OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2016, 09:04 

hey guys.. long time no posting in this forum..

just did a 4 ball program to improve forehand and wide forehand and recovering backhand and then a middle backhand

this sequence it seems to used often in a match so i had to make something that simulates match play.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 09:25 

Blade: Timo Boll ATC
FH: Adidas P5
BH: Adidas P5
I have sort of figured out some of the programming to this robot. However, still a little uncertain how to use correctly the S1 or S2 two functions.

I know as one as a service but I can't figure out for the life of me why you would want two serves in a row in a sequence unless just practicing service return?

Is there a way one can use two separate programmed serves to begin a 4 or 5 ball sequence as a randomly choose S1 or the other(s2) start to a programmed rally of 4 or 5 ball sequence...

That would be cool if you could program a short backspin sidespin serve (say S1) and a short side no spin serve or short topspin sidespin (say as S2) as the beginning of a 3+ ball sequence w random assignment of the serve and then keep the remaining balls as is...
or perhaps program a 4 ball sequence twice and have it choose randomly to play though 1 or 2 of these??

Say I call drill #1 as: S1 (backspin side spin serve to BH) then follow it with usual drills (say long backspin return with ball#2 to BH, then I loop with ball#3 from Amicus being a topspin deep to BH) and #4 ball is again a topspin to wide FH

then do drill #2 with 4 ball sequence with S2 (no spin) then I return with BH flick, #2 ball is topspin back to my BH (I loop ) then #3 is again topspin to BH (I loop again) then #4 is topspin to FH (I loop/smash)

with these latter 2 programmed can I randomly have the robot choose between #1 and #2 drills so I practice randomly returning serves and also playing out points?
Please advise.

Thx

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 21:59 

Blade: Butterfly
FH: Tenergy05
BH: Tenergy05
Hi!

Hope this message comes to the right address ...

Anyway, our table tennis team has new Amicus Advance -robot. I´m trying to figure out how it works. Do somebody know,

- how "Reset"-function works (two buttons in the panel)?
- is it possible to clear a memory place which has allready been programmed?

Thank you in ADVANCE! :) :)

Timo

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017, 11:44 

Blade: Darker Speed 90
FH: Tenergy 05
This is a fairly old post so you've probably figured out how S1 and S2 work on the Amicus Pro. But for other users if you press ball 1 and/or ball 2 twice the light for that ball turns from yellow to green and is now in service mode. This allows the robot to bounce a ball on its side of the net like a regular serve.

There's a built-in 1.5 second delay before S1 or S2 is played in order to simulate a new rally. Now to answer the question: if you have configured S1 and S2 as serves in the same exercise then the robot chooses one of the two serve balls at random and goes directly to ball 3. It will not play two serves in a row as long as you have at least 3 balls in the exercise. For example if you have balls 1 and 2 set as serves and then configure ball 3 and ball 4 the playback sequence will be one of these two options:

1. 1.5s delay, ball 1, ball 3, ball 4
2. 1.5s delay, ball 2, ball 3, ball 4

It will never play ball 1 and then ball 2 if they are both configured as serves (green light).

amkrad1 wrote:
I have sort of figured out some of the programming to this robot. However, still a little uncertain how to use correctly the S1 or S2 two functions.

I know as one as a service but I can't figure out for the life of me why you would want two serves in a row in a sequence unless just practicing service return?

Is there a way one can use two separate programmed serves to begin a 4 or 5 ball sequence as a randomly choose S1 or the other(s2) start to a programmed rally of 4 or 5 ball sequence...

That would be cool if you could program a short backspin sidespin serve (say S1) and a short side no spin serve or short topspin sidespin (say as S2) as the beginning of a 3+ ball sequence w random assignment of the serve and then keep the remaining balls as is...
or perhaps program a 4 ball sequence twice and have it choose randomly to play though 1 or 2 of these??

Say I call drill #1 as: S1 (backspin side spin serve to BH) then follow it with usual drills (say long backspin return with ball#2 to BH, then I loop with ball#3 from Amicus being a topspin deep to BH) and #4 ball is again a topspin to wide FH

then do drill #2 with 4 ball sequence with S2 (no spin) then I return with BH flick, #2 ball is topspin back to my BH (I loop ) then #3 is again topspin to BH (I loop again) then #4 is topspin to FH (I loop/smash)

with these latter 2 programmed can I randomly have the robot choose between #1 and #2 drills so I practice randomly returning serves and also playing out points?
Please advise.

Thx

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 16:56 

Blade: Stiga ALL Classic
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Yasaka Rakza X
New Amicus Professional owner here! Let me start by saying this is a GREAT ROBOT! I previously tried an iPong and owned a Robo-Pong 1050 for a while. Amicus is on a totally new level compared to these.

