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 20:30 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
It is very hard, if not next to impossible to pull off the rubbers from a premade and to manage to do it without harming the blade. I have tried it a couple of times. It took a lot of cleaning, rubbing, sanding, and I do think the top ply was left thinner in the end, and I am sure that change the way the blade plays.

In the end the effort did not seem to be worth it considering there are so many cheap blades out there now that are more than decent.

In fact some of the Chinese blades cost less than some Butterfly or Donic premades.

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 20:46 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, I suppose it varies. I have a pair of Yinhe pre-mades. The first one was quite cheap, and I'd taken a liking to Yinhe 9000 (the rubber) and that's what was on these blades. So I thought I'd remove the sheets of 9000 from this blade and use them somewhere else, and replace them with Corbor or that Timo Boll Warheads rubber. I didn't get very far - I noticed that while it did seem like it was going to be easy to remove the rubber, it wasn't going to be easy to remove the rubber without damaging it (I don't think it would've hurt the blade). Since the rubber was almost new I re-glued the corner I had peeled.

One thing to be careful of - on AliExpress Eachgeng sells stuff at prices which include shipping, while on eacheng.net the prices seem a lot lower but DON'T include shipping. Which is why I've never bought anything off eacheng.net yet. Maybe you can get a bargain, but you'd probably have to buy several items. On AliExpress, the seven or eight Eacheng "stores" (and the two on ebay!) all sell for different prices. Just choose the lowest one (they vary over time, and there are always coupons to consider).

By the way, you DON'T get a choice of rubbers, it is RITC that has a choice of what rubbers to put on.. :lol: Whatever they have had lying around for a while which they haven't packed yet (and would involve unpacking and throwing away a lot of packing material), I suppose. Or if they have blems - I don't see 729 selling off blems like Haifu does (or used to do). I notice the same thing with some Yinhe pre-mades these days, you might, if you're lucky, get one with Moon Speed, or Big Dipper, or Venus II. Well, maybe not Big Dipper. I'll bet DHS does this as well - they sell a lot of pre-mades.

About the blades? All I can say is: 1) the M8 is a darned good blade, despite its price, and 2) I haven't tried the 729 ones, but they're probably plenty good enough. Considering what they cost.. heck, just buy one and find out. I should also point out that Eacheng would probably (and gladly) glue whatever rubbers you buy to whatever blade you buy as long as you order them at the same time (from the same store). Just ask them.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2017, 00:18 

Totally right. You get a bat with rubbers. You cant choose a rubber, but will be one of the RITC ones. Lol.

I use penhold and these are diffcult to find in teh netherlands. So was kinda forced to rrder online. The choice at Eayang is really bewildering. But i had fun sorting through everything.

Thanks for your information and replies.

learning all of this is half the fun. Can't wait for the bat and learning to play.