OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Make your own blade
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 16:12 

I have finished my blade. Balsa 3.5mm, .4mm each of veneers. It is fast and bouncy. What thickness of balsa core and veeners makes for an OFF- looping blade?

Sent from my Lenovo PB1-770M using Tapatalk

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

All decked with DHS H3Neo
and Yinhe Moon! I'm cured from low-level EJ'ying!

On to the next TT journey!

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 14:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

A source of very pretty woods for handles, etc.

https://www.cuestik.com/store/?DEPARTMENT_ID=240

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 05:00 

Thanks. Good source is always appreciated.

PostPosted: 24 May 2017, 04:02 

Blade: LQ2
FH: Neptune ox
BH: ck531a ox
Hello everyone

Im new here.
I was looking at the huge variety of blades made by different players. Im nothing as compared to them, but still ill post d pic of my blade which i made few days back.

Composition 11ply

0.35mm Rosewood
1mm Balsa
0.35mm Indian Birch
1mm Balsa
0.35mm Mahogany
1mm Balsa
0.35mm Mahogany
1mm Balsa
0.35mm Indian Birch
1mm Balsa
0.35mm Rosewood

I didnt had any cork sheet or lump, so i used 1mm Balsa both side

And for the lump i used or i should say i tried something mix of balsa and some scrap wood i had. Used PVC edge banding because the way i cut shapes is never accurate.

I dont have any powertool

Only hacksaw
coping saw
rasp
Files
And sandpapers

Sorry, for d shape. Its not even good looking, but i tried.

Attachments:
IMG_20170524_000841_215.JPG
IMG_20170524_000841_215.JPG [ 54.54 KiB | Viewed 5975 times ]

PostPosted: 24 May 2017, 04:07 

Blade: LQ2
FH: Neptune ox
BH: ck531a ox
Here is another pic

Attachments:
IMG_20170524_003017_528.JPG
IMG_20170524_003017_528.JPG [ 63.53 KiB | Viewed 5975 times ]

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 15:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Found another maker. This time in Thailand.

https://www.facebook.com/SIAMPINGPONGHANDMADE/

Sort of falls into the "too pretty to put rubber on" category.. :lol:

There's a video, too.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2017, 00:45 

Blade: custom all wood
FH: Tibhar Genius
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7
I'm not very active on this forum, but thought i'd share some pictures of my handcrafted blades.

Some of these are quite old and have been sold already (some via this forum actually). The top ones were some of my first. I guess you can see that in the amount of detail compared to the bottom ones.

My last 5 blades (not all pictured) have all been quite similar as I feel this is a composition that I want to study further. I've had 2 players from my club buy a blade after just a short test session and I'm using the blade myself for competition and really like it. This makes me believe I'm onto something good. The goal was to make a very light blade that plays, feels and sounds like a wood blade. These blades weigh between 64 and 74 grams and are ALL+ to OFF speedwise. I have built different versions of the blade (a bit thicker core, thicker or thinner outer plies, ...) and I'm testing these. (Some are sold)

But here are some pictures:

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2017, 01:45 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

How do you make those logos?? Looks like laser burning to me.. or a CNC router!

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2017, 02:09 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
[quote="MDP"]I'm not very active on this forum, but thought i'd share some pictures of my handcrafted blades.

Some of these are quite old and have been sold already (some via this forum actually). The top ones were some of my first. I guess you can see that in the amount of detail compared to the bottom ones.

My last 5 blades (not all pictured) have all been quite similar as I feel this is a composition that I want to study further. I've had 2 players from my club buy a blade after just a short test session and I'm using the blade myself for competition and really like it. This makes me believe I'm onto something good. The goal was to make a very light blade that plays, feels and sounds like a wood blade. These blades weigh between 64 and 74 grams and are ALL+ to OFF speedwise. I have built different versions of the blade (a bit thicker core, thicker or thinner outer plies, ...) and I'm testing these. (Some are sold)

A light blade around 70gm that feels like a good 5 or 7 ply wood blade would I am sure attract a lot of interest. I would love to play with a classic wood all+ blade but at around 85gm these are too heavy for me so I play with TSP balsa blades but sometimes struggle with the balsa soft feel and non linearity. I have recently tried an Andro temper tech all + but it somehow just does not feel like an all wood blade should - lacks feedback.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2017, 05:25 

Blade: custom all wood
FH: Tibhar Genius
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7
ChasFox wrote:
MDP wrote:
I'm not very active on this forum, but thought i'd share some pictures of my handcrafted blades.

