OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Alexei Sypachevskii!!??
PostPosted: 04 May 2017, 11:51 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Hi, I have watched many of the Spinlord tests on YouTube and I am really impressed with Alexei Sypachevskii who tests a lot of Spinlord gear through tt-maximum.com, whatever they are??
Maybe a club or something?

Anyway from the Spinlord homepage you can see they play for SpinlordKharkov, all sounds Eastern European to me maybe Ukrainian at a guess!?

The allround skills of this guy are amazing, his demos of lp rubbers are very impressive, does anyone know a lot about this guy, I would love to see him live in a match, I wonder if he has a world ranking?

Can't do links, sorry but checkout the Spinlord Agenda Mega test on YouTube where he is featured a lot in the various different tests/drills, he's tall and slight of build!

If anyone can contribute anything else about this guy I would appreciate very much!

PostPosted: 04 May 2017, 13:48 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
I've seen some videos of him playing in the Ukrainian league.. and I've also seen him looping underspin in one of his videos. Despite the fact that he's running a TT shop and is very knowledgeable in the TT theory (I watch his videos from time to time), he's pretty unorthodox as a player and overall his shots and technique aren't all that impressive (IMHO).

Just my 2c

PostPosted: 04 May 2017, 23:21 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Sypachevskii himself is not a world rank player, but there are several SpinLord sponsored Ukrainian players who are.

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 14:50 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

notfound123 wrote:
I've seen some videos of him playing in the Ukrainian league.. and I've also seen him looping underspin in one of his videos. Despite the fact that he's running a TT shop and is very knowledgeable in the TT theory (I watch his videos from time to time), he's pretty unorthodox as a player and overall his shots and technique aren't all that impressive (IMHO).

Just my 2c
Mmm, ok, maybe not!

But imho I still think he has great skills, is very effective and efficient!

Have seen him in a match or two also, I still like his style and economy of effort!

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 14:53 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Omut wrote:
Sypachevskii himself is not a world rank player, but there are several SpinLord sponsored Ukrainian players who are.

Yes some very very good players who can be seen from the testing / trials, for me Alexei looks to be equally as good as most!

Maybe he doesn't want to go any further up the ladder!

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 15:28 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
notfound123 wrote:

Just my 2c

He has huge FH smash, but he seems to like defending with ox pips and running around. His chopping technique is quite bad in comparison to his good overall level of play. It's a bit odd that he demonstrates spinlord chopping equipment with his bad chopping technique with usually very high balls. Maybe he likes to give meter high chops with littlee spin and then try to get the incoming smash back...? I think he could play more clever strategy with some adjustments, if winning is his goal.

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 18:08 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Roy wrote:
notfound123 wrote:

Just my 2c

He has huge FH smash, but he seems to like defending with ox pips and running around. His chopping technique is quite bad in comparison to his good overall level of play. It's a bit odd that he demonstrates spinlord chopping equipment with his bad chopping technique with usually very high balls. Maybe he likes to give meter high chops with littlee spin and then try to get the incoming smash back...? I think he could play more clever strategy with some adjustments, if winning is his goal.

I agree, but I think he has his own style to demo the gear, but he always makes the shot, chopping that is and never looks out of control, brilliant reflexes too, I just like watching him play and demo, he kills the ball for fun, I agree for sure if he wants too, he can / could play with more strategy, he looks a very intelligent player to me!

Anyway, I love to watch those SpinlordKharkov guys demo rubbers, some great play to watch and really good to see what these rubbers are capable of, great job Alexeiy and guys!

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 23:04 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Robot Blocker wrote:
Roy wrote:
notfound123 wrote:

Just my 2c

I agree, but I think he has his own style to demo the gear, but he always makes the shot, chopping that is and never looks out of control, brilliant reflexes too, I just like watching him play and demo, he kills the ball for fun, I agree for sure if he wants too, he can / could play with more strategy, he looks a very intelligent player to me!

Anyway, I love to watch those SpinlordKharkov guys demo rubbers, some great play to watch and really good to see what these rubbers are capable of, great job Alexeiy and guys!

It is a bit easier to achieve when you are making a demo video and can afford multiple takes :).

I also enjoy his videos and find his play 'relatable' - he almost looks like 'one of us', compared to much more polished pros. He also has a wicked sense of humor, at least judging by the posts on tt-maximum forum. I guess you have to have one, when dealing with a constant stream of 'will this rubber/blade work for me?' questions.

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 23:59 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

That's a great reply, me likee very much!!!

Do you speak Ukrainian?

Is there, or how can I access to read his stuff in English, help??!
Also his website, help???

PostPosted: 06 May 2017, 00:18 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Robot Blocker wrote:
That's a great reply, me likee very much!!!

Do you speak Ukrainian?

Is there, or how can I access to read his stuff in English, help??!
Also his website, help???

I speak Russian and he posts mostly (only?) in Russian. He does not have his own site AFAIK, but their shop is here:

http://www.tt-maximum.com

and their forum is at

http://www.tt-maximum.com/forum

All posts are in Russian/Ukrainian though, so you are out of luck, I'm afraid. You already know about his YouTube channel, though.

PostPosted: 06 May 2017, 07:02 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

pgpg,
cheers buddy, guess I need to go to night school!!! :lol: :rofl:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!