OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 21 Jul 2017, 20:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 01:52 

I thought I'd share some of my defensive blades, in case anyone was interested. There isn't a ton of info out there when comparing blade X to blade Y, so I'll consider it my good deed to put these up. If anyone has any questions, I can try to answer them. My playing ability isn't that great, though the general differences and such should be fairly objective - even for an amateur like me!

*Disregard the dusty rubbers... robot practice balls need a good scrubbing!

Not all of my defensive blades are here, but it's a good start:

Victas Koji Original
Victas Koji Defensive
Victas Koji Offensive
Victas Koji Special
Victas Yuto M
Joola Chen Weixing
Joola Chen Defender
Donic Defplay Senso
Donic Shiono Def
Butterfly Innershield ZLF
Butterfly Hadraw Shield
Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
Nittaku Kim Kyung Ah
Nittaku Resist 2
Xiom Aigis

http://imgur.com/a/u7xf4

http://imgur.com/a/67bvj

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 05:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

No Sword 309? :lol: (Just received mine today...)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 06:42 
Super User

Blade: B.Pemula Custom
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Yinhe/Galaxy Neptune
skilless_slapper wrote:
I thought I'd share some of my defensive blades, in case anyone was interested. There isn't a ton of info out there when comparing blade X to blade Y, so I'll consider it my good deed to put these up. If anyone has any questions, I can try to answer them. My playing ability isn't that great, though the general differences and such should be fairly objective - even for an amateur like me!

Victas Koji Original
Victas Koji Defensive
Victas Koji Offensive
Victas Koji Special
Victas Yuto M
Joola Chen Weixing
Joola Chen Defender
Donic Defplay Senso
Donic Shiono Def
Butterfly Hadraw Shield
Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
Nittaku Kim Kyung Ah
Nittaku Resist 2
Xiom Aigis

Aah! Koji Def vs Aigis! Please! :D

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 15:39 

BeGo wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

Victas Koji Original
Victas Koji Defensive
Victas Koji Offensive
Victas Koji Special
Victas Yuto M
Joola Chen Weixing
Joola Chen Defender
Donic Defplay Senso
Donic Shiono Def
Butterfly Hadraw Shield
Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
Nittaku Kim Kyung Ah
Nittaku Resist 2
Xiom Aigis

Aah! Koji Def vs Aigis! Please! :D

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Aigis seems to be faster and a bit more powerful all over. I personally think the koji def is one of the slowest blades on the list. Real thin with those vibrations and flex to it. Very weak feeling when attacking. The aigis seems to be on the faster side of things, still with a bit of flex/vibrations. My aigis is from about 5 years ago or so, but perhaps they've made no changes since then? I think it is closer to the regular koji blade.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017, 09:38 

im more interested on the faster side... so, how does VKM special, VYM, VKMO, JSH compare? dont know about the rest of them, but are these the fastest ones?
is Victas Yuto really a lighter JSH?
thanks!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017, 16:02 

mutuz wrote:
im more interested on the faster side... so, how does VKM special, VYM, VKMO, JSH compare? dont know about the rest of them, but are these the fastest ones?
is Victas Yuto really a lighter JSH?
thanks!

The koji special is the slowest of that bunch. Has a real muted feel without the crisp sensation of the VKMO or JSH.

JSH is the fastest of all those, with probably the yuto and koji offensive coming in 2nd place. The yuto and KMO are very similar. I've hard people say yuto is faster, and others say the VKMO is faster! So perhaps it depends on the actual blade you get (weight etc.), but suffice it to say, they easily replace one another - you might like the "feel" of one over the other.

I play double inverted mainly now, so the JSH is basically disqualified on the basis of weighing more than a well-fed pig! The yuto is fairly hard and stiff for a defensive blade, yeah. It's in the same vein as the joo, but you can figure what a lighter weight will add/take away if you've played with a number of blades. I think the yuto is just a bit too fast for my style, and still side with the koji special. When attacking a lot, I do feel the lack of power in comparison though the more I use the special. I know in my earlier review of the blades I didn't sense a big disparity between the VKMO and koji special. However, the differences have come out over time and there is a noticeable drop in speed going down to the koji special. As when playing weaker players, I will often grab the Yuto or VKMO for added oomph.

Speed:

1. Joo
2. yuto / vkmo
|
|
Distant 3rd . special