OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 02:54 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
According to info from their facebook profile, this seems like a more offensive anti-rubber, perhaps like Neubauer's Power Attack, or could it be more like Stiga Energy Absorber? Does anyone know anything about it?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 12:27 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Not heard anything about it, but seems to be the standard magic best of all worlds rubber :lol:

Low friction for deadly blocks but enough for lethal attacks!

I wonder if it will be disc-like similar to transformer or more of the rubbery sort of anti

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 15:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
skilless_slapper wrote:
Not heard anything about it, but seems to be the standard magic best of all worlds rubber :lol:

Low friction for deadly blocks but enough for lethal attacks!

I wonder if it will be disc-like similar to transformer or more of the rubbery sort of anti

They also have the Master Anti... wonder how they differ...

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 18:23 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
its not a slick anti. it supposedly is meant for attacking and blocking.

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 22:45 

AA wrote:
its not a slick anti. it supposedly is meant for attacking and blocking.

I have so many questions...:)
If it`s not slick what are the biggest differences in play?
Does it has soft rubber?
Thicker sponge will be faster ? Opposite to slick anti?

It`s impossible to find anything about that rubber or video.
Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 06:47 
Super User

its a rather hard classic anti and rather fast. it has a small bit of grip, so you can attack with it and its very insensitive to spin. its definitely not like neubauers power attack, as that one is closer to frictionless antis. the main idea is that you are not only able to block loops but also can attack them swiftly. it also can be used as an efficient forehand rubber so its also an alternative to players who usually play short pimples or medium pimples.

video is being released in the next few days..

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 23:26 
Super User

update: here is the video (scroll down)

https://der-materialspezialist.com/Bela ... ::122.html

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 15:06 
Super User

AA wrote:

Is the rubber disc like (similar to transformer)? Or can you remove it and replace it on other blades fairly easily? Without the risk of it 'creasing' and being ruined?

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2017, 01:20 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:
AA wrote:

Is the rubber disc like (similar to transformer)? Or can you remove it and replace it on other blades fairly easily? Without the risk of it 'creasing' and being ruined?

it can be removed easily

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2017, 06:21 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
Hi Amir,

I appreciate your comments that you shared above - makes it much easier to make informed decisions.
Could you also briefly elaborate on how the Anti-Speed feels on some other strokes too, that were not covered in the video, such as:
- serve return: I assume fairly easy to flick, but how about the pushes - does it still maintain anti characteristics when you push the ball or produce wobble effect when push against side-spin serves?
- counter topspin: or would you simply hit back flat even when a bit far from the table, or can it impart deceptive topspins, i.e. non-spinny but controlled and trajectory like topspin?
- chop: does it have good control to chop comfortably away from the table, like a standard anti, or too fast for that?
- chop blocks: would there be any backspin left on the ball? Easy to keep short?

Many thanks~

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2017, 16:53 
Super User

univesse wrote:
Hi Amir,

I appreciate your comments that you shared above - makes it much easier to make informed decisions.
Could you also briefly elaborate on how the Anti-Speed feels on some other strokes too, that were not covered in the video, such as:
- serve return: I assume fairly easy to flick, but how about the pushes - does it still maintain anti characteristics when you push the ball or produce wobble effect when push against side-spin serves?
yes, rather easy to flick...it still maintains anti chracteristics as the rubber as such is a normal anti (the topsheet)...what makes it Special is the sponge which makes it more suitable for offensive play
- counter topspin: or would you simply hit back flat even when a bit far from the table, or can it impart deceptive topspins, i.e. non-spinny but controlled and trajectory like topspin?in theory you could Play a psyeudo topspin, as shown in the Video it however is better to perform Counter hits and dur to the Speed you can Counter back away from the table
- chop: does it have good control to chop comfortably away from the table, like a standard anti, or too fast for that?
i would say it might be possible with a thinner sponge, ist too fast in 2.0. so i really cant say
- chop blocks: would there be any backspin left on the ball? Easy to keep short?
due to the Speed it is more able to put the Opponent under pressure than making short blocks...i didnt try chop blocking with it, normal blocks deliver dead no spin balls

Many thanks~

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2017, 23:03 

AA wrote:
univesse wrote:
Hi Amir,

yes, rather easy to flick...it still maintains anti chracteristics as the rubber as such is a normal anti (the topsheet)...what makes it Special is the sponge which makes it more suitable for offensive play
- counter topspin: or would you simply hit back flat even when a bit far from the table, or can it impart deceptive topspins, i.e. non-spinny but controlled and trajectory like topspin?in theory you could Play a psyeudo topspin, as shown in the Video it however is better to perform Counter hits and dur to the Speed you can Counter back away from the table
i would say it might be possible with a thinner sponge, ist too fast in 2.0. so i really cant say
due to the Speed it is more able to put the Opponent under pressure than making short blocks...i didnt try chop blocking with it, normal blocks deliver dead no spin balls

Many thanks~

Thank you so much for the quick response - I am getting one to try.
What makes me most excited is, it looks like I'll be fine putting it on a faster blade which I wasn't able to control blocks with using a normal glanti.
My forehand will thank me. Cheers~

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 02:17 

It took 3 weeks combined for DHL and USPS to deliver the rubber from Contra in Germany to Minneapolis but it came and I was able to try the Anti-Speed yesterday.
The surface is slightly grippy, though hard to generate spin, say on serve.
When I spin the ball high in the air with the inverted rubber, the falling spinning ball will grip the surface of the Anti-speed if held horizontal.
I got the 2.0mm and first put in on a Stiga Offensive Classic CR (high throw angle), which was a bit too fast
so I then put it on my regular blade Stiga Hypertech CR (lower throw angle) where the speed was reduced.
(I would try it on the Revolution as well, but that would destroy the MB I got on it..)
And it being too fast wouldn't have put me away if the rubber played anything like what I saw on Amir's video.
It didn't. It has a VERY low throw angle, about the same as my old version super-slick SuperAnti 2.0mm.
(I don't know if that will change with time, break in, as it does with some new Chinese inverted rubbers for example)

It is also quite hard compared to the SuperAnti and Mega-Block.
And to my utmost surprise, it has a very high spin reversal, with the blocks having a very flat, long trajectory.
I swear that it was considerably higher spin reversal than the Mega-Block, making the blocks very hard to return.
(We used BTY 3* plastic balls, as well as Gambler 3* plastic balls)

To get those blocks in I had to block with upwards movement, to avoind the ball going into the net,
which felt controllable, but I haven't found the right angle to be able to counter hit comfortably yet.
And to return the blocks, the opponent couldn't just lift them with a more open angle but had to top spin pull hard upwards.
That big reversal comes at the expense of control, however, due to the speed of the rubber and the very low throw angle,
basically not able to block as you would with inverted, short pips or even mid pips.

When attacking against backspin push, the rubber lifts the ball less than SA and MB.
Only on higher non-spinny balls I felt good control to hit and smash, but again being very careful not to close the racket angle at the end of the stroke at all.
And for reference, SA and MB allow me to close the angle a bit when driving or hitting higher (non-topspin) balls.

I also noticed that returning serve with a 'backspin' push produced a totally non-spinny ball, tricking my opponent into errors overhitting the table.
And I say that because with the SA or MB there is some spin when I return the serve. I was able to flick against serves from the backhand well.
The sponge is strong and effortless to detach from the blade, like an inverted rubber.
I am not a fan of the Yellow sponge color, which one often sees on cheap/beginner's rubbers but I won't let this prejudice me.

It is a very interesting rubber with good potential, due to the high spin reversal, and speed if you can get the angle right to block or counter hit.
I will play with it a few more times, and also see how it fares against stronger topspin opponents and if I can get the hang of it better, will probably shoot a video for reference.
Heck, I want to see it on video too as the spin reversal is hard to believe~ ;)

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 06:04 
Super User

More spin reversal than MB...? Being a classic anti style!?

In the Amir highlight video, that certainly doesn't seem to be the case at all!

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 07:41 

For the record, my MB 2.0mm has very little spin reversal, compared to my Super Anti 2.0 (old version).
So yes, the Anti-Speed 2.0 I got has visibly higher spin reversal. Not sure if it is due to the hard sponge, or what.

That's what I said too in my post too: "..if the rubber played anything like what I saw on Amir's video. It didn't. It has a VERY low throw angle.."
I know Amir is a wizard but..

I realize that my post sounds very counter-intuitive to what we expect after watching that video.
And I realize different blades, opponent strokes, balls, techniques.. also factor in.
Also, the Anti-speed may start playing differently after a few sessions, just like the MB did.

Anyhow, a video is worth a thousand words so I will send one in about a week~
Meanwhile, here is a video how I play usually with SA. Though not at all effective vs a 2500 player who knows my game..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybylkjN ... e=youtu.be