OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 11 Apr 2024, 06:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Zhang Jike zlc vs szlc
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 09:12 

Does anyone have experience and therefore feedback on the difference between these two blades? I've determined I'm going to buy one of them but $400 seems a bit out there especially if the difference is minimal. In summary I've been playing for 10 years. I am a mid/long distance looper than can play pretty fast if need be. Also, any suggestions on rubbers would be cool. I'm thinking T05s. Thanks!!

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 15:45 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
SZLC is stiff, much too stiff for your kind of play - and both are out of the league and completely unecessary imho.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 13:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Get an ALC blade instead. If you want to spend a lot, just buy two of them, you will still come out ahead.

TB-ALC. Viscaria. ZJK-ALC. Donic True Carbon.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 03:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

zlc, szlc, alc... grrrrr.. darned alphabet soup. What's it all mean?? We'll have wbc next... anyone remember that?? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 11:10 

Blade: Xiom Vega Tour
FH: Butterfly tenergy 64
BH: Xiom Vega Pro
Hi i'm new member i'm happy to here for everything. Please give me some good idea for my blade. I'm using Xiom vega tour blade FH butterfly tenergy 64 BH Xiom vega pro rubber when i play i cannot do topspin and control it my BH side so i need to some knowledge. Is it good to change my BH rubber vega pro? because it's heavy and hard my blade is medium hard then i think vega pro is wrong rubber for my blade. Is it right? Please help me

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 12:38 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Xiom Vega blade is very good I don't think you need to worry about your blade at all. But Tenergy 64 !? and Vega Pro !? When you say you are low-level player, your rubbers are TOO FAST !!! Surely something like MarkV or Sriver or even 729 Focus+Snipe III would help develop your FH and BH strokes a lot better. Once your strokes are very powerful and extremely spinny with basic rubbers, then you can try Tenergy64 or Vega Pro rubbers again one by one.

Also with basic rubbers you can pick the lightest rubber to try first. Then as the rubber wears out from constant use, you can replace after 6 months of 1 - 2 hours daily practice.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 12:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

He didn't say he was a low level player - he's just new HERE. :lol: Who knows, might be rated 2300 for all we know. (The again, based on the questions - maybe not.. :lol: )

That said - I think rubbers are overrated. I've been on a quest to find a rubber too fast and too difficult for me to handle, and haven't found one yet. Even MX-P is nice and controllable. (Haven't decided I want to waste the money on Tenergy 05 just yet, though..) And I am NOT a high level player, not in the least. I do have a problem with those two rubbers he mentioned though - they're just way too expensive... :lol:

Blades are another matter, though - I have found blades that are unpleasantly fast.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 23:56 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Baatka wrote:
Hi i'm new member i'm happy to here for everything. Please give me some good idea for my blade. I'm using Xiom vega tour blade FH butterfly tenergy 64 BH Xiom vega pro rubber when i play i cannot do topspin and control it my BH side so i need to some knowledge. Is it good to change my BH rubber vega pro? because it's heavy and hard my blade is medium hard then i think vega pro is wrong rubber for my blade. Is it right? Please help me

The key question is do you need to go slower or just softer. Vega pro is quite a hard and fast rubber usually used on f/hand so when combined with your fast xiom blade is not giving you enough dwell or sink to allow controlled bh topspin. You could try xiom Vega europe DF on your b/h in say 2.0mm.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 09:48 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

According to Brett - stay away from the really soft sponges, though. The problems with the backhand might actually be technique - no change in rubber will fix it. Go to a coach and see what they say.

Iskandar