OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 568  Next
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2017, 09:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 45
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: DHS Hurricane 8-80
I filmed this at the end of the practice when I was just randomly fooling around with different angles, spins and motions. I thought that I had some feeling for whip on the straight backspin serve. So I wanted to see what was going to happen if I add sidespin to it. That is why the serve looks the way it looks :) Looking forward to DTT12.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2017, 09:30 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Breaking news! I have switched to using a reverse pendulum as my main serve. I think my backspin serve has made me fat and lazy.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2017, 10:09 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
NextLevel wrote:
Breaking news! I have switched to using a reverse pendulum as my main serve. I think my backspin serve has made me fat and lazy.
What's your typical play with this? Where do you serve? What do you get in return? What do you do with the 3rd ball?

I'm interested in serve/ 3rd ball patterns and tactics at the moment.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2017, 21:39 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Cobalt wrote:
NextLevel wrote:
What's your typical play with this? Where do you serve? What do you get in return? What do you do with the 3rd ball?

I wish I was that deep. I just try to do a quality serve and gain the experience to play behind it.

I know everyone has been watching ERT videos but for me, it usually comes down to what my opponent is not returning well. That said, I think that my reverse serves are not as spinny as my pendulum or punch serves but I think that is a good thing. They are still spinny and low bouncing and the contrast will help a lot in matches I think. The reverse serve is also not easy to serve if you don't do it on a regular basis.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2017, 22:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Do most of your opponents try to flick your reverse serves? That would be a major change in the pattern since I don't see many people flicking your straight backspin.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 01:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NextLevel wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
NextLevel wrote:

I wish I was that deep. I just try to do a quality serve and gain the experience to play behind it.

I know everyone has been watching ERT videos but for me, it usually comes down to what my opponent is not returning well. That said, I think that my reverse serves are not as spinny as my pendulum or punch serves but I think that is a good thing. They are still spinny and low bouncing and the contrast will help a lot in matches I think. The reverse serve is also not easy to serve if you don't do it on a regular basis.

It does seem like the reverse does always bounce low. Sounds like you've found another way to get the easy ball. Against some people it's okay if they flick...as long as it isn't a strong flick. Getting that slow spinny high ball is just fine. The heavy fast flick to the corner or shoulder is not.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 10:05 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

A premature but expected congrats to Big D who should be breaking 2000 at some point this week after some spectacular performances at the NJTTC giant round robin today. Big D had heavy spin saying "who below 2000 plays a shot like that?!?!" Forum members who know Big D and have played him as well as those who have seen me lose to him for the better part of 2 years know that Big D was just procrastinating as usual.

Congrats again. And if this is truly premature, there is always September... lol.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 10:23 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
NextLevel wrote:
A premature but expected congrats to Big D who should be breaking 2000 at some point this week after some spectacular performances at the NJTTC giant round robin today. Big D had heavy spin saying "who below 2000 plays a shot like that?!?!" Forum members who know Big D and have played him as well as those who have seen me lose to him for the better part of 2 years know that Big D was just procrastinating as usual.

Congrats again. And if this is truly premature, there is always September... lol.

Hope you don't jinx it... :P

Always nice to read about forum members breaking the 2000 barrier (or its non-US equivalent).

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 10:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

LTT78 and DTT12 are now available on ttEDGE.com

LTT78 is about making Ben's backhand more like a whip serve. DTT12 will teach you, the hard way, to serve short when it counts.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 10:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NextLevel wrote:

You have a good understanding of the serve and I think it will add a new dimension to your game. You'll get more returns to your FH, so be ready.

I've personally never used the reverse pendulum as my main serve as I lacked control and guts. I always knew I'd take a hit on my results, so I played it safe.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 10:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

pgpg wrote:
NextLevel wrote:

Hope you don't jinx it... :P

Always nice to read about forum members breaking the 2000 barrier (or its non-US equivalent).

Great stuff Dan!

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 13:10 

Thanks a lot everyone.
Especially to Nl and brett who've helped me so much with everything. Im actually winning points on my serves now :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 13:17 

These 3 (last 3) points sum up the day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QLEBtM7wxU (25.58)

My favorite moment off all my tt life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLn4ItdxmZ4 (19.47)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 13:53 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Brett Clarke wrote:

LTT78 is about making Ben's backhand more like a whip serve. DTT12 will teach you, the hard way, to serve short when it counts.

Looks like you came to the Chinese backhand...

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 15:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NextLevel wrote:
Brett Clarke wrote:

Looks like you came to the Chinese backhand...

After months of messing around with the stroke because of inconsistencies, this was the conclusion I came to. Take a look at Henzell's backhand from close range in LTT50. His forearm isn't really going past his elbow. Ben needs a bigger backswing imo and more wrist snap than forearm movement. I'm not sure if you call this a Chinese backhand or what, but that was the conclusion I can to after trying a lot of stuff. BTW, if Ben did actually have FZD's backhand, I wouldn't be unhappy. His backswing is still nowhere near big enough in LTT78.

Here is a real backswing against block

Attachment:
FZD against block.JPG
FZD against block.JPG [ 23.77 KiB | Viewed 2076 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 568  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!