OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2017, 03:39 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
The canadian federation played one tournament with it and after to many complaint they change it to nittaku. What a shame for you as this ball is too light, the speed is slower and you feel to loose control of it as it flows into the air. At that time they cracked a lot too with strong hit.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2017, 03:46 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
maddrag wrote:
The canadian federation played one tournament with it and after to many complaint they change it to nittaku. What a shame for you as this ball is too light, the speed is slower and you feel to loose control of it as it flows into the air. At that time they cracked a lot too with strong hit.

I think you are reffering to the old Stiga plastic ball Optimum. The new Perform is very durable, better than seamless.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 18:40 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I had a very brief (5 minutes) hit with a slightly wrinkled Bison 1,8 mm on Invictus and ABS-ball today. I must say that the much harder feeling of that rubber (compared to Diabolic and Transformer) was better with the ABS-ball. I think a main part of the problem, besides that the spin i lesser, is that the ABS ball kind of grips the anti-rubber. And it does that different depending on speed. This made it very difficult for me. I can handle the lesser spin reversal but it was much harder to handle that some blocks went very high and some low or short. This was better with Bison. Also, attacking back spin is easier with this harder rubber. Hopefully I will recieve the improved Bison soon, so I can try it next "real" session.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 17:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Tonight I will try my new sheet of Bison (the improved one). I put it on the Invictus blade. It has very little grip when it is not used at all, and the short time the ball stays on the rubber (the rubber is rather hard) seems to be very positive. I think the spin reversal with the ABS-ball will improve compared to my old Bison and Diabolic and Transformer. After tonight I will know.

I also glued my new Dr Neubauer Gorilla 1,0 mm to my Revolution blade. Just bouncing the ball makes me realize that this will not be easy :). It is fast, no dampening effect at all. The top sheet is rather soft (so is the sponge) so it feels almost like an ordinary rubber. Top sheet is very thin with tall pips beneath. And they are easily bent bacause it is soft and because they can dig into the sponge rather easy. The rubber has a little more grip than Bison, at least before it is broken in. I will try it very briefly tonight, and if it turns out more playable than I expect I might use it more or try it on another blade.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 17:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Looking forward to the update.
A friend gave me a sheet of grass dtecs in 1.2.Do you know if its easy to chop with-is it dangerous when chopping?

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 18:09 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
Looking forward to the update.
A friend gave me a sheet of grass dtecs in 1.2.Do you know if its easy to chop with-is it dangerous when chopping?

It is great for chopping, but rather fast. You need good footwork to be in position.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 18:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I gave it a very brief try on an all- blade and it seemed nice.
i think it might be the old type dtecs-were they slower?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 21:23 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
I gave it a very brief try on an all- blade and it seemed nice.
i think it might be the old type dtecs-were they slower?

I have no idea, sorry.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2017, 07:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I had a training session with the new Bison and I had a few hits with the Gorilla. I have to say that Gorilla was rather fun. Since it is softer and a little grippier than Bison it was not that difficult to use, unless you try to block a hard loop. I will try it more thoroghly later.

The new Bison seems a little better for the ABS ball, but my previous Bison was a little more grippy than it should be since it got wrinkeled when I tried to remove it and I also used DMS anti cleaner on it once and that removed a little of the slickness. So it is difficult to say how much of the improved spin reversal and control that comes from improvement or from better condition of the rubber. But I could keep blocks low and sometimes short and also attack back spin a little better. But I still need to learn how to use its full potential since I am still rather new to this hard feel of the anti compared to those of DMS.

Anyhow, it is still clear to me that one cannot live on blocking loops and returning back spin only. That gamestyle which worked with the old plastic ball or cell-ball will most likely not be possible with ABS ball, too little spin. I don’t think new antis will change that unless there will be more spin on the ball again. Something more is needed.

So I think I will give the Gorilla a real try later. The speed gives an extra parameter to work with. I was thinking of returning to Mega Block but I think the Gorilla will be more fun :). So after next league gathering in lage November I will probably give it a few more real sessions. I have it on Revolution now, we’ll se where it ends up...

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 06:40 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I just got back from a session with the ABS-ball where I tried the new Bison on my Stiga Carbonado 190 and that was way better than the other blades I have tried (Invictus and a few hits against robot with Revolution). Even though we did not do a drill where I focused on blocking loops I felt it was much more easy to attack with this blade (I have been really frustrated with the Bison/Invictus combination in this aspect) and the back spin from blocking opponents ordinary drive strokes were enough to cause some problems. There was also some real fluttering when I returned side spin serves. This looks very promising indeed! Not as good as with XuShaofa but (hopefully) enough to cause hesitations and pushes from my opponnents for me to attack. So, one has to pick the right blade for this rubber when using ABS balls.

Next week I have two league gatherings comming up, Thursday (veterans league) and then Sunday (ordinary league). Really looking forward to it.

One thing that os not good (at all) is that I have got some real problems with heel spurs :(. Really painful... I hope I can get rid of the worst pain and that it won’t stop me from playing these league matches....

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 08:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

i know what you mean re foot problems.i have to be very careful re footware -my old tennis and table tennis trainers seem to work better at the moment.new ones hurt my feet so im wearing for a few hours at a time.
best of luck with the league matches.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 15:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
i know what you mean re foot problems.i have to be very careful re footware -my old tennis and table tennis trainers seem to work better at the moment.new ones hurt my feet so im wearing for a few hours at a time.
best of luck with the league matches.

Thanks

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 07:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I had my second session with Bison+on the Carbonado-blade. It still feels good but I am not sure that the spin reversal is much better with this blade than with the others I have tried. But attacking is far better. On both FH and BH. I am trying to be more aggressive with my anti but I am still too passive sometimes, especially when opponent just simple returns the ball soft to my BH without spin.

There are a few points where you can se the difference between the old ball and the ABS ball. I block a slow spinny loop (from my push) and the ball kind of grips the rubber and goes high and long. Really annoying...

Anyway, here is the clip from a 5 set match against my 2nd most regular training partner:

http://youtu.be/S4FlGlAtNFM

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 10:29 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Just watched the video.

OMG where is the spin reversal?!

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 16:35 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

conradyoung wrote:
Just watched the video.

OMG where is the spin reversal?!

Gone with the ball....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 82  Next