OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2017, 14:46 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
millitall II was not working so bad for you. It look fluid. Your opponent was very frantic. As soon as you start to slow the game a bit with push, block and chop he started missing his ball. To anxious that guy !
We can see that the millitall had some of his own underspin at some point. IMO I found that you didn't attack to much with it. I think you prefere to twiddle the inverted side instead. The flat hit can be deadly for those opponent to trow them off pace.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2017, 16:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
maddrag wrote:
millitall II was not working so bad for you. It look fluid. Your opponent was very frantic. As soon as you start to slow the game a bit with push, block and chop he started missing his ball. To anxious that guy !
We can see that the millitall had some of his own underspin at some point. IMO I found that you didn't attack to much with it. I think you prefere to twiddle the inverted side instead. The flat hit can be deadly for those opponent to trow them off pace.

Yes, I never got comfy attacking with it. A stiffer blade, more offensive would have been better for that.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 05:03 
Super User

It is funny how everyone play differently. I was able to play strong counter with it ( against top spin)right at the bounce on a low position. The counter against Backspin was even easier. It just it was to slow. Maybe I can try a ticker sponge. So far I prefer my Agressor as it has a lot to offer IMO.

P.S defender-attack, I found a good femelle junior who start to play very well Laurenti Jamila. She's having an anti on the BH with inverted on FH. She's also twiddling. She's using it quite efficiently with short and long shot. Defense and some attacks with it. She's playing in the junior world championship on ITTV and you can find plenty of video on her. I Try to find her equipment but can't find it !

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2017, 14:51 

Blade: btf primorac carbon
FH: xiom omega iv pro
BH: hellcat Der M
Hi..how about comparison agressor and KO? I think KO most disruptive because the pips is soft.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2017, 00:11 
Super User

is anyone can help azuan as I don't know KO.

I ha d a 2 hours training with Shockwave yesterday morning. I wanted to know if paying with a MP that tend more toward an SP will be benefit fo me.

First I play with the agressor few minutes to have a fresh memory of how I play it and the reaction of the opponent toward it. I play with a very good player 2200 rating. A lot of top spin, can flat hit, loop and can defend too.

Best shot:
1- My bumps shot are very deadfull. toward his forehand,(from my right to left) very low,fast and skid on the table. For service return or attack against a float or backspin.
2- My service return is never affected by the opponent spin. It give a feeling of starting with confidence. Use bump, swap, pushes and chop block. I played last week against a chopper who use an Sp rubber that almost reacting like an anti and it was a breeze to return his chops. Just pock the ball slowly or faster to return the ball with dead ball very good topspin
3- Chop are deadly spinny. Can use it to attack on high ball.

Than I switch to shockwave.

Best shot:
1- The attack are like inverted. First I sent my attack outside and then closed the racket angle and start to hit correctly. Place right to left and can more the opponent to attack with my FH inverted rubber. I didn't have that feeling of dictating the exchange since I played with inverted rubber on my BH. As I gain weight since last year it was a bit of demanding physically. As I have to move more rapidly and precisely with this shot. My injured anckle didn't help eiher. I notice that hitting the ball from my left side, help hitting strongly as my body position with the right foot in front make a stronger contact and a bit flatter too. If I hit the ball more in front of me the ball just fly over the table.
2- strong pushes with my own backspin. Long,fast and difficult to bring bak without sending a high ball that I can attack. Too often the ball out as I didn't have the good angle.

P.S My bump are now to high with light topspin and not very dangerous. No chopblock that are dangerous. often go out of the table.

One difficult thing for me is to judge the speed and spin of the ooponent as the rubber is influence a bit by it. Too strong rections send the ball ourside of the table and too smooth I got an attack from the opponent. Too strong shop and I send the ball in the net.

On the ooposite the agressor is acting positively to a strong chop or or strong bump as the ball goes lower. The ball still reverse and stay to a low position on smoother shot. The difference between a strong and a smooth shot is not that big as the agressor ruber is not affected by the opponent spin. to summaryse I would say that the agressor can be play passively and actively without given high chance to be easily attack by the opponent. With the shockwave you have to be agressive or you will be killed.

