OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 07:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Matt Pimple wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:
is Gorilla fanti?

Yes indeed! It's the fastest one and not really controllable for us regular mortals.

Isn't there a Gorilla with dampening sponge? Ould it be that one he is using?
https://www.drneubauer.com/shop.php?cat ... g=&prod=69
How is that in speed compared to Buffalo or Bison (or Mega Block).

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 08:19 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Def-attack wrote:
Isn't there a Gorilla with dampening sponge? Ould it be that one he is using?
https://www.drneubauer.com/shop.php?cat ... g=&prod=69
How is that in speed compared to Buffalo or Bison (or Mega Block).

I will ask him to clarify but my understanding was that it is the regular one. Sushmit told me that at his level he wants his block to come fast at the attacker so they don't have time for the next shot. Only dropping the ball short would not be enough at that level and people figure it out. He suggested me to learn how to block the ball close to the white line as well.
The one with the ABS (dampening) sponge is still a lot faster than Buffalo or Bison which use the same sponge. By the way, I do have a Gorilla-ABS sponge sitting here if somebody is interested.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2017, 07:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Another one:

Last edited by Def-attack on 20 Apr 2017, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017, 00:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Matches from Challenger series

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HesbowxfnY&t[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=146l7HOnTd4&t[/youtube]

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2017, 15:29 

Very interesting match against a quality looper/attacker (WR ~150) who understands what is coming at him:

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2017, 17:55 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Found at Noppen-test.de:

Quotation Wiesbadener Kurier:
Tischtennis04.03.2017

Tabletennis: Biebrichs Indian Sushmit Sriram amazes opponents with his unorthodox way

By Torsten Muders

WIESBADEN - "It looks like a swimming pool player," a spectator was amazed at the recent home appearance of the TTC RW Biebrich, when he first saw Sushmit Sriram live on the green record. "Only better," smiles Marc Köhler, chairman of the club.

In fact, this young man from India can not be classified into any category. "I have been playing table tennis for 30 years, but I have not seen anything like it," says Köhler about the 24-year-old. With his style, which Sriram calls "a defensive all-rounder," the blocking at the table, and the unusual combination of a so-called anti-coating on the backhand and short knobs on the forehand that do not allow top spin, the Asiate is stunned especially by his opponents, who do not yet know him. In the German league this is the most natural, and so Sriram has a decisive share in the success of the Biebrichs, with a score of 14: 2 victories, to join the promotion to the regional league.

Relegation place is within reach for Biebrich

"We'll take it with us," Köhler did not plan to attack the next class until next season. Since the one opponent Kassel lost his Sunday game in Obertshausen at the Green Table with 0: 9 (the Nordhessen insisted by mistake two non-EU foreigners) and the other opponent Fehlheim would probably forego an ascent, is currently the third Braunfels the large counterparty for second place. But also Table Leader Kriftel is not yet completely out of reach, according to Köhler.

How does an Indian come to Biebrich? The current Landestrainer of the Hessian Tischtennisverband Peter Engel established the contact. The former German champion in singles and doubles had previously worked as a coach in India for two years. And now about ten players, both women and men, are active from the subcontinent with Hessian clubs.

If, first of all, China is linked to this sport in Asia, India is now the emerging nation. Only 600 professionals are active in the country. One of them is Sushmit Sriram. He once came to the sport with his older brother, who was already playing table tennis. Today, the 24-year-old is officially employed by an airport company in Chennai, the sixth-largest city in India in the south-east of the country, but is able to pursue his sport regularly. In India, the season, which consists mainly of tournaments, runs from July to early February. So now the attempt in Germany to advance the career. With the express permission of the mother, who encouraged her son to try it, Sriram goes to the "adventure", as he expresses it himself.

The Indians in Biebrich can not earn riches. Thus, the professional must also open up other sources of income. This week, for example, he was active at the Challenger Series in Ochsenhausen. A jumping board for the upcoming stars in the table tennis, as the organizer advertises the event. The games of the series are broadcast live on the Internet, among other things, to bet on it.

