OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Training rubber
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017, 18:09 

darucla wrote:
I've used 729 Super FX on a Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (a bit faster than your blade), and you may want to consider it for your forehand. It's a tackier rubber, and seems quite good for looping. Or you could go for H3, but it may be a little more demanding on technique.
:)
[/quote]

Thanks, noted :)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 14:29 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Iskandar, I put this in this thread as I knew you would have a look.

I believe you have the Reactor DJ200 blade. How does it play?

This handle (German colours) is one of the best I've seen along with the Donic Crest series, do you happen to have this one. A bit hit and miss if order.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... d745IEbskf

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 14:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It's sort of like a N11, perhaps a tad slower. Nice crisp hit, probably a little fast for chopping (like N11). Smaller head size, too. Mine have blue handles like this one:

I've been wondering how one interprets the graphics on the front of the blade - they list the different speeds but don't indicate the speed of the blade itself.. :lol:

There also seems to be one with newer graphics (called a DJ200):

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 14:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Didn't last very long. I first put MX-P on my blade at the beginning of the first week of July. It is now the second week of August and it's DEAD!!!! :lol: This last weekend I compared it to the other bat (which had Tin Arc on it, the Tin Arc had been Wendied about two weeks previously.. and the MX-P is definitely dead. Hard to get much speed on loops. Time to peel it off and see if it has indeed shrunk, and by how much. Then it goes into the Boosting Tank for a few days... :lol:

Wendy's really does work... :lol: Haven't decided whether to use Seamoon or Falco this time - since it is a "European" (er, Japanese?) rubber, perhaps I should use European booster.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 14:53 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
iskandar taib wrote:
Didn't last very long. I first put MX-P on my blade at the beginning of the first week of July. It is now the second week of August and it's DEAD!!!!

I'm not doubting you.....well I guess I sort of am, but I find it hard to believe that in just 6 weeks that rubber has gone dead. How much have you used it? Surely if it really was that noticeable there would be complaints all over the internet. Was it stock when you put in on ie straight out the packet, or did you boost it prior?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 15:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
We have many people using this rubber in our competition, and they're regarded as very durable compared to similar high-end rubbers. Sure, they lose something over time, all rubbers do, but I've never heard them going 'dead' within such a short period.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 15:46 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Cobalt wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
Didn't last very long. I first put MX-P on my blade at the beginning of the first week of July. It is now the second week of August and it's DEAD!!!!

I'm not doubting you.....well I guess I sort of am, but I find it hard to believe that in just 6 weeks that rubber has gone dead. How much have you used it? Surely if it really was that noticeable there would be complaints all over the internet. Was it stock when you put in on ie straight out the packet, or did you boost it prior?

A fair amount. About 4-6 hours of play each weekend, and then when I went to Chiangmai, some really intensity counter looping against players much better than myself, about 6-8 hours over 3 or so visits to the club. Maybe 30-33 hours more or less. It's still grippy, but it's definitely slower than the Tin Arc. Yup, it was straight from the packet to the blade (no boosting). I wanted to find out what it was like, after all. Well, I did weigh, measure and scan it.. :lol:

Aren't people saying Tenergy and Tensors "lose the glue effect" after about a month? Time to soak it in the goat milk...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 18:23 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It shrank, in any case..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 23:42 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
I have always seen that if I don't roll out the rubber in all the directions, up-down, left-right and slanted along the edge then I end up with uneven expansion or shrinkage of the rubber sheet when I pull it off the blade.

Most noticeably with higher the price of the rubber and the more it shrinks ! :-P

Also Sanwei Target National has started to lose its consistency :-P So in next 1 - 2 months I am going to go back to my Rising Dragon sheets or get another set of Shining Dragons :-D

Target rubber is still damn tacky but its reacting weirdly when looping. Like first loop the rubber grabs the ball and you FEEL the gentle bite and heavy acceleration. 2nd loop the ball slides off the rubber ! :o like WTF ! This is some :swear: expensive rubber ! Albeit I did get swindled for paying a little over the top. But compared to 729 FX or other cheap stuff... this rubber ... not reliable ! :/ Same session using the main blade with Shining Dragon. Looping like a dream ! :swear: :lol: So I had compared and I am pretty sure it is something happening to the Target rubber's properties.

It is possible Sanwei Target National is a super-heavy ( weight wise and price wise as well :rofl: ) boosted rubber. So it works for the first 1 month or 2 and then bye-bye consistency ? Can someone check in with their experience with this rubber ? Am I really imagining problems ?

STN --> high speed + high spin + high control ( 1 - 2 months of play ) --< super heavy, little pricey, durability?>--- is it still same after 3 months?

I think I saw something like this with DHS TG2 Neo sheet ... after 2 - 3 months ... 4th month the rubber is gone to hell despite no visible signs. TG2N is still pretty decent for its price, and not like STN in some ways.

I also need to start working on my FH top-spin stroke ! :-/ I need to start learning to do that Brett Clarke thingy ... whipping the entire arm around the torso. Stage by stage start putting in more twisty, more snappy, more wristy and finally more power-drive and see how quickly I can get the consistency up.

I'm pretty comfortable playing against "dead"-rubber opponents, pips-out ( LP and SP either OX or sponge ) and Anti-Spin players.

Now the real challenge is making quality returns against really high level players so that my returns aren't popping up too high or I'm not ending up blocking too passively or not moving around at all.

Training rubbers like 729 SuperFX and 729-2 seems to be the only cheap stuff that has at least reasonable consistency especially after boosting. 729-5 is fine for Euro-style players but not for me though.

Palio rubbers I haven't tried it out yet. I have a Red/Black pair of Palio Thors :lol: not sure WHEN I will try it out. But for now I am not going to use it until I am sure I have progressed some levels in my game.

