OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017, 04:58 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Hey Amir,

What would you say your general strategy is with the anti? Do you count on placement with spin reversal to win most the points?

Asking because when I use the glanti, most people don't use a ton of spin and very few are even real heavy top spin players. So when they use low spin, I can place it around the table somewhat slowly and short, but they usually have time to reach it at least. Whereas I think with the LP rubbers or more grippy anti, I can hit with a bit more speed on top of the hard angles -- meaning they won't reach the ball in time to make any kind of decent shot, or contact at all!

Basically the spin reversal aspect of it doesn't seem to play a huge role for me (except on some serves) -- whereas at your level, I think the heavy incoming spin really helps you?

Just wondering if I should keep with the mega-block style or perhaps go to something like anti-speed...

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017, 07:11 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
skilless_slapper wrote:
Hey Amir,

What would you say your general strategy is with the anti? Do you count on placement with spin reversal to win most the points?

[/quote]

i generally try to put the opponent under pressure by moving him and attacking with the anti (especially against backspin) to force him to raise/lift the ball so that i go over to attack mode by either twiddling and playing the short pimple backhand hit or short pimples on the forehand shot to make a direct point. the spinreversal is important in between when he manages to loop and i have to block...the fact that the block either becomes short or has reversal is important so that he cannot make a direct winner loop again, so that he will either lift or chop and i can go back into attack mode/preperation for short pimples again.

the best thing would be for you to upload both a video with you playing slick anti..you can also send it to me via PN then i can share my 5 cents with you ;)

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2017, 06:06 
Super User

AA wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
AA you switched to Donic Baxster?

yes, in the last video i posted u can see me playing with it. it has a higher throw than blowfish+ and many other short pimples..i make far less mistakes with it, much better control when hitting..

b

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2017, 06:06 
Super User

AA wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
AA you switched to Donic Baxster?

yes, in the last video i posted u can see me playing with it. it has a higher throw than blowfish+ and many other short pimples..i make far less mistakes with it, much better control when hitting..

baxter f1a?

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 02:23 

Blade: Andro Fiber comp
FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Butterfly Super Anti
Hi Amir, I saw your vidoes when I was searching few anti spin rubbers. I am really amazed seeing all your vidoes and has become a big fan of yours :-). Wanted a suggestion on how good the Blade "der materialspezialist Wizard" is?. I know it's a two speed blade. Have you ever played with this blade?

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 08:03 
Super User

@bbkon- baxter LB

@rak- thanks ;) i would rather advise you to try jekyll/hyde - its the better two speed blade

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 15:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
@Amir:
Have you played matches and/or been practicing with ABS-ball? How do you cope with that ball? I am having big problems blocking fast loops with Diabolic 1,6 mm on Invictus. I need to close the bat more (and change angle of the bat a lot depending on incomming spin and speed). And I need to dampen the pace of the ball more than with other balls. And there is almost no spin left when the ball gets back to opponent :(.

I started with Rovolution blade but that was much more unsecure, ball flew long past the table at many of the blocks.

I have had do change my style to a more offensive, and this might be a good thing. But there are times I really would like to block like I could with non-ABS-balls.

Any suggestion? I might change to 1,3 mm when it is time to change anti.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 17:16 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
@Amir:
Have you played matches and/or been practicing with ABS-ball?

which one do you mean in particular? they clearly are awful..

when dealing with no faster, less spinny loops you might want to try to push against that loop...this will lower the trajectory of the ball and prevent it from sailing over the table...it however isnt easy...i think i demonstrated that move in the BAD promo video.

changing to 1.3 will decrease the dampening, but decrease the trajectory...so if your Problem is that the ball is flying off your bat too high, then that might help
if you Need even lower trajectory than that, you can consider 1.0 or transformer 1.0.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 17:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

AA wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
@Amir:
Have you played matches and/or been practicing with ABS-ball?

which one do you mean in particular? they clearly are awful..

when dealing with no faster, less spinny loops you might want to try to push against that loop...this will lower the trajectory of the ball and prevent it from sailing over the table...it however isnt easy...i think i demonstrated that move in the BAD promo video.

changing to 1.3 will decrease the dampening, but decrease the trajectory...so if your Problem is that the ball is flying off your bat too high, then that might help
if you Need even lower trajectory than that, you can consider 1.0 or transformer 1.0.

Thanks. Stiga Perform is the ABS-ball I am using, I think from DHS factory.

I have most problems with loops with some arc and speed. More smash-like loops are ok to block, they stay low but spinless. The arced ones (still with little spin) tends to bite the anti more and bounce away much higher. I try to blockenthem with more closed bat, and taking the ball higher to try to almost press it down. As long as I can keep them on the table and not too highe they cause problems bacause they are not easy to read (amount of spin).

I will try a push movement and also a side sweep. I have tried upward movement, and that helps controlling the speed a little.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 04:32 
Super User

new video, more coming soon

against the current nr.5 of our league, nr.3 u21 in austria

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 05:17 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

AA wrote:

Great game! Seems you rely more on putting opponent under time preassure with aggressive using of the anti (especially when returning serves) than relying on blocks now, works good! Also, you win many points from attacking with F H (but you also missed a few). What ball did you use?! Still Diabolic on Revolution?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 06:06 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Def-attack wrote:
AA wrote:

Great game! Seems you rely more on putting opponent under time preassure with aggressive using of the anti (especially when returning serves) than relying on blocks now, works good! Also, you win many points from attacking with F H (but you also missed a few). What ball did you use?! Still Diabolic on Revolution?

That was my take on it as well. Didn't see really any of the slow 2-3 bounce shots on the table from the anti-spin blocks. More of the speedy punches with pace and malice! His uniqueness is that he's able to keep those low the majority of the time. So the attacker is met with a long, low underspin ball. It seems those were pushed back a good number of times in the match, and then Amir was able to finish those off with the fast backhand. I think Amir does really well at attacking the pushes/underspin serves to him. A lot of other anti users might bump it back, but Amir goes after those balls with power! That's one thing I've tried to learn from his games, really punishing any back spin ball coming at you.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 06:17 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
AA wrote:

hey thanks! ;) actually my backhand game didnt change at all, but you are right that i play more forehand now, which is helping me a great deal..even if in fact i did miss 4 in a row at some stage lol (my mind was on some island with a nice climate and bacardi cola in that phase ;)

ball: joola 3 star (not flash)
still diabolic 1.6 on revolution, yep

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 08:48 
Super User

OK you missed a few forehand smashes - so what? ;) Your use of anti is just beyond compare AA. Great play as always :up:

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 08:09 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Great match Amir!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next