OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 23:05 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
There is a way to observe spin, if not to measure it. Use a marker pen and put four big, black 15mm dots on the ball, at the vertices of a tetrahedron (i.e. equally spaced around the ball). It's quite easy to observe the spin, and tell whether it's heavy or super-heavy. Try this with different balls and see if you can see the difference. You'd probably need something like one of those high speed Casio cameras to actually quantify the spin, but it'd be interesting to see if you can actually perceive a difference without the camera.

Iskandar

+1

I tried the dot thing, I still dots are harder to see as the ball is spinning, for that reason, I like larger colored sections.

Thus I do this.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 13:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Just an update after, perhaps, half a dozen sessions using the DHS D40+ ball at my local TT club: Zero broken balls, zero cracked balls! Easily the most durable TT ball I can recall using. The rough coating lasts an admirably long time but they do start to smooth out after 20h or so, which is entirely OK by me! Even my Nittaku-only friends have warmed up to the DHS D40+.

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 17:27 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
nathanso wrote:
Just an update after, perhaps, half a dozen sessions using the DHS D40+ ball at my local TT club: Zero broken balls, zero cracked balls! Easily the most durable TT ball I can recall using. The rough coating lasts an admirably long time but they do start to smooth out after 20h or so, which is entirely OK by me! Even my Nittaku-only friends have warmed up to the DHS D40+.

I've just broken my first, they are near bullet-proof! But it can be done!

The more I play with these, the more I like them.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 06 May 2017, 07:46 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I broke one by stepping on it :oops: Actually, only dented it, and it came out in hot water. Unfortunately, I forgot and left in boiling water, and it is now shaped like a curling stone. Tremendous movement on a serve though.

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 21:04 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
oh, i soooo wanted to like these....for all the above reasons...

but i hate them :lol:

you can throw all the advantages that the ball have out of the window bcs, i cant get past the one, for me, big flaw....and that is, there is simple not enough rotation...

even seamless balls have more rotation than this one...it was absurd...the player that i beat easily last season, both wing looper i have lost this time in 5 sets, only bcs of the ball...for ppl that dont know me, i am playing with frictionless anti...when i blocked his heavy spin last season with a different ball, the underspin was so hard he hit his knee lol...and when we played last weak with d40 he missed it alright, but this time it went long over the net bcs he was overcompensating since he expected there was more underspin on it...when he adopted it was all over...he could spin on my anti 5 or 6 times in a row...

and it was not only me...my teammate who is playing with 2 inverted could not win a point from the serve, and he have great serves...

all of that could be that is bcs of my anti i am not liking it...but i also dislike it for my fh...bcs the ball is not spinning enough, when i wanted to attack a heavy underspin with a strong spin, the ball didnt have a trajectory to overcome the net...it was going in a straight line...and if i compensate and hit it higher it went long...

the ball is good only for flat hitters, or for ppl that are looping higher less risky balls... anyone whose game consists around a spin or spin variations is not going to have a fun time with this ball...

i had resold the balls immediately and dont want to see them again :rock:

all above is just my personal opinion and experience with the d40 ball, dont attack me for it pls, i see a lot of ppl like it... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 22:05 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
I've felt the same, although with the 1* balls. But then again, Gionis wins the Croatia Open with these new balls.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 00:41 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
111Iceman111, did you test BTY G40 and Nittaku as well, and if so, where would you put the D40?

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 02:33 
Super User

yes i did...

it is closest to nittaku premium but imo with even less rotation...if you like nittaku premium you can get d40 in 3rd of its price, its practically the same ball...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 05:00 
Super User

Blade: Re-impact Tachi
FH: Palio Thor's
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
I didn't like them at first either, thinking I couldn't generate any spin. But stick with them, I think it's just a question of timing which will come after a couple of sessions.

Blade: Re-Impact Tachi. BH: Grass DTecS (ox, new version) FH: Palio Thor's max

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 14:34 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

111Iceman111 wrote:
oh, i soooo wanted to like these....for all the above reasons...

but i hate them :lol:

you can throw all the advantages that the ball have out of the window bcs, i cant get past the one, for me, big flaw....and that is, there is simple not enough rotation...

even seamless balls have more rotation than this one...it was absurd...the player that i beat easily last season, both wing looper i have lost this time in 5 sets, only bcs of the ball...for ppl that dont know me, i am playing with frictionless anti...when i blocked his heavy spin last season with a different ball, the underspin was so hard he hit his knee lol...and when we played last weak with d40 he missed it alright, but this time it went long over the net bcs he was overcompensating since he expected there was more underspin on it...when he adopted it was all over...he could spin on my anti 5 or 6 times in a row...

and it was not only me...my teammate who is playing with 2 inverted could not win a point from the serve, and he have great serves...

all of that could be that is bcs of my anti i am not liking it...but i also dislike it for my fh...bcs the ball is not spinning enough, when i wanted to attack a heavy underspin with a strong spin, the ball didnt have a trajectory to overcome the net...it was going in a straight line...and if i compensate and hit it higher it went long...

the ball is good only for flat hitters, or for ppl that are looping higher less risky balls... anyone whose game consists around a spin or spin variations is not going to have a fun time with this ball...

i had resold the balls immediately and dont want to see them again :rock:

all above is just my personal opinion and experience with the d40 ball, dont attack me for it pls, i see a lot of ppl like it... :up:

Which 4h rubber do you use?

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 16:23 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Fish wrote:
I didn't like them at first either, thinking I couldn't generate any spin. But stick with them, I think it's just a question of timing which will come after a couple of sessions.

I completely agree with this, it took me a couple of sessions to appreciate them.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 04:21 
Super User

i am using xiom vega china...as sort of alternative to h3n...so in no way a rubber that cannot produce rotation...

and i dont want to get use to them...i could play with them, but them i would have to change my whole game, put SP on bh etc...

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 04:43 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
111Iceman111 wrote:
i am using xiom vega china...as sort of alternative to h3n...so in no way a rubber that cannot produce rotation...

and i dont want to get use to them...i could play with them, but them i would have to change my whole game, put SP on bh etc...

What Fish and so-devo probably mean is that, the longer you play with them, the more spin you'll be able to impart again. Something Liu Guoliang also indicated when it comes to these balls.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 11:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:

Overreacting a bit I think. Two or three sessions and you will be playing exactly the way you always did with all the usual spin. I have to admit, though, that I had mostly been playing with Nittaku Premium before switching to these, so it really was like not changing anything.

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 14:47 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Der_Echte has NEVER hit with the new DHS 40+... so take it for its worth.

Right before the plastic balls hit the market, I went on record as saying that players who rely on heavy spin will STILL be able to generate heavy spin and play a similar style.

I have hit with the three major types, Seamless, seamed, and NP... I can spin them all and still play a game of pressure spin opening. I have preferences for a good seamless, but spin is still there.

I would go out on a limb and say the spin will still be there with the newer DHS 40+. Man I wanted to take a flamethrower and burn every one of the older versions... they played like they had a Mexican jumping bean inside each.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next