OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 04:23 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Just doing a little poll, to see which type of rubber people think is the easiest to chop with. Not necessarily the 'most effective' in terms of reversal and whatnot, but the one that will allow you to return the largest number of balls with all types of spin/speed? Let's say you're in a competition where you have one chance to chop back a shot, and if successful, you win one million dollars! What would you choose?

From my ever obsessive and persistent testing... I think the frictionless anti spin rubbers like Mega Block allow the safest return of virtually any ball. Not a ton of reversal off the table, so you usually send back low spin or no spin balls depending on what you get. Some will have a good amount of back spin and you'll see them rolling back to your side of the table/floor after bouncing.

Second place, I would put lower friction OX long pips. When using a good chopping motion, these are also very easy to return most balls with.

My list would be:

1. frictionless anti spin
2. OX long pips
3. Slightly grippy anti spin
4. Long Pips with sponge
5. Short Pips OX / Sponge
6. Inverted grippy

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 07:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Best anti in 1.8 is excellent for chopping and very slow and controlled.
Juic neo anti in 2mm is also very controlled but best anti causes more problems by keeping low.
yasaka anti power is excellent but a little fast for me.
i must admit that a lot of normal rubbers are far too fast for me.
tackiness chop in 1.1 is pretty good aswell

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 19:41 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
peterpong wrote:
Best anti in 1.8 is excellent for chopping and very slow and controlled.
Juic neo anti in 2mm is also very controlled but best anti causes more problems by keeping low.
yasaka anti power is excellent but a little fast for me.
i must admit that a lot of normal rubbers are far too fast for me.
tackiness chop in 1.1 is pretty good aswell
Another vote for Tackiness Chop and Tackiness Chop 2. The back spin are lethal. ;)

(Note that I take premium on generating backspin rather than returning spin)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 00:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^^ive heard that tac c 2 is faster but the throw angle is lower.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 03:49 
Super User

peterpong wrote:
^^ive heard that tac c 2 is faster but the throw angle is lower.

Sounds about right. I have a ton of the tackiness C sheets -- the balls remind me of big slow bumble bees :lol: really spinny, but slower and they tend to have more of an arc. The tackiness C 2 is more like a speedy hornet, kind of zipping along. I'm sure it comes down to technique as well, though each favors a different style it seems.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 04:50 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Depends on what the criteria is, and what you find most troublesome.

I have a harder time chopping with slow rubbers, as it is far too much work to return the ball deep (to me). So, after a LOT of trial and error, I have decided I prefer tensors and faster for chopping, but with taller pips so there is some softness (not too much). I still like 1.8mm to 2.1mm sponge. Of the tensors (or tensor like) I found Victas V>401, Tenergy 64, Xiom Omega Asia to be the easiest for me.

Of the thinner slow rubbers, I find tack chop to be pretty easy, but the easiest is Reflectoid in 1.5mm. Triple Spin Chop in 1.3 also was great, but unforgiving of spin because it's very tacky. So...if you find spin to be your problem, you may want rubbers with taller pips and a softish feel (so there is some give).

If you find speed to be your issue, then slow tacky rubbers might be more suitable.

Also, and this is a big one, depends on how fast your blade is.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 06:49 
Super User

Japsican wrote:

I have a harder time chopping with slow rubbers, as it is far too much work to return the ball deep (to me). So, after a LOT of trial and error, I have decided I prefer tensors and faster for chopping, but with taller pips so there is some softness (not too much). I still like 1.8mm to 2.1mm sponge. Of the tensors (or tensor like) I found Victas V>401, Tenergy 64, Xiom Omega Asia to be the easiest for me.

Of the thinner slow rubbers, I find tack chop to be pretty easy, but the easiest is Reflectoid in 1.5mm. Triple Spin Chop in 1.3 also was great, but unforgiving of spin because it's very tacky. So...if you find spin to be your problem, you may want rubbers with taller pips and a softish feel (so there is some give).

If you find speed to be your issue, then slow tacky rubbers might be more suitable.

How is the joo treating you so far?

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 10:31 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Frictionless anti

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 03:37 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
skilless_slapper wrote:
Japsican wrote:

How is the joo treating you so far?

SS,

I absolutely LOVE the Joo, but still cannot get over the weight. I am playing at about the same level, but doing a little worse against higher level folks. Also, my tennis elbow is coming back because I'm gripping the handle too tightly. It's just such a beast of a blade. so great on offense.

For fun, I played with my VKM, P-1R and TSP triple spin chop, and it felt SOOOO light!!! Crazy how much of a difference it is.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2017, 07:07 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Japsican wrote:
SS,

I absolutely LOVE the Joo, but still cannot get over the weight. I am playing at about the same level, but doing a little worse against higher level folks. Also, my tennis elbow is coming back because I'm gripping the handle too tightly. It's just such a beast of a blade. so great on offense.

For fun, I played with my VKM, P-1R and TSP triple spin chop, and it felt SOOOO light!!! Crazy how much of a difference it is.

You might want to reduce the head size of the Joo if you've got problems with the weight. That's what happened to my Joo.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that