A light blade around 70gm that feels like a good 5 or 7 ply wood blade would I am sure attract a lot of interest. I would love to play with a classic wood all+ blade but at around 85gm these are too heavy for me so I play with TSP balsa blades but sometimes struggle with the balsa soft feel and non linearity. I have recently tried an Andro temper tech all + but it somehow just does not feel like an all wood blade should - lacks feedback.

I don't know how the andro temper tech all+ plays but I had a temper tech off- a long time ago. Very good blade!
I have made balsa blades in the past aswell because of the lightness, but these were never that succesfull because of the soft feel and non linearity you described. I felt these were better for flat hitters and I'm mainly focused on topspinning. These new blades however really sparked my (and other peoples) interest because it takes the weight of a balsa blade (maybe a few grams more, my lightest balsa blade was 60g) but it doesn't play like it or sound like it. There's allso no 'cheap' tricks like really light or hollow handles, because this would mess with the balance of the blade.

10th picture : all wood blade of 70g (test blade), reminded me a bit of my virtuoso but more topheavy, this blade has light non-hollow handle
8th picture : 60g balsa blade (sold) / I allso have another balsa blade that plays more controlled and a bit less non-linear around 60-64g, but no picture
13th picture : original lightweight "plays-like-non-balsa-blade", 68g, I use it for training and competition, does not feel topheavy with T80 and vega pro on it.
16/17th picture : 2 of the different versions, both faster and more solid then the original, aprox. 73g

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 20:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

A source of 0.5mm veneers! Problem is they're in Australia.

https://www.balsacentral.com/collections/microwood

300x915mm cedar - $25.85 (this is Aussie dollars though).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 20:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Source of basalt cloth! And it's not terribly expensive...

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 14777.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2018, 22:49 

Here are my latest blades and one quick shot onto multiple one together with new viscaria for comparison .
First is new OFF ++ Design 98 grams 5 wood +2 aramid carbon layers

All of the blades are made for speed and control ... I`m happy that they just went perfectly done... but still this is not the final product .... I need the off++ to get some weight down ....
I`m surprised like this 5 version of shape is near the butterfly design ... a little bit in wings difference and handle ...but still the evolution goes nearly the same way ..... In beginning i was using RosLady shape but it was not the right think so i have done some reshaping according people and my suggestions and this fifth generation is just superb.
Now they both blades are in hand of very experienced player : Simona Fabianová

The one with red Hair
Which is testing them and he will decide if she take one or he stays with Timo Boll ALC .
And for the viscaria i have on the table.... i do not understand who can buy this new Viscaria ... it feels like plastic for 180 and more euros Really ? The old one with old logo which my colleague have ... this is totally different blade ... This new one is really using balsa as core ... it has 83 grams only... And btw the timo boll ALC looks in composition like the viscaria with different handle ....I`m very confused from this.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2018, 23:06 

Bandic wrote:
Here are my latest blades and one quick shot onto multiple one together with new viscaria for comparison .
First is new OFF ++ Design 98 grams 5 wood +2 aramid carbon layers

All of the blades are made for speed and control ... I`m happy that they just went perfectly done... but still this is not the final product .... I need the off++ to get some weight down ....
I`m surprised like this 5 version of shape is near the butterfly design ... a little bit in wings difference and handle ...but still the evolution goes nearly the same way ..... In beginning i was using RosLady shape but it was not the right think so i have done some reshaping according people and my suggestions and this fifth generation is just superb.
Now they both blades are in hand of very experienced player : Simona Fabianová

The one with red Hair
Which is testing them and he will decide if she take one or he stays with Timo Boll ALC .
And for the viscaria i have on the table.... i do not understand who can buy this new Viscaria ... it feels like plastic for 180 and more euros Really ? The old one with old logo which my colleague have ... this is totally different blade ... This new one is really using balsa as core ... it has 83 grams only... And btw the timo boll ALC looks in composition like the viscaria with different handle ....I`m very confused from this.

WTF Man
This is my post stolen from TTD .....

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2018, 13:19 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Wow.. it's interesting that people would do this sort of stuff. If you notice, it's the very first post, too. Do you have a link to the original post on the other forum, I'd like to go take a look myself.. This is bizarre.

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 41  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!