OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 03:55 

Blade: Stiga Eternity
FH: DHS Hurricane 8 Hard
BH: DHS Hurricane 8 Hard
Hi everyone! I've been a lurker here for awhile but I thought I'd post today because I'm in a bit of a conundrum...

Because of a shoulder issue I've adopted a very modified Seemiller grip and hit forehand and backhand from the same side of the rubber. I use the DHS Hurricane 8 hard version and like it very much for a close-to-the-table game.

The H8 isn't super heavy but I'm realizing I could find something lighter and even tackier for the off side since it would only be used for some serves and forehand pushes and other little touch shots.

Do you know of a light rubber that is very, very tacky that would be great for short, spinny serves and has tremendous touch and control? Should I also consider a very thin sponge for this off side of the blade since it will only be used for serves and short forehand pushes?

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 03:58 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Triple spin chop is light and very very spinny. I like it a lot. Doesn't feel foreign to me as a seasoned user of tacky Chinese rubbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017, 04:02 

Blade: Stiga Eternity
FH: DHS Hurricane 8 Hard
BH: DHS Hurricane 8 Hard
Thanks for the recommendation here.

My modified grip solved the shoulder issue but ended up causing (not surprisingly) some hand and finger issues.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017, 12:27 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

RITC SST Cross and RITC 729FX blue sponge are both very tacky and spinney, however they are hard and heavy. But you can find them in 1.5mm thickness which reduces weight, but I don't know if you would want the feeling of a hard rubber versus the feeling of a soft rubber.

Gambler Reflectoid is very soft but it is not as tacky as the SST Cross and the 729FX.

Globe 999 is very spinney and tacky, and although you can buy it with traditional hard sponge, you can also buy topsheets which you can put on softer sponges.
The JUIC 999 also comes factory made with a softer sponge- Check Paddle Palace for this rubber.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017, 03:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Kokutaku 868 (in the pink or gold 2-pack) and RITC 729 Sky Wing (or Sky King :lol: ) are both fairly lightweight, having 2.0 sponge (though 868 claims it's 2.2mm). Another light rubber is KTL Super XP (or it might be XT - can't remember which is the tacky one). It comes with a variety of sponges and sponge thickness, the Green Dragon variety is VERY light (or at least, the sheet I got was pretty light). Quite slow, though, even the Green Dragon was slow.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2017, 03:12 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
iskandar taib wrote:
Kokutaku 868 (in the pink or gold 2-pack) and RITC 729 Sky Wing (or Sky King :lol: ) are both fairly lightweight, having 2.0 sponge (though 868 claims it's 2.2mm). Another light rubber is KTL Super XP (or it might be XT - can't remember which is the tacky one). It comes with a variety of sponges and sponge thickness, the Green Dragon variety is VERY light (or at least, the sheet I got was pretty light). Quite slow, though, even the Green Dragon was slow.

Iskandar

A local player uses 868 in 1.0mm on a wood blade for league matches where he mainly just pushes and chops over the table very effectively. Downside is the very thin but tacky rubber makes topspin drives harder to keep on the table as it bottoms out to easily unless brush looped very finely.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2017, 12:46 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The 868 topsheet comes with a huge variety of different sponges (or I'll assume it's differences in sponge rather than just packaging), as you can see here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/ ... 95549.html

This is the one I was writing about:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 79950.html

which is only available in "2.2mm" sponge (it turns out it's really 2.0mm). Don't know which of the other ones is available in thin sponge - maybe "Tokyo", or "Party People", or "Pyramids", or "Music of the Spheres"... :lol:

So why does "Tokyo" come with a photo of the .. what is it.. the Grand Canyon?? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2017, 19:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
LordCope wrote:
Triple spin chop is light and very very spinny. I like it a lot. Doesn't feel foreign to me as a seasoned user of tacky Chinese rubbers.

Yes, that was my first thought. It's very tacky with a soft & light sponge, and will be very light with a 1.0mm sponge (not many rubbers come with a 1.0mm sponge).

