OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 01:36 
Super User

a Stiga Clipper Wood with two 1.1 mm Tackiness Chops on...

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 02:24 
Super User

"01 A bat that is light"
Yasaka Sweden Classic should be close to Stiga Allround (but I've never owned the latter).
Mine was 81g, 5.4mm thick and 162x150.

"02 Control over speed"
This is definitely provided by the prevously mentioned Tackiness Chop (but I would get 1.5mm) which is also very light. Tackiness Chop 1.5 and Reflectoid 1.5 weigh about the same. My ProXT is 2.15 but if it were 1.5 (available at e.g. Japsko) it should weigh about the same or a little less, and is certainly slower than MarkV. The first two rubbers are said to have dampening or power-absorptive sponges (and are extra slow, special purpose rubbers), while ProXT has a normal sponge as far as I know. The first two rubbers are also available thinner.
My recently purchased FX-EL was heavier than expected.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2017, 23:52 

Blade: Yinhe N11S
FH: KTL Pro XP 1.8mm
BH: 729 802 Mystery III 1.7mm
Hi All,

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would just drop by to thank everyone who contributed with replies and helped me finally settle into a new rig.

Big thank you to:

1) glennholder who planted the idea of looking at Chinese blades so I am now using a KTL Instinct.
2) iskandar taib who inserted links to aliexpress (which was unknown to me) for me look at a greater range of Chinese rubbers. I chose 61 Lightning DS LST (1.8mm FH and 1.5mm BH).

I now have a set up that is light with tacky/spinny rubber giving control over speed.

The bat has more than enough speed for my level of play and at times the ball seems to spring from my bat (on offensive shots) at speeds that surprises me. The setup is also very forgiving on shots that may not have been executed absolutely correctly, for example, when you throw the bat out there trying to block your opponent's loop and you know it will be a lucky shot if you land the return but it lands.

At the risk of losing this bat I am now ordering another 2 of these KLT Instinct blades!!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2017, 08:36 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Well done on settling on a set up that you are happy with. The Instinct is a highly rated blade that will hopefully last you a long time even if you change your rubbers.

When you recieve your new ones, it would be really good if you were able to do the test in this thread and post your results.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31831

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2017, 09:47 

Blade: Yinhe N11S
FH: KTL Pro XP 1.8mm
BH: 729 802 Mystery III 1.7mm
Cobalt wrote:
Well done on settling on a set up that you are happy with. The Instinct is a highly rated blade that will hopefully last you a long time even if you change your rubbers.

When you recieve your new ones, it would be really good if you were able to do the test in this thread and post your results.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31831

Hi Cobalt,

Will give it a go but I am not sure how reliable my review will be. I am terrible at quantifying subjective results. Of course, one of the greatest variable apart from the equipment is the tester, as in the tester's level of skill will determine the reported feel of speed, spin, control, throw, etc. However, I will give it a go as it may be useful to someone.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2017, 12:13 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
All you need to do is download the app in the linked thread, and bounce the ball on the bat a few times and report back the frequency with the highest peak.