Then I played the monday night chalenge at the club. I decide to play shockwave. The first game was ok but not more.miss to much shot. I can play my bh atack an dit was difficult to the oppponent, Won 3-2.
The next one is a looper. He served very shot with no spin. I start to restrein myself and play passively, Big mistake. He pass through me too easily with his loop. Never been able to unfroze myslef I was very angr at myself as I was not playing the ball correctly. Lost 3-2

Finaly I played the best player of the club. 500 pts over me. He's a big looper, good serves and vary all his shot. As he saw me playing badly to the other player I decided to play with the agressor. It tok me a game to recover my shot. Then my ball placement, bump and return serves were finding the table. He still won 3-0 but the last 2 games I served for the match and it was very close.

So I decide I will stay with the Agressor and practice my counter and block as I saw in many video.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018, 16:07 
Super User

Due to ankle injury I was not able to play. Now I'm back and went for a 3 hrs training with the agressor.

After reading a lot about this Mp and seen video I'm now convinced that it is a rubber for me.

It has the best of all: defense with a lot of reversal and all kind of shot and attack with counter and bumps with a low trajectory and reversal.

A very good aspect of it that I start to devellop is to change the speed of the ball at will. It is cover plenty in different sites. The long pips make you able to slow down the ball when played passively or more tangently. As the pips has big pips (2.1 diameter). It make you able to reduce the speed and spin of the ball. So you can play the opponent by making hesitating of what is the next shot that will come to him. Short and slow or long and fast ? A small angle change it all. More angle = slower. More perpendicular = direct impact = faster.

I really have a very good time to see the opponent going far from the table because I attacked him
and see him waiting for the next shot that never come because my attack with a bat with an angle just not go long as he thought. The same shot but different angle. Very deceptfull.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 02:21 
Super User

hello I'm back in my topic.

I did wrote a lot about the agressor 1.3 mm and 1.5 mm that I just bought, in an other topics " Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack" from page 62 to 64. So go read about it and then come back.

THe style I want is to force underspin shot from the opponant so I can attack it with my forehand loop or my BH Mp agressor. You create that by varying the lenght and the speed of my shot to unstabilise the opponant so he can just push or chop back.

Also I'm pretty good at bloking near the table as nearest to the net and place the ball. The further from the table the topspin is coming from, the better I can block. Whatever speed or spin. DHS Skyline is pretty good at this.

A good exemple to watch is Xiyao Pamela song ( 2280) who play Lp on BH and MP on FH. You can see her and read about her in OOAK and on Youtube.

I invited you to comment on this or question me I will be happy to answer . ;)

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 12:24 
Super User

I played 3 hours with the 1.5 mm agressor and the 1,3 mm today. played with 2 good players. An attacker and a chopper.

This is a small comparaison:

Chop: the 1,3mm has great US, slower speed but tons of US. The 1,5 mm has greater speed but less US. The attacker didn't have any problems to push back or attack the 1,5mm ball if not placed away from the opponant, . The speed and lack of US was easier to control for the opponant. I need to chop more horizontaly and the ball was more floating. I sent the ball off the table too often.

Push: Not much reversal on the 1.5mm. You can create a bit of your own pips. The ball float more. The 1,3 has great reversal with a sinking ball that trouble the player. Handling floating ball is a bit easier with the 1,5 mm has you create more of your spin. But other shots can be use to solve that 1,3 mm problem with float.

Block chop: 1,3 can turn good blockchop. Not very heavy but low and floating that is very difficult to handle. The 1,5mm is Very difficult to execute.

Hit: the 1,3 mm hit is excellent against float or underspin. Hit against topspin is also possible. A more passive counter or flat hit is favorable. The speed is still good as it use the speed of the opponant.A variable kind of hit can be done depending of the opponant shot ( speed, height, spin) Very fast sinking, flat hit, hit with closed blade, flip, roll over, bump. Often the ball is not returned from the opponant has the ball is sinking and often unsuspected reversal. The 1,5 mm has less variable shot. More speedy, often with closer blade angle. unless at a high speed counter , it doesn't have the sinking effect. You tend to always want to attack the ball. The opponant is more in a known context of play with inverted thus more easy to play for him. The flat hit is more difficult to do as you don't have the same direct control feeling. It's more a matter of hit or miss.

Type of play: 1,3 mm : play the variable. Good defense, good offense weird shot, good control. The ball is slow and low with US than bam ! the ball is hit with good velocity and sinking effect. Its the all around rubber with excellent spin for the modern defender.

Type of play: 1,5 mm : PLay more offensively, The SP attacker type. Rapidity and placement is the kind of play.

Finaly I was very surprise of this big difference for only ,2mm.

Much funnier to play with all the variable possible of the 1,3mm. The only thing they have in common is the need to be committed to your shot to succeed.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018, 02:36 
Super User

Aftremany poor game I went to see my long coach chinese player A in China. The result after looking at me is : Change of blade. Too stiff, too hard. So I decide to buy the all Around blade in the agressor video in you tube: The firewall Plus all around.

Made of Balsa, it is known for good control a lot of spin and soft touch for bank hand with pimple.

I played so far for abour 6 hours. A lot of diffrence: The ball is more spinny but less fast. The result is the topspin ball fall on the table 90% of the time. I can vary the spin and the arc. Great for side spin and love for the fishing.

With the agressor on the backhand, the ball are more easy to control due to the soft touch. A little bit less of reverse but not very noticeable compare with the easy placement I can make. My blade need to be more horizontal and quite honnestly better to coordinate with my forehand. Same position as my forhand loop. Before I have to stand back up right more. So it was up and down position transition between bh and FH. I can also more easily block the ball very low and with speed change.

I was so happy to see my topspin landing on the table at a high frequence that I put my BH on rest. Before I was playing 60% BH and 40% FH. NOw I regained my topspin with 80% FH and 20% BH.

Very promising.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018, 02:37 
Super User

After many poor gamse I went to see my long coach chinese player A in China. The result after looking at me is : Change of blade. Too stiff, too hard. So I decide to buy the all Around blade in the agressor video in you tube: The firewall Plus all around.

Made of Balsa, it is known for good control a lot of spin and soft touch for bank hand with pimple.

I played so far for abour 6 hours. A lot of diffrence: The ball is more spinny but less fast. The result is the topspin ball fall on the table 90% of the time. I can vary the spin and the arc. Great for side spin and love for the fishing.

With the agressor on the backhand, the ball are more easy to control due to the soft touch. A little bit less of reverse but not very noticeable compare with the easy placement I can make. My blade need to be more horizontal and quite honnestly better to coordinate with my forehand. Same position as my forhand loop. Before I have to stand back up right more. So it was up and down position transition between bh and FH. I can also more easily block the ball very low and with speed change.

I was so happy to see my topspin landing on the table again at a high frequence that I put my BH on rest. Before I was playing 60% BH and 40% FH. NOw I regained my topspin with 80% FH and 20% BH.

Very promising.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 23:47 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Hi guys, How about Agressor comparing to Keiler?

Soba

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 22:37 
Super User

didn't play keller . sorry. Anyone know that answer ?

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2018, 04:56 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Played Aggressor and Keiler. :punch:

I played Aggressor 1.5 and Keiler 1.5 on DonicWSUC. Good match for both rubbers.
In general: Found the Keiler more controllable en less funky than aggressor.
Aggressor pips are bigger and longer dan the keiler. Keiler has better grip than Aggressor which I liked.
I found Keiler very easy to play with. Good control but with a minimum on deception. Good for allround type of play with excellent control. How more active the keiler, to more deception you get. But that is with all the rubbers. In Defence it is very controlable but nut much reversal.
But on the other hand I loved the deception with Aggressor in passive and active shots. It’s just more difficult to play with. But if you can handle the rubber your play can be very dangerous. :devil:
It’s like i said before, if Aggressor had more grip, it was the perfect rubber for me. 8)

Maddrag i was wondering how 0.2 could have such a big difference in playing.
Would like to play 1.3 instead of 1.5. Have some questions, maybe you can help me to find an answer:
Is it easier for opening backspin (not hitting, but give a type of topspin ball) ?
And blocking topspin passive with 1.3 ?
Is the push controllable ?