I had a hard time chosing between the Advanced and a Professional model. I decided to go with the Professional model and I don't regret the decision at all. First, it is not complicated to use. Second, the options are much more versatile and I can already see, that I would have regretted chosing the Advance model. Hope this helps if somebody is having hard time chosing as well. :)

I am using the new Nittaku J-Top training balls, which are superb. I have had only two issues with the robot. First, my Jool Transport table is only 15mm thick, which is too little for the Amicus. I emailed Amicus support and asked the table thickness Amicus is desiged for. They replied 24-32mm and adviced simply to attach a piece of wood under the table to fix the problem, which I did and problem solved. :)

The another issue is attaching the net to the table corners, which have plastic round protectors in my case, which makes it impossible for the net to stay in position. I simply used small construction clamps to keep the net in the corners. Oh and one more thing, the included manual does suck as many have pointed out.

Overall, a fantastic robot and could not be happier with the purchase!

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017, 05:46 

Blade: Timo boll
FH: Tenergy05
BH: Tenergy05
I agree. I bought the advance first but only to return it for the professional model. It's perfect for me. Bad manual so it takes some effort to program it in the beginning. So if you wonder if you should go advance or pro, get pro. Not so much money difference. Also if you are thinking about upgrading, that is expensive it's better buying the right thing right away.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2017, 06:26 

Can someone explain how to program a cluster? The manual is a bit too obscure to me.

PostPosted: 06 May 2017, 10:49 

Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: Tenergy 05 FX
BH: Tenergy 05 FX
Advance owner here.

Wondering how to exit memory mode without unplugging?

Is this what the reset function does? Or does that reset a memory slot?

PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 00:01 

kensdavid wrote:
Advance owner here.

Wondering how to exit memory mode without unplugging?

Is this what the reset function does? Or does that reset a memory slot?

Figured it out. Reset recalibrates the motor head. To exit memory mode, you just use the A button until the light is focused on ball #1.

New problem though, my machine always flashes yellow, as though there is a jammed ball, but the machine is totally clear. I'm only on day 2 and it's already failed me!!! Any ideas of how to clear this up??

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 03:32 

Seems like the motor in the base is broken. Butterfly Europe support passed me over to Butterfly NA... Hope I get this resolved soon, what a disappointing experience so far!

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 03:33 

ybok wrote:
Can someone explain how to program a cluster? The manual is a bit too obscure to me.

Did you get the Basic Advance or Pro?

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2017, 04:03 

I too am wondering whether anyone has figured out how to use the cluster function? I called Butterfly North America, but they did not understand it either.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 06:38 

Quote:
ybok wrote:

Did you get the Basic Advance or Pro?

I have the pro and still have not figured it out. I was hoping I could merge a few of my single routines into a multiple.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 11:23 

I think I discovered most of the details to cluster programming by trial and error and here is what I learned. Corrections are welcome.

Amicus Professional Cluster Programming
1. Display base sequence to be added to cluster.
2. Press Mem. t. to display cluster memory, press -> to select specific cluster.
3. Press and hold Save. Base sequence is added to cluster.

Example for adding base sequences 6 and 8 to cluster C1:
1. Select base sequence 6 using -> button (note only Base LED is lit).
2. Press Mem. t. to display cluster C1. (Note only Clust LED is lit. C1 should be blinking if empty. If not blinking then press and hold Clear until it starts blinking, otherwise the base sequence will be added to whatever is currently in cluster C1.)
3. Press and hold Save until display is blank. When Save is released then 0.0. is displayed and base sequence 6 is saved in cluster C1 slot 0.0.
4. Press Mem. t. until only the Base LED is lit.
5. Select base sequence 8 using -> button.
6. Press Mem. t. to display cluster C1. (It should not be blinking because it has base sequence 6 in cluster slot 0.0.)
7. Press and hold Save until display is blank. When Save is released then 0.1. is displayed and base sequence 8 is saved in cluster C1 slot 0.1. Note that a cluster can hold up to 32 base sequences.
8. Press Mem. t. until C1 is displayed. Press Start to run Cluster C1 which contains base sequences 6 & 8.

Cycle through a cluster to see what it contains:
1. Press Mem. t. to display cluster C1 (Clust. LED is lit.)
2. Press Mem. t. to display 0.0. (Clust and Base LEDS are lit.) This is the first base sequence in cluster C1.
3. Press -> to display 0.1. This is the second base sequence in cluster C1. If the display is blinking then that cluster slot is empty.
4. You can cycle through all 32 cluster slots (0 through 31).

Any slot in a cluster can be deleted without affecting other slots but it seems that the lowest empty slot is used when adding a base sequence to a cluster.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 07:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I have found the perfect addition to my Amicus.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071R ... UTF8&psc=1

Yep it lets you turn it off and on with your phone...I have the nasty habit of leaving mine on...but that shall be no more!

I bought the device for something entirely else but it really works for this issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next