OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2017, 05:41 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I'm looking for short pips for my forehand that are spinny but that you can still use to block easily. I don't care too much about speed or funky effects. The Nittaku Beautry pips I use are pretty good for what I'm looking for, and I'd be okay sticking with them, but I'd ideally like even more spin potential, especially on serves. Anyone have any thoughts? (Had tried the Spinlord Waran before, and they were great for spin but unreliable for blocking.) Thanks.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2017, 08:26 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Spinniest short pips I've used:

- 802-40
- Raystorm
- Donic Baxster F1A

All were good for blocking. Slightly less spinny, but still spinny for a SP, and really lovely for blocking was 105 Legend (sometimes considered MP)

I have a friend who uses Stiga Royal on her FH (and another friend who uses the same rubber, only on her BH instead), they both say it's very spinny and good for blocking. However, I've not tried it.

I did have a hit with friend's Stiga Radical a few weeks ago, and that was also good - lots of spin on serve, and good positive, controlled block and hit. I only used it for a few games, but it felt to me like a better Degu. However, this was an unfamiliar setup - inverted on the other side, on an ALL blade, so too many variables. However, it might be one to consider.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2017, 11:21 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Joola express ultra
Or the new butterfly impartial xs

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2017, 03:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
TSP Spinpips RED

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 08:54 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Thanks to everyone who responded. Will check out some of these options and report back about how they compare to what I'm currently using.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 18:17 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Spinlord degu is more spinny and softer than warran and much easier to block with. Good for top spin with inverted like strokes but not sure about chopping which the slower and harder Degu 2 is designed for.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2017, 17:45 

Blade: Yinhe 980XX
FH: Yinhe 9000D
BH: Yinhe 955 0.7mm
729 802-1 Max sponge, I'm currently using in on my FH and I really like it. It's a widely spaced SP rubber in which compared to 802-40 has more dwell time. Therefore providing better control and spin potential. It's throw is actually comparable to a hard tacky chinese rubber, but with lesser spin. It can also serve spinny serves close to an inverted rubber and it can block pretty well. It may not have reversal capability like some SP, but the best thing about it's blocking is the amazing control it offers, like you can basically direct the ball to any direction while blocking without worrying of you opponenet's spin.

It is also dirt cheap costs me less than $10.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2017, 09:45 

I played a while with the Nittaku Beautry on FH, but i recently switched to a Butterfly Impartial XS. I had problems finding a replacement for the Adidas Blaze Spin, which i played since my switch to short pips on the FH. The Beautry was the best on my standard blade of the last years (Arbalest Bogen, 3+2 American Hinoki+Carbon, 70g, All+), but it was not really good (at least not as good as the Blaze Spin). The Impartial also wasn't that good on this blade (but i didn't try it too long).
I now have a blade which was labeled as a Butterfly Keyshot light clone (82g) and on this blade the Impartial XS is really good. I get a lot of spin in serves (if i want to), topspin is quite simple (but i don't play it too often, because of problems with my shoulder -> the cause of my switch to short pips), and a nice bounce on shots.
Blocking is OK, on par with the Beautry.

The Impartial on the KSL clone is much better for me and since i got a good replacement for my preferred BH of the last years (Victas VS 401 in 1.5 because of weight) in form of a Nittaku Fastarc G-1 in 1.4mm (faster blade and weight -> 1.4mm), i made the switch a few weeks ago.

Nittaku Fastarc G-1, 1.4mm

Backup
Butterfly Impartial XS, 1.7mm
Gewo Königsklasse Karbon Sieben
Nittaku Fastarc G-1, 1.8mm

Butterfly Tenergy 25FX, 1.7mm
Arbalest Bogen, ST
Victas VS 401, 1.5mm

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2017, 15:01 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

jok2 wrote:
I played a while with the Nittaku Beautry on FH, but i recently switched to a Butterfly Impartial XS. I had problems finding a replacement for the Adidas Blaze Spin, which i played since my switch to short pips on the FH. The Beautry was the best on my standard blade of the last years (Arbalest Bogen, 3+2 American Hinoki+Carbon, 70g, All+), but it was not really good (at least not as good as the Blaze Spin). The Impartial also wasn't that good on this blade (but i didn't try it too long).
I now have a blade which was labeled as a Butterfly Keyshot light clone (82g) and on this blade the Impartial XS is really good. I get a lot of spin in serves (if i want to), topspin is quite simple (but i don't play it too often, because of problems with my shoulder -> the cause of my switch to short pips), and a nice bounce on shots.
Blocking is OK, on par with the Beautry.

The Impartial on the KSL clone is much better for me and since i got a good replacement for my preferred BH of the last years (Victas VS 401 in 1.5 because of weight) in form of a Nittaku Fastarc G-1 in 1.4mm (faster blade and weight -> 1.4mm), i made the switch a few weeks ago.

Thanks, that's helpful. I may try the Impartial XS.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 22:26 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Second vote for Joola Express Ultra. Quite fast though. Very spinny.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 08:24 

Joola Express Ultra Max

USATT Rating: 1682

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 08:43 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

I've just picked up the Mizuno Boost SA Pips and they are hands down the spinniest blocking SP's I've ever tried.

D

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 17:03 
Super User

LordCope wrote:
Spinniest short pips I've used:

- 802-40
- Raystorm
- Donic Baxster F1A

All were good for blocking. Slightly less spinny, but still spinny for a SP, and really lovely for blocking was 105 Legend (sometimes considered MP)

I have a friend who uses Stiga Royal on her FH (and another friend who uses the same rubber, only on her BH instead), they both say it's very spinny and good for blocking. However, I've not tried it.

I did have a hit with friend's Stiga Radical a few weeks ago, and that was also good - lots of spin on serve, and good positive, controlled block and hit. I only used it for a few games, but it felt to me like a better Degu. However, this was an unfamiliar setup - inverted on the other side, on an ALL blade, so too many variables. However, it might be one to consider.

best is victas 102 in 1.8mm the more popular sp at prolevel

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2017, 16:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:
I've just picked up the Mizuno Boost SA Pips and they are hands down the spinniest blocking SP's I've ever tried.

D
What other SPs have you tried?

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2017, 17:12 
Super User

nathanso wrote:
SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:

D
What other SPs have you tried?

a lot moristo beautry hammond flare2 waran.....more