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2017, 04:21 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
+1 For TSP Triple Spin Chop. Only things is, modified seemiller makes use of block quite a bit and it will bottom out against heavy loops, causing your block to go in to the net.

But...you said Pushes and Serves only....which this is amazing for.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2017, 09:23 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
For super tacky setting,

Infuse H3 or Geospin Tacky in boiled water, until the sponge detached, and

Replace the sponge with BLutenkirsche Japan, in any Thickness. Remember that thicker is spinnier but slower.

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017, 18:26 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

iskandar taib wrote:
The 868 topsheet comes with a huge variety of different sponges (or I'll assume it's differences in sponge rather than just packaging), as you can see here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/ ... 95549.html

This is the one I was writing about:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 79950.html

which is only available in "2.2mm" sponge (it turns out it's really 2.0mm). Don't know which of the other ones is available in thin sponge - maybe "Tokyo", or "Party People", or "Pyramids", or "Music of the Spheres"... :lol:

So why does "Tokyo" come with a photo of the .. what is it.. the Grand Canyon?? :lol:

Iskandar

Hi Isk,

Is that the one with the pink "tension" sponge?
I think it is and it is a lovely rubber, lighter than normal and with great control and of course super tacky!! :up:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017, 21:14 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

There seem to be three with Tension Sponge:

Super Tacky:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 02843.html

Non-tacky:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 62513.html

Party People:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 04220.html

I haven't tried any of these so I don't know the color of the sponge. Might be any (or all) of them! I might someday buy all three just to compare. Those do seem to be the ones in vacuum packs. Maybe that means they're factory tuned.

I'll have to write you an update about what's going on at Social Doubles sometime.. in short Rohan's abandoned the expensive bat with the long pips (says he's waiting for you to come back and show him how to use it properly) and Hock Soon started using it instead. And they keep needling each other over it - Hock Soon offered to buy it off Rohan for RM100, Rohan says he'll sell it for USD100. It's been quite educational for everyone in terms of dealing with spin reversal, though not everyone's figured out what's going on yet.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 20:47 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

iskandar taib wrote:
There seem to be three with Tension Sponge:

Super Tacky:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 02843.html

Non-tacky:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 62513.html

Party People:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 04220.html

I haven't tried any of these so I don't know the color of the sponge. Might be any (or all) of them! I might someday buy all three just to compare. Those do seem to be the ones in vacuum packs. Maybe that means they're factory tuned.

I'll have to write you an update about what's going on at Social Doubles sometime.. in short Rohan's abandoned the expensive bat with the long pips (says he's waiting for you to come back and show him how to use it properly) and Hock Soon started using it instead. And they keep needling each other over it - Hock Soon offered to buy it off Rohan for RM100, Rohan says he'll sell it for USD100. It's been quite educational for everyone in terms of dealing with spin reversal, though not everyone's figured out what's going on yet.

Iskandar

Hi, well the red one is spinny but heavy as f---, the tuning made it too fast for me at the time!!
It may well be the orange/yellow packet i am referring to because i think i have that packet somewhere in my collection, cos it said was Super Tacky!!!

However, of the others with the Black outer on a picture, i think i bought the "Colarado Canyon" and as you so succinctly refer to and "a harbour view"868 Tokyo, to try, and 1 had ( Chinese inscription = No?! 60) No 60 on it and the other No!? 35 on the front which i'm guessing refers to sponge hardness?
The 60 is ok, a bit on the heavy side as most Koku's are, was $9.50$, i used it a lot last year!!!
the No 35 COLARADO CANYON however was a revelation, $5.90 it had Pink sponge with Tension stamped onto it, and was lightish and was really spinny and with great control, i tried and liked, my partner / teamy then tried and i couldn't get it back off him and his spin / loops were amazing!!!!

I'll re-check details when i get home!!!!

PM to follow re RO!!!!!

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2017, 06:43 

Blade: DHS 301
FH: 729 Battle II
BH: Palio AK47 Blue
Hurricane 3 is very light

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2017, 22:29 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Lightzy wrote:
Hurricane 3 is very light

Hope you are joking :lol: Most ppl find H3 medium-heavy or heavy side of most rubbers.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7