OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 20:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've started a review of Tibhar Aurus Prime & Aurus Select on my reviews blog, for which I received samples from Tibhar. Here are some pictures (click to zoom in):

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 22:44 
Super User

Blade: AfroBro Custom
FH: Rasanter R53
BH: Vega X
Nice!

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 14:17 

Looking forward to Aurus Select if it turns out to be roughly like a V45. The only unique middle ground option among all three brands, and V42 was not bad at all.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 16:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes these are definitely the same technology as the Rasanter and Bluestorm series... which ones they match (if any) willbe hard to know unless one does a one on one comparison. The sponge hardness gives a good indication though which is 47.5deg for Prime and 45deg for Select.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 16:47 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Yes these are definitely the same technology as the Rasanter and Bluestorm series... which ones they match (if any) willbe hard to know unless one does a one on one comparison. The sponge hardness gives a good indication though which is 47.5deg for Prime and 45deg for Select.

Hard to say without comparing the topsheets, but the general interwebs chatter says that Select has a softer topsheet than Prime, so it puts them in the general ballpark of Prime being similar to R47 or Z1 and Select being a theoretical V45 (doesn't exist, but could be a good option for people who want a replacement for Rasant Grip).

Slightly cheaper retail price on these in comparison to Rasanter and Bluestorm, which is always welcome!

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 21:17 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
How are AURUS Prime and Select positioned in relation to the IBHAR Evolution Series.

Is there clear differentiation between them or some overlap like with many Xiom rubbers

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 23:03 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
ChasFox wrote:
How are AURUS Prime and Select positioned in relation to the IBHAR Evolution Series.

Is there clear differentiation between them or some overlap like with many Xiom rubbers

I too was going to ask this and whether they are really bouncy like MX-P or maybe more controllable?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 23:58 
Super User

From the early reports on german forums, Prime/Select, Rasanter and Bluestorm are all closely related. Thinking about Rasanter specifically, there are a lot of differences when compared to something like MX-P. They're more of a continuation of something like MX-S or EL-S - more linear, less catapult, great performance but needs more effort to produce big spin and speed, with the trade-off being that they're easier to use, less jumpy and bouncy.

Have to wait for the review really! Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 03:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ChasFox wrote:

That's exactly the question. Why even bother coming out with another series of rubber when the Evolution series has "something for everyone"? (At least, everyone who wants to loop..) My cynical view is that they're this year's rubber - if Tibhar doesn't come out with new rubbers every year they'll fall behind other companies that do, sales-wise. Gotta keep the pot boiling, even if the new rubbers aren't really all that different from the old ones.

Unless you're Butterfly, of course - Tenergy's proven to be a top seller year after year. They can afford to "slack off", they can even afford to charge top dollar, but even they come out with new stuff like Bryce Speed (or whatever it was called) now and then.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 07:25 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Why is this review in the graveyard?

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 08:18 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Not at all. I've tested them for 1 session, and they're high spin and relatively high throw rubbers. I will post some more details soon.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 20:00 

I also did test them, and found them to be behind compare to evolution series very much so. I used mxp a lot, and a little bit mx-s and el-s. All of them are faster rubbers and with more spin. ONly good thing for the auruses is the better control(cause of less speed, and spin). The good points that i did find was on prime its close/short game is good cause of low throw and next to nothing bounciness and for select the good blocking ability. Overall though they were a disappointment and i doubt these will sell a lot.For me tibhars top of the line rubbers are in the evolution series.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 22:03 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Sounds like a good solid rubber for those who don't want the catapult of the evolutions but still decent spin and speed.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2017, 21:31 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
ooakgfg wrote:
I also did test them, and found them to be behind compare to evolution series very much so. I used mxp a lot, and a little bit mx-s and el-s. All of them are faster rubbers and with more spin. ONly good thing for the auruses is the better control(cause of less speed, and spin). The good points that i did find was on prime its close/short game is good cause of low throw and next to nothing bounciness and for select the good blocking ability. Overall though they were a disappointment and i doubt these will sell a lot.For me tibhars top of the line rubbers are in the evolution series.

Sounds similar to what I am finding with the new Xiom Intro - lowish throw and none of the bounciness of Vega Europe etc.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2017, 01:46 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
ooakgfg wrote:

What balls did you use them with?

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus