OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 07:15


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 00:01 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 01:58
Posts: 24
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Which rubber in your opinion guys is better for generate strong backspin in mid distance ?


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 00:05 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 00:31
Posts: 298
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Blade: VKMO
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Red Max
BH: TSP SSPC2 Black 1.9mm
SuperSpinPips is grippier and it's structure also helps to impart more spin (it's conical), so the latter can create more spin.

_________________
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive FL
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Max
BH: TSP SuperSpinPips Chop 2 1.9


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 20:56 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 00:31
Posts: 298
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Blade: VKMO
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Red Max
BH: TSP SSPC2 Black 1.9mm
However, they’re both good SP’s to chop with; either one would be good.

_________________
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive FL
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Max
BH: TSP SuperSpinPips Chop 2 1.9


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 04:27 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 04:18
Posts: 85
Location: Wakefield UK
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Blade: TSP 5.0
FH: Musa 2.0
BH: Keilar 1.8
Apparently spectol 1.8 chops much better than 1.5 or thinner. I have used the latter recently and for a short pip it does chop ok away from the table as not too fast.
Spinlord degu 2 is another non boosted short pip that is designed for more defensive play in particular chopping.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 05:14 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 24 Apr 2011, 11:24
Posts: 293
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 65 times
Blade: Hadraw Shield ST
FH: tsp super spinpips chop 2
BH: badman reloaded ox
Spinpips has zero 'deceptiveness' or sinking ability, from what I have seen. There is no weirdness to it at all, just a slightly less spinny inverted style rubber.

Spectol (both in 1.4-1.7mm) has great sinking effect. I was greatly surprised by this as well, seeing the strange ball path and slight wobble. Opponents noticed it right away as well, and their timing suffered as a result.

For spin generation, spinpips is the clear winning. But the double edge sword always applies there, more spin capability... more spin sensitivity. I personally prefer the spectol, since the spinpips is so inverted like I may as well just put back on a tackiness chop or reflectoid rubber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 06:06 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 01:58
Posts: 24
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Thanks guys for response. I will tell my friend that he should buy spectol with sponge 1.8 mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 10:21 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 00:31
Posts: 298
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Blade: VKMO
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Red Max
BH: TSP SSPC2 Black 1.9mm
I honestly think that everything you guys have said is pretty subjective; 1.8 being "better" than 1.5? Someone else could say the complete opposite; technique can also be a factor in that say. I think that your friend would find out best what he wants by trying out Spectol/SSP in person.

_________________
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive FL
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Max
BH: TSP SuperSpinPips Chop 2 1.9


Last edited by Danthespearton HQ on 30 Nov 2017, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 10:28 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 00:31
Posts: 298
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Blade: VKMO
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Red Max
BH: TSP SSPC2 Black 1.9mm
skilless_slapper wrote:
Spinpips has zero 'deceptiveness' or sinking ability, from what I have seen. There is no weirdness to it at all, just a slightly less spinny inverted style rubber.

Spectol (both in 1.4-1.7mm) has great sinking effect. I was greatly surprised by this as well, seeing the strange ball path and slight wobble. Opponents noticed it right away as well, and their timing suffered as a result.

For spin generation, spinpips is the clear winning. But the double edge sword always applies there, more spin capability... more spin sensitivity. I personally prefer the spectol, since the spinpips is so inverted like I may as well just put back on a tackiness chop or reflectoid rubber.

:lol: I'm pretty sure SP's aren't supposed to be "deceptive"
For one thing, the word "deception" could mean more than one thing. To some, it might mean spin reversal; to others, it could be wobbly effects. To me, it mostly means spin manipulation. When it comes to chopping, if you're looking for weirdness and spin reversal, SP's are the wrong place to look; they're mainly for being able to change up spin very well and being able to incorporate SP backhand attacks more often. You don't really see many professional LP defenders attack with there BH as much as, say, Yuto Muramatsu. As for sink effect (correct me if I'm wrong), don't you look for that in SP's that are used for offense? I'm pretty sure sink effect is the last thing a defender looks for in a chopping SP. And to be honest, even the slowest of SP's can generate a lot of pace when attacking.

_________________
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive FL
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Max
BH: TSP SuperSpinPips Chop 2 1.9


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 10:30 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 00:31
Posts: 298
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Blade: VKMO
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Red Max
BH: TSP SSPC2 Black 1.9mm
For all we know, he might choose a Butterfly SP to chop with :lol:

_________________
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive FL
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Max
BH: TSP SuperSpinPips Chop 2 1.9


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 13:51 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 24 Apr 2011, 11:24
Posts: 293
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 65 times
Blade: Hadraw Shield ST
FH: tsp super spinpips chop 2
BH: badman reloaded ox
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
I honestly think that everything you guys have said is pretty subjective; 1.8 being "better" than 1.5? Someone else could say the complete opposite; technique can also be a factor in that say. I think that your friend would find out best what he wants by trying out Spectol/SSP in person.


Well, of course all equipment is subjective. Though not everyone wants to buy 3-10 rubbers experimenting -- so getting the general consensus is the safest bet to start with.

And for weirdness in SP and wanting it or not, comes back to what the player is looking for. A lot of pro choppers use spectol, and a lot of attacking players used spectol. It has much different blocks compared to inverted, and as a result, less spin sensitivity when chopping.

But I think at the amateur level, choppers don't get into the same kind of rallies as the pros -- they can loop everything back. So over the table play might matter more to the amateur player, where the "weirdness" effects and whatnot will play a bigger role. Just something to consider. Whereas the spinpips 2 is like a mushy, slow, less spinny inverted rubber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2017, 03:20 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 00:31
Posts: 298
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Blade: VKMO
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Red Max
BH: TSP SSPC2 Black 1.9mm
skilless_slapper wrote:
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
I honestly think that everything you guys have said is pretty subjective; 1.8 being "better" than 1.5? Someone else could say the complete opposite; technique can also be a factor in that say. I think that your friend would find out best what he wants by trying out Spectol/SSP in person.


Well, of course all equipment is subjective. Though not everyone wants to buy 3-10 rubbers experimenting -- so getting the general consensus is the safest bet to start with.

And for weirdness in SP and wanting it or not, comes back to what the player is looking for. A lot of pro choppers use spectol, and a lot of attacking players used spectol. It has much different blocks compared to inverted, and as a result, less spin sensitivity when chopping.

But I think at the amateur level, choppers don't get into the same kind of rallies as the pros -- they can loop everything back. So over the table play might matter more to the amateur player, where the "weirdness" effects and whatnot will play a bigger role. Just something to consider. Whereas the spinpips 2 is like a mushy, slow, less spinny inverted rubber.

I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about SSPC1, not SSPC2. lol
For me personally, I use SSPC2 1.9mm and I find that it is still much less spin-sensitive compared to my old Butterfly premade. Receiving serves are so much easier imho.

_________________
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive FL
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Max
BH: TSP SuperSpinPips Chop 2 1.9


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2017, 06:47 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 24 Apr 2011, 11:24
Posts: 293
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 65 times
Blade: Hadraw Shield ST
FH: tsp super spinpips chop 2
BH: badman reloaded ox
Yeah, I've used the spinpips in ox (removed from sponge), .3-.6 and all the way up to the 1.9 on different sponges.

The basic thing is if you want to add more spin, use the spinpips. If you want to ignore more spin, the spectol. Sponges and thicknesses will play a role, but that's your money to spend! :lol: Smart option is to just pick one and stay with it. Same class of rubber with a few differences here and there. Now, why is it I can give that advice but can't take it myself :headbang: :cash: :cash:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: