OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2012, 22:42 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
I'm figuring out what low-priced forehand rubber would match up with Donic Defplay Senso (flexible, medium-soft defensive blade). I really like LKT pro XP on the Victas (hardish, medium flex), but I assume it will be too soft-sponged for the Defplay, so a medium-hard sponge will be better.

The rubber should be spinny, speedy and still controlled for looping and chopping at (mid-)distance both also perform well for the short & block game. And preferably not too heavy...

Maybe LKT Red Diamond?

Any (other) suggestions?

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2012, 00:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
The Defplay is a bit fussy on f/hand side ,I have tried loads of different rubbers and too slow is not good,the Tenergy 05fx is easily the best fix I have found, alas you`re looking for inexpensive,cheaper but similar is Xiom vega europe should fit well,of the cheaper Chinese type rubbers I`m not sure,maybe Galaxy Moon but it might not be as good as the other 2,the Venus 2 might be worth a shot....good luck

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2012, 00:49 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Milky Way Mercury II, a bit bouncy on a fast blade but works well as an attack rubber on a slow blade. A bit heavy, and I guess it's not excellent for chopping. I'm unsure how it fits the defplay blade. Dirt cheap so perhaps worth a try.

Other than that, my money would be on the LKT rubbers you mentioned.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2012, 02:38 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Pipsy wrote:
I'm figuring out what low-priced forehand rubber would match up with Donic Defplay Senso (flexible, medium-soft defensive blade). I really like LKT pro XP on the Victas (hardish, medium flex), but I assume it will be too soft-sponged for the Defplay, so a medium-hard sponge will be better.

The rubber should be spinny, speedy and still controlled for looping and chopping at (mid-)distance both also perform well for the short & block game. And preferably not too heavy...

Maybe LKT Red Diamond?

Any (other) suggestions?

Low priced. Hmmmmmm. Considering LKT Pro XP. That kinda low priced. Medium hardness sponge preferred. Hmmmmm.

I take it you want to both hit and loop with your FH, and still be able to chop a little...

Consider Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultra Light (40 degree), Venus new version (Agree with dazzler on this one), or 999 topsheet on 40 degree Quattro sponge. You might want to consider going for a softer spponged rubber (like 35-38 degree) as it will still loop and chop even better. 999 on a sponge you like is a cheap and good option. it is reliable in summer humidity, has good tack for slow hand speed serves, and is a great allround rubber that can do all the shots, but none of them amazing. You know what you get and how it will perform. Unfortunately, the Quattro sponge and bullt-proof topsheet make it a heavyweight among rubbers. if you are a combo bat player, it shouldn't be a big deal though. As for blocking well, you will block well with any inverted rubber when you do well at two things: Block right off the bounce and Use soft or firm hands as needed for desired result.

Moon sucks rocks on ALL speed class flexible blades. Red Diamond will sound like a loud-azz hard brick on each impact on such a blade, I do not recommend it, unless you are into that.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2012, 20:29 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Thank you guys.

Yinhe moon manufacterers state that it's a good alternative for T05, but some users disagree strongly...

Dawei Insp Quattro is a good rubber, had it with soft sponge (35°). 40° might be a good option... Hope it will be fast, spinny and springy enough for the Defplay...

And LKT Red Diamond intrigues me. Some compare it with T05 allbeit a bit less spinny. I am not a hitter, rather a looper/chopper. I assume the loud noise is caused by hitting?

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2012, 05:42 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
I tried LKT Red Diamond (1G) on defensive blade. The rubbers feels nicely on slow blade. Short game is very good. But RD exists only with max thickness and it is relatively fast, so it is good for modern topspin FH defense only, not so good for chopping.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2012, 20:54 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Omut wrote:
I tried LKT Red Diamond (1G) on defensive blade. The rubbers feels nicely on slow blade. Short game is very good. But RD exists only with max thickness and it is relatively fast, so it is good for modern topspin FH defense only, not so good for chopping.

Thanks Omut. That would actually be ok for my game. I don't really chop topspins much with FH since I don't master this technique well. Is topspin far from table feasible too?

BTW, is FH-chop ability so much dependent on rubber thickness? I think it is especially a matter of technique...Joo and most other high class players use 2.1 thickness too.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012, 01:52 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

Something bouncy and medium to soft hardness that's for sure (from my experience)..

With a medium-hard, tacky rubber it's hard to make good chops and loops deep on the opponent's side.

Haven't tried medium-hard grippy rubber on it though..

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012, 19:15 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

YosuaYosan wrote:
Something bouncy and medium to soft hardness that's for sure (from my experience)..

With a medium-hard, tacky rubber it's hard to make good chops and loops deep on the opponent's side.

Haven't tried medium-hard grippy rubber on it though..

Thanks, YY. I read somewhere that loops become erratic on that blade when the rubber is too soft, probably because of the high flex. Tacky rubbers are mostly slower, so the combination with Defplay will be too slow, I guess...

As I understand now, flexible slow blade needs grippy (instead of tacky) rubbers with decent speed. As for sponge hardness... not too soft... but why? dwell-time becomes too high? I'm just trying to understand... maybe I should just try the red diamond and see what it's like.

Apparently, there are big differences between the old LKT red diamond (tacky) and newer KTL red diamond (grippy, tensor).

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012, 21:12 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I've been using DHS TG3 on the defplay, it works ok although the defplay is slightly slower and less flexible than the blades I've been using with that rubber in the past I don't find it all that much slower or different to loop with. There are pros using Hurricane 3 on the Defplay so it's not an impossible setup. Probably I'm going to try a faster rubber once I get used to chopping with SP which I have on the backhand (that is my main concern right now).

And yes there is a big difference between the old Red Diamond and the new grippy one. Different rubbers all together, the original was a hard and fast tacky rubber, the new one is a soft springy fast... well this time it's similar to T05 to be honest. The original was not.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 03:39 

One of the best FH rubbers I tried for Defplay Senso is Yasaka Rising Dragon max sponge. It is a perfect fit.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 21:49 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
aimindc wrote:
One of the best FH rubbers I tried for Defplay Senso is Yasaka Rising Dragon max sponge. It is a perfect fit.
Agree, but,

This threads older than my daughter :P

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 03:46 

Blade: Viscaria FL
FH: BlueStar A2, black max
BH: Bluestorm Pro, red max
Palio AK47 are great cheap rubbers.