OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: JOOLA CWX long pimple
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 20:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I had not heard anything about this new rubber till now:

To be a successful defender nowadays it is extremely important to constantly refine all playing components. Cutting defence from half distance is not the only priority any more. Moreover, a defensive player has to be flexible. This requires pimple rubbers that enable such playing characteristics.
Therefore our goal was to develop a long pimple rubber, together with our longterm partner defending ace Chen Weixing, that meets all the requirements of modern defensive play. The result of these efforts is the JOOLA CWX.
The pink coloured (50°) sponge with integrated Tensor technology offers enormous opportunities for undercut strokes away from the table, whilst retaining control for disturbing shots close to the table due to the sponge hardness and flat trajectory. The grippy micro structure of the pimple heads and the flexibility of the narrow pimples also allows extreme chop defence with maximum control.

black, red, OX, 0.5, 0.9mm
Additional Information
Strategy DEF- / DEF ex.
Speed low/medium
Spin extra high
Control extra high
Hardness 50

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 22:10 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
Its a tensor, so its not a p1r clone.

Maybe a dtechs variant?

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017, 04:56 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Any more news on this rubber? Is it for sale yet? Don't see it on any websites

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017, 06:12 
Super User

Blade: VKMO (FL)
FH: Gambler Volt-T black
BH: TSP Spectol Blue 1.5 red
I don't understand what the putative benefits of a tensor LP rubber are.

Currently experimenting with short pips:
VKMO+ Gambler Volt-T + TSP Spectol Blue (1.5)
Joola CWX + Nittaku Hurricane III Pro Turbo Orange + Spinlord Gepard (1.8 )

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017, 12:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hee hee hee...

You mean like this one?

http://www.andro.de/home-en/rubbers/ras ... t-2-en-gb/

I've always found the fact that you can get it WITHOUT the (in)famous green sponge highly amusing.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2017, 01:34 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Here is our german review of the CWX:

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 20:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Can you give a very brief summary of what it's like?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 04:44 

I play with CWX 0.5 red. What can i say? Low throw angle (i compare to p1r 1.0 and Dtecs 1.2), nice reversal, a bit less then p1r, similar to Dtecs, but nearer to the table. Nice deception, better than p1r, similar to DTecs. I'd say it's LP very similar to DTecs, due to tensor sponge, very long pimples (probably 1.8/1.9mm) and widely placed. Speed isn't so high, i can easily control this LP next to table because isn't sensitive to spin, chop-blocks are dangerous and like to slow down just before opponent's blade ;) As I wrote in other topic, I want to check this LP with stiff, faster blade (something like off-) but i'm a bit afraid it will be too fast because i've never played LP with faster blade than ALL ;)

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2018, 08:39 
Super User

Anymore news on this rubber?

Sounds like it's closer to low friction LP than something grippy like FL3 or curl p4?

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2018, 14:06 
Super User

When and bought this myself...

I don't think it's much like d.tecs. I found d.tecs was much closer to joola badman reloaded (low friction pips, good for blocking close).

The CWX lp (in OX) is less grippy than curl p4 in OX, and a bit more closer to feint long 2. When blocking heavy top spins it requires a very closed angle, and the resulting ball has minimal backspin on it. Not good for relying on spin reversal! It has a good amount of funk to the balls, but not pure reversal style.

Chopping -- yes, yes! That is where it shines! It has enough grip to bring about a small amount of spin variations. You can chop dead or really rake under the ball, bend those pips with a fine slicing of the ball and return a ball which will roll back into the net. Against no spin, it has enough friction to control the ball, but far from the amount required to really alter the spin beyond a weak chop if off the table. Over the table... I don't think much spin can be imparted. You really need that raking action to bend the pips, similar to other high friction long pips (octopus, p4, fl3, etc.).

Not as forgiving like d.tecs / badman reloaded is when it comes to chopping. You still need those full, active strokes to really bring about the rubber's potential. Half-assed chops, as you can do with badman or d.tecs, will get you nowhere here other than a floating return! The grip is slightly too high, and so the spin will be stopped somewhat as it were, not reversed much at all.

I'd put it in the same category as feint long 2 or perhaps even tsp curl p3/p3r. It lacks the spin of something like feint long 3 or curl p4, where you can play more traditional strokes and have the ball land on the table. If you try using those techniques, the ball will pop up closer to what d.tecs would do. It doesn't have enough spin to bring the ball down by itself, so you need to hit a little more directly into the ball.

It's close to half-way between feint long 3 and d.tecs. Not enough grip to play like FL3 and too much grip to play strokes/blocks like d.tecs.

***updated a bit

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2021, 15:26 
Super User

Any review?

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2023, 18:31 

I’ve been playing with this for a little while now in 0.5 and have to say it’s a terrific rubber. I’m coming from DTecs and the CWX suits my defensive game much better.

Chop is easy and gives good spin. Loads up more on each return.

Control is superb. Even with the tensor sponge it’s not that fast. Certainly slower that DTecs.

Hitting is very easy either flicking or driving. You can even forehand loop to an extent.

The funk is there, especially when you add some side spin into the rally.

Chop blocking isn’t something I do but I did try it and it seemed pretty handy in drawing errors.

Passive play moving the ball around the table is good. Low throw and the ball doesn’t jump off the pimples so placement is easy.

Close to table blocking. It’s ok but if that’s your game then this won’t be the best for you. Occasional blocks and it works fine and you do get some limited reversal.

Here are the two stand out features for me…

Pushing. Push against back spin gives a low throw float ball. This is very effective at drawing either an error or a high return.

Technique. You hardly have to alter your shot at all from the inverted side. Which means that consistency is up and twiddling is way easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More Classic than Modern Defender

PostPosted: 17 May 2023, 03:02 

Konkrete wrote:
I’ve been playing with this for a little while now in 0.5 and have to say it’s a terrific rubber. I’m coming from DTecs and the CWX suits my defensive game much better.

Chop is easy and gives good spin. Loads up more on each return.

Control is superb. Even with the tensor sponge it’s not that fast. Certainly slower that DTecs.

Hitting is very easy either flicking or driving. You can even forehand loop to an extent.

The funk is there, especially when you add some side spin into the rally.

Chop blocking isn’t something I do but I did try it and it seemed pretty handy in drawing errors.

Passive play moving the ball around the table is good. Low throw and the ball doesn’t jump off the pimples so placement is easy.

Close to table blocking. It’s ok but if that’s your game then this won’t be the best for you. Occasional blocks and it works fine and you do get some limited reversal.

Here are the two stand out features for me…

Pushing. Push against back spin gives a low throw float ball. This is very effective at drawing either an error or a high return.

Technique. You hardly have to alter your shot at all from the inverted side. Which means that consistency is up and twiddling is way easier.

Another few months on and a quick update at the end of the season… I won’t be changing this rubber anytime soon.

As a defender (not a close to the table blocker), if you’re caught in the never ending EJ circle of Feint, P1r, and DTecs then give this a try.

More Classic than Modern Defender

PostPosted: 17 May 2023, 19:26 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Thanks for the update! I've been experimenting with it lately too. Trying the 0.5mm, the 0.9mm and comparing it to D.tecs.

Unfortunately, my table time is at an all time low so I haven't had a chance to fully evaluate it yet!

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!