OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2017, 19:03 

Blade: Butterfly Primorac
FH: Thibar Evolution FX-P
BH: Thibar Evolution FX-P
Dear All,
As I am new here I would like to welcome everybody.
I play tt for over 2 years and for half a year have a rubber fitted by the trainer to my skills.
What do you think about that combination of blade/rubber is it ok.
For me I have learned a lot and improved a lot since these rubbers are on my blade but I put it more down to a lot of training rather than rubbers itself.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2017, 06:30 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Hi bykrzys and welcome.

I use Tibhar Evolution FX-P on my forehand only. I have found it to be fairly good. I have had it for a year and it is showing signs of wear, but is still grippy. I have used the same blade for 20 years or so, so cannot make any comment on the Primorac.

What sort of game do you play? I myself am a retriever and back hand dominant player, and have been playing without gaps of more than a year since 1982.

Placing more emphasis on training rather than equipment is unusual. Wise, but unusual.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2017, 07:10 

Hallo
Nice to hear from you.
Comparing to your experience I am really a beginner with 2 years of playing and only 6months of fx-p rubbers. I have made the biggest progress with these rubbers therefore I will not change them unless I find it really necessary.
Having not so much experience it is hard for me to describe my style but it seems to me like more offensive and I need to improve the quality of off shots in order not to loose so many points. I noticed that sometimes I have to back off and slow down with attacks and then I can gain more points.
My experience is so low that I even do not understand why many players are using different rubbers on fh and bh (softer I noticed).

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2017, 09:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Can't remember how long it's been since I bought the sheet of MX-P I play with, it's been some months. It sort of slowed down after a month, I took it off, as many have reported here, it had shrunk. Maybe 3mm all the way around, no wonder it had slowed down. I Seamooned it, put it back on, it was OK after that, kept repeating this every 4-6 weeks or so. Now it looks pretty grotty and it's shrunk again (even without removing from the blade - I can see 3mm of wood all the way around again) so it's time for another Seamoon treatment (though maybe I'll try Falco this time). Or maybe it's time for a sheet of something else (maybe I'll use one of those sheets of Kangaroo I've had sitting around since the New Year).

Whereever this comes from, it comes heavily boosted from the factory.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2017, 09:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think the FX-P is quite a forgiving rubber, and although it's quite fast (and spinny), on an off- blade like the Primorac, it should be quite controllable after some practice.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2017, 11:41 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Soft rubbers on a carbon blade is a good match. Specially if you are looking for more control and more feel to the ball.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 04:38 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
You may want to look at switching to the newer FXS which is said to be produce more spin with better control than FXP especially if you tend to hit long or need more arc over the net when looping.

Very good comparison review by Patrick Hrdlicka of all the Tibhar rubbers on tabletennis11.com

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 18:48 

ChasFox
Thanks for the info about the article. It is great.