Maddrag, which blade did you use before you played with firewall Plus ?
Because you did a switch with a view to Aggressor 1.3.
My blade matches Aggressor in 1.5, i suppose it will match 1.3 also.. ;)

Hope this can help a bit for you guys.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2018, 02:05 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Good comparison thanks. Keiler is not inherently a disruptive rubber like Aggressor being quite neutral and not dangerous on passive strokes no doubt due to the shorter pips. Where Keiler really excels on the b/h at least is dangerous blocks/ counter hits against top spin and lifting back spin. As the stroke and bat angle against topspin is very similar to inverted so it looks like a normal inverted block, loopers invariably net their next shot not expecting the fast low bounce. Aggressive lifting deep chops and backspin serves is also easy with Keiler due to the decent grip and very easy to place in the corners. Yes you can create a lot of dangerous swerve and deception with Keiler but it has to be deliberate from active strokes.

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 07:11 
Super User

Bj20

Like all other rubber, the thickness of the sponge give a little bit more control but you loose some distortion effect. More thickness bring you more to.sp and thinner sponge to lp.

I.found that there is prejudice to say lp.is defense automatically. If you do.backspin instead topspin its "defense". So.people start to get surprise when I start to attack the opponent with all kind of spin. Ex: i got lob than i just hit this high ball with heavy fast rip chop. They usually never come back. Thev1.3 mm for me make me able to actively play the ball with good spin that does. Withot sending it outside of the table. I'm always play fh and bh with fast and strong swing. With the 1.5 i often sending the ball ouside so i start to secure my shot and become a tame player.

I.play in a club with a monday night competition. When i.start a new equipment i.lost games but time i.became dangerous. i'm most often going all in.

I change blade to gain control without loosing the distorsion of the rubber. I.just found that instead of changing blade is better than changing thickness of the sponge. I was playing with matsushita offensive. 95 gr. Heavy and hard mohogany wood. It was too.fast forbthebnearbtable play. Far from.the table its easier.but its about 20% of my game. Now firewall plus is 64 gr. Very soft on slow or soft play and like trampoine of fast direct shot. My fh is a bit slower but much more spinnier with a ratio of over 80% on the table. Before maybe 60%. I can make variation on.top and backspin. Fast or slow shot. And with serves also. I like to spend time with a robot to.see the reaction of my different shot and tame that new equipment but time is missing.

You.can.hit counter a topspin.with many position and change the return. Yesterday a player was sending me sidechop serves. It took me 2 games to tame it . finally i was heavily block chopping them. That was it . the return become very difficult for him.

The agressor is quite something and need to be understood to play the multi.variation that you can find in lp ans sp. Only when i tame this one i.may switch to 1.5.

The word is deception. On push, more you open your blade more your shot should start higher and finish lower. If hit at the rebond the pips pick the ball heavily and send it very low top and and fast if hit rapidly. Atbsome point despite to hit very hard the ball just grab more and never goes outside. But only experience will g8ve the certitude that it will stay on the table and you will never doubt of how heavy you need to.push the ball. You will start on the attacking mode

Closed the racket than your swing is more horizintal. On.very short backspinny ball i will do a bump a bit up. The ball is vary fast and very low no spin or top spin ball. So if short ball is only response with. Regular push. You will miss some in the net. Understand the equipment is key.

For countering the racket is pointing up. I'm standing in a crunch position and feel that my hole body is stopping the ball. The racket is closing as more topsin it has. The return is very low and impossible to.stopspin.again. the ball is just full of backpin with no height. To topspin. I can only do this shot when the opponant is further from.the table tlso the bounce is low and fast and i can be ready.. Other high top spi with high bounce i will more upright and closed the racket and just withdraw the racket when the ball hit the blad so the contact 8s vry lowm thevpimples to the rest and stop the ball. A smash loop will be return with a chop further from the table.

Hopevitbanswer your question.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!