Any suggestions if there is any other DHS or Yinhe or Haifu or 729/LKT or some cheap Chinese tacky rubber that just WORKS after boosting ? Like less quality problems, more feel and effect of expensive rubbers ?

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 18:56 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
iskandar taib wrote:
Aren't people saying Tenergy and Tensors "lose the glue effect" after about a month? Time to soak it in the goat milk...

Iskandar

And...after a few weeks? I never liked the smell of speed glue and I'm not sure that aged goats milk would be much of an improvement. ;)

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 23:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

These newfangled "glue effect", "factory boosted" rubbers smell nothing like old-style speed glue, thank goodness. Neither do modern boosters (which seem to be oils of some sort), nor do the rubbers smell like the boosters. None​ smell pleasant, though they don't really smell terribly unpleasant either.

As for the connection between rolling and shrinking.. I've never had Chinese sheets shrink like this, either.. not even the "tunned" ones. If I boost them and attach them while expanded, then trim off the excess, then yes, they shrink after the booster wears off.

Had a look at the MX-P in the tuning box just now.. nicely domed up. Wonder how long it will take for the dome to subside.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2017, 04:47 
Super User

Just now took off the Sanwei Target National from my BB7 blade and boosted it with 2 layers of Falco booster. Just waited 1 hour for the booster to soak in and once there was enough dome, put some WBG and stuck it back on the blade.

Gotta try it out over next week and see how it behaves. Hopefully not uncontrollably or weirdly :-)

I'm just not seeing any big benefits with boosting H3 Neo or H3-50 or Skyline TG2 ( original) or Skyline TG3-60. Only the 729 rubbers like 729-2 or 729-SuperFX seem to behave drastically differently.

So after the end of this year, next year I am planning to go the Yinhe Earth / Moon / Sun route try those out without and with boosters.

IF I do improve exponentially on my FH stroke and get my consistency near 60 or 70% then maybe I will go back and try out my Omega V Tour or Rakza7 / Rakza9 rubbers.

Perhaps I will try out Iskandar's recommendations on that Drunken Dragon or Wildish Dragon rubbers.

This year I transitioned from Yasaka Rising Dragon -> Yasaka Shining Dragon without injuries and getting really happy with the YSD. Main setup will be TSP Versal with YSD Max black+red.

YRD DOESN'T BOOST AT ALL. PERFECT FOR CLEAN COMPETITIONS ! So if you want to force players to play clean TT tournament with no cheating by boosting possible. Just enforce that EVERY player MUST USE YRD as the only rubber or OX Pips :lol: . Any blade of the players choice can be used.

I haven't boosted the YSD yet :-) Maybe after 1 year it might be time to try that but for now the main setup is once again safe from the EJ infection :-D :lol: :rofl:

Update: STN boosted feels very soft. And I didn't even use more than 2 layers! Also the throw-angle is gone up too much. BB7 is too hard for the boosted rubber. So too many balls are flying too high and too long. If I close on the loops, it horribly drops to a very low trajectory either clipping the net or just too fast into the net.

I think STN won't work on hard blades. It needs a flexible blade and medium hard outer-plies. Before boosting the speed and spin had very good control. Now it's faster and spinnier but the control is totally gone. So STN is no good for me boosted becos of the loss of control.

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

Last edited by man_iii on 27 Sep 2017, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2017, 23:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Good luck with the exponential improvement... :lol: You might achieve it through coaching and practice, I doubt it will come through rubber.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2017, 14:05 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Good luck with the exponential improvement... :lol: You might achieve it through coaching and practice, I doubt it will come through rubber.

Iskandar
Got injured doing too much topspins :-( it hurts when I twist or bend and straighten up. Right side back under the ribcage. I dunno how long I have to rest it. :-P

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2017, 19:15 
Super User

Im back to Yasaka Rakza rubbers now :-D Shining Dragon is now boosted, I had to do it simply because the rubber was lifting at the edges. YSD is a Chinese rubber. It got reverse-dome like anything making the rubber develop gaps underneath. I couldn't re-glue it simply because it wouldn't stay on. So ended up with 2 layers of Falco Tempo over 48 hours later, rubbers were flat, reglued that and it plays somewhat faster. No change in boosted YSD throw-angle or change in spin.

I have been resting myself more due to side/oblique muscle pull injury and got to a point where I feel very confident to play FH top-spin loops. Hence my switch over to RakzaX and YRD. Rakza9 is now on my TSP Versal blade. YSD is on my BB7.0 backup blade. RX and YRD are on my primary Stag Balsa Koto blade. STN (Sanwei Target National) on my backup backup BB7.0 blade :lol:

I have a 729 Bomb blade that is just sitting there without a Black rubber on it and with a Red Tibhar 5Q Sound on it. Dunno what to put on that yet.

I am just glad I haven't fatally injured myself with a back injury or shoulder injury. My tennis elbow and golf elbow have never recurred since I switched to Balsa blades completely. ( I used to use a DHS PowerG-9 like 93 grams ? and with rubbers would be 170 - 180 grams or so ) My current setup all come under 160 grams even with the heavier rubbers.

Yinhe Earth and Sun/Moon seem to be typical Chinese tacky rubbers not too unusual. I will probably try these out next year.

Other rubbers like TSP / Nittaku all seem a bit expensive to use for training and practice.

Palio I don't have much interest simply due to quality issues.

Euro rubbers are always too expensive. :lol: I wonder what cheap brands would be interesting to try out next ? Any suggestions please ? :-) Also if you know if quality is poor or inconsistent or shipping takes long etc it would help a lot.

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!