OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2017, 22:53 

Blade: Cornilleau Gatien Crown
FH: Joola Golden Tango PS 2.0
BH: Hallmark Tactics OX
Our long pimple-out rubber SpinLord Strahlkraft is quite different from other rubbers.
A new Polymer has been added to the rubber compound which makes the rubber slower, more tacky, more elastic and even more dangerous.
Also the shape of the pimples is new. The pimples have a very large slope at the bottom, but otherwise are straight. The pimple tops are flat and slightly sticky.
Strahlkraft is our suggestion for advanced players who prefer a modern very versatile style of defending. This rubber can be played most effective close to the table, but you can do so much more with it then just blocking and chopping. Strahlkraft is not easy to control, but it can create much more different kinds of rotation then other rubbers.
Strahlkraft will not only totally confuse your opponent, but also enables a spectacular new style of playing. The future of table-tennis begins now!
Speed: 3.5 Control: 4.5 Deception: 10
What can you say about this rubber?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 03:12 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Interesting. Says it's available in July. I wonder why "more tacky" and "slightly sticky" is good for close-to-the-table blocking. You'd think that would minimize reversal. I guess we'll see ....

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 06:42 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
not if you chop block it, i would say...than it is preferable to be tacky so you can add more rotation to the incoming spin...ihmo...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 09:16 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Interesting. Says it's available in July.

I think that's about to be revised and delayed for a while, due to some production issues.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 01:12 

Blade: Galaxy 986
FH: Palio CK513A
BH: Tibhar Evo MX-S
Just ordered some in Ox and 1.0 mm. Can't wait.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2017, 21:41 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

BrisbaneBased wrote:

Have you tried it yet?

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 11:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
BrisbaneBased wrote:

Tried it yet?

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2017, 17:44 

??
Very curious

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2017, 09:11 

I got to play three hours today with Strahlkraft Ox Red. Rarely does one want to put too much faith in the hyped up language of marketing. However, I find the description to be very accurate except for one point I will mention later. Like that the red Ox is not transparent and it covers lettering on the blade well (I am using TSP 8.5 carbon balsa now for 5 years. It is OFF + blade). It is slightly tacky and seems elastic and dangerous. I was worried it was more like a hitting LP like TSP Curl P1-R before I tested it. It does hit and I could use a loop like stroke with it on the forehand with little adjustment. Because I use such a fast blade I could not determine if the Strahlkraft was slower than the Talon that has been my main LP for about 4 years. I am not much of a chopper but was able to force the ball into the net by the opponent usually on their attempt to return my second chopped hit. I was surprised at the amount of spin reversal I could generate. The rubber bounces very low (similar if not lower than GD Talon National Team OX). Vertical, diagonal and horizontal brushing of the ball was a breeze. It seems easy to change rotation (or dead balls) at will. I personally disagree with the marketing that states, "Strahlkraft is not easy to control" I found it very easy. Actually, I was amazed! Easier to control from the get-go than Pogo or Easy P. I spent a year before I felt comfortable with my control of Talon OX. This rubber seems to do it all. They rate it 10 for disruption...maybe 11 is more like it. I eagerly await reviews from other forum members. I will try it out against many member of the Chattanooga, TN USA club this Saturday.

USATT Rating: 1682

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2017, 22:29 

Can anyone compare it to Dornenglanz?

Andro HD 2,0
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2017, 02:37 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

gdogg1 wrote:
I got to play three hours today with Strahlkraft Ox Red. Rarely does one want to put too much faith in the hyped up language of marketing. However, I find the description to be very accurate except for one point I will mention later. Like that the red Ox is not transparent and it covers lettering on the blade well (I am using TSP 8.5 carbon balsa now for 5 years. It is OFF + blade). It is slightly tacky and seems elastic and dangerous. I was worried it was more like a hitting LP like TSP Curl P1-R before I tested it. It does hit and I could use a loop like stroke with it on the forehand with little adjustment. Because I use such a fast blade I could not determine if the Strahlkraft was slower than the Talon that has been my main LP for about 4 years. I am not much of a chopper but was able to force the ball into the net by the opponent usually on their attempt to return my second chopped hit. I was surprised at the amount of spin reversal I could generate. The rubber bounces very low (similar if not lower than GD Talon National Team OX). Vertical, diagonal and horizontal brushing of the ball was a breeze. It seems easy to change rotation (or dead balls) at will. I personally disagree with the marketing that states, "Strahlkraft is not easy to control" I found it very easy. Actually, I was amazed! Easier to control from the get-go than Pogo or Easy P. I spent a year before I felt comfortable with my control of Talon OX. This rubber seems to do it all. They rate it 10 for disruption...maybe 11 is more like it. I eagerly await reviews from other forum members. I will try it out against many member of the Chattanooga, TN USA club this Saturday.

Did you try pure passive blocking with it? It is advertised as tacky, which should make ACTIVE blocking (i.e., chop-blocking) very effective but PASSIVE blocking not very effective (meaning, low reversal and potential pop-ups on high-spin loops), whereas GD Talon is very good for passive blocking. What you think?

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 09:33 

Passive blocking is a little less effective than GD Talon OX from my first few hours of practice. I had to adjust racket angle(less opened) to be able to get a good return as the ball had a tendency to pop up. Need more practice. The ball can be picked up and held over one second on the label/brand name section of the rubber. I could occasionally pick up the ball with the pips for a fraction of a second. Wonder how this will be after hours of play? I was able to punch block with a slight upward wrist motion very effectively from the BH. This seems to be a different sort of LP. It hits like crazy with disruption. Second chops usually go into the net by the opponent. Seems to hit like a Dawei 388 D-1 OX on a fast blade. I am pulling out a slower blade I have not used in 9 years.. a Firewall + ( ALL+) to see how the Strahlkraft responds. It seemed to have somewhat less spin reversal on passive blocking than GD Talon OX..but not that much less. Of note was that the amount of reversal seemed to be of differing speeds with basically the same hit. More practice needed here to. I will also compare to Dornenglanz in the near future.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 09:12 

I found Strahlkraft to be a bit slower on most shots made in a more passive mode than Dornenglanz. Also, Strahlkraft OX seems very insensitive to spin more so than GD Talon OX with Dornenglanz coming in third. Note that I do not generally push service return but rather attack with the LP. Tomorrow I will hit with the Firewall + with Shrahlkraft OX.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2017, 01:59 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

If there's anyone who can speak German and can translate the general gist of this, I'd be grateful:

Just from watching the video, it seems consistent with my guess that the rubber isn't that good for passive blocking (ball seems to pop up), but much better for chop-blocking and other active strokes.

Also, this guy is always super-skilled with LP, and I think he was making a much higher number of errors than usual with this rubber, so either he was having an off day or else Spinlord's warning that the rubber is for advanced players and not the easiest to control is true.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 07:29 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Has anyone else tried this rubber? Any impressions? I noticed that both in this forum and in German and French forums, threads devoted to it seems to have died down some months ago, so I wonder if that means people tried it and didn't find it to their liking.