Already beat players from the top 150 of the World Cup

Tischtennis is for the smart young man who has completed a marketing degree, but far more than his own career. "I love Germany and especially my club in Wiesbaden. Above all, I would like to thank Marc Köhler, who has helped me so much, "says Sriram gladly for the TTC RW. "He's just a super guy," Koehler recalls the praise to Sriram, who is not too bad to train the Biebricher youth or coach the third team. While his top-league colleagues train a maximum of twice a week, hardly a day goes by that Sriram does not devote itself to fast sport. Three times a week, he trains at the Landesleistungszentrum in Frankfurt to compete with the best of Hesse. Potential is there, he already has some second league players and in the Challenger series also some aces from the top 150 of the world's rangers from the plate cleaned. In his home country of India he won gold in single and silver at the national championship. "I'd like to play for the Indian national team," Shiram says.

But there are also targets in Germany. In Biebrich, where he now lives during his stays in Germany, Sriram will remain until the end of the Oberliga season in mid-April. But they all hope at the TTC that the return flight is still booked, stands nevertheless on 6/7. May the relegation to the regional league. And if the "pool player" and his colleagues continue to make everyone wet, then the relegation is absolutely within reach.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2017, 17:59 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Another recent video:
http://youtu.be/541FZZSj8kU

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 05:55 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
Sushmit Sriram, India
Style: shakehander, offensive block player
Blade: Donic Ovtcharov Carbospeed or Baum Carrera Senso
FH: Spectol 21
BH: Dr.N. Gorilla

so, i discovered this guy recently which nobody knew of which is strange bcs he is playing at top level...he is a carbon copy of our friend AA, but i dont know who copied who :D

he is also playing with short pips on FH and fanti on BH...a friend of mine who was on the same Challenger told me that he is playing with Dr. N. Gorilla and short pips, but that is not confirmed information, so, if we have some Indian friends on the forum that know him it would be great, because i think we will hear about this guy more, he is playing with fanti at a very high level...

here is the video of my countryman Koic lost to him on the German Challenger, it was painful to watch :D

why not regular spectol? whats good about spectol21 over normal?

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 06:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

bbkon wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:
Sushmit Sriram, India
Style: shakehander, offensive block player
Blade: Donic Ovtcharov Carbospeed or Baum Carrera Senso
FH: Spectol 21
BH: Dr.N. Gorilla

so, i discovered this guy recently which nobody knew of which is strange bcs he is playing at top level...he is a carbon copy of our friend AA, but i dont know who copied who :D

he is also playing with short pips on FH and fanti on BH...a friend of mine who was on the same Challenger told me that he is playing with Dr. N. Gorilla and short pips, but that is not confirmed information, so, if we have some Indian friends on the forum that know him it would be great, because i think we will hear about this guy more, he is playing with fanti at a very high level...

here is the video of my countryman Koic lost to him on the German Challenger, it was painful to watch :D

why not regular spectol? whats good about spectol21 over normal?

Faster sponge.

He is said to use a Xiom Amadeus blade and Gorilla in 0,6 mm or 1,0 mm.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 08:37 
Super User

This guy is good but in my opinion there is only one AA who is way better ;)

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 09:03 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
TTbuddy wrote:
This guy is good but in my opinion there is only one AA who is way better ;)

I think you are mistaken here as Sushmit plays at a much higher level. He beats players that are around 150 in the world and AA is nowhere near that level. Though you may like AA's style better but Sushmit plays at a much higher level and I do believe he is currently the best GlAnti player in the world.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 09:52 
Super User

I am in no way slating Sushmit's higher level of play but just saying I much prefer and enjoy watching AA's style and strategy in using Frictionless Anti ;)

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 15:23 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
Matt Pimple wrote:
I think you are mistaken here as Sushmit plays at a much higher level. He beats players that are around 150 in the world and AA is nowhere near that level. .

anyone is entitled to their taste and opinion, but thats a very weird statement! i have played in the youth national team, was the nr. 1 of my country at that level playing international at the time, played both the 1st and 2cnd national league of my country (former european champions), have beaten several ittf pro tour players in the last years and currently am ranked around nr. 38 in austria. it makes very little sense to make such statements when the two players at hand are not even competing in the same league or country, especially if one of the two is 13 years older and therfore isnt competing internationally anymore. i wouldnt even be able to establish whether luka m or he is the better player- its simply impossible.

ps: i also enjoy watching sriram! its a cool style 8)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2017, 06:50 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Another match:
http://youtu.be/NFFGyNPjwEg

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 23:37 

https://youtu.be/6m6Qv7y9Fj8

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next