OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014, 15:30 

hi, everyone i'm new here at ooakforum and really glad to be a member.

I have question about dr.neubauer gorilla (old) and goriila with abs sponge(new)

I've found the old gorilla with 0.6 sponge give me the best reversal but it is fast with less control so i have more practice

I never try gorilla with abs sponge but someone thougth I maybe loss a little reversal (not so much )from original , then you get more control which is worthy

really?

thankyou

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014, 16:50 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Abs Sponge? (Chuckling because gorillas have really big abs... and six-packs..)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014, 18:45 

But diffence is new abs sponge no available in 0.6 . so I choose original sponge 0.6 to compare with abs 1.2 because I prefer the thinnest.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2017, 11:29 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
so, i found this topic with search bcs i have the same question...

is there someone that tried it both so they can compare?

i have bought a sheet of 1.2mm black the other day and i dont know which version is it (local seller also didnt know)...there was no ABS sponge or similar writing or sticker on the cover, but when i go to Dr. N. site and open both links i see that the covers are the same there too...

mine had a glue sheet on it, if that help a bit...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2017, 17:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:
so, i found this topic with search bcs i have the same question...

is there someone that tried it both so they can compare?

i have bought a sheet of 1.2mm black the other day and i dont know which version is it (local seller also didnt know)...there was no ABS sponge or similar writing or sticker on the cover, but when i go to Dr. N. site and open both links i see that the covers are the same there too...

mine had a glue sheet on it, if that help a bit...

Should be ABS with that thickness. But you can feel the spinge hardness, original is soft like a normal inverted sponge, ABS should be like your own ABS-anti-sponge.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2017, 02:10 
Super User

hm, yes, but on the back of the cover it also says that the best effect is with 0.6mm sponge, and that is only on a regular verison...can you compare the colors of the sponges of abs vs regular?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2017, 02:12 
Super User

This are the pictures ImageImage

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018, 11:10 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Just got a new sheet of .6 gorilla -- but no instruction sheet was inside the packaging (that I saw).

Is the original gorilla meant to be attached using a glue sheet, or just water based glue?

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018, 16:47 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

skilless_slapper wrote:
Just got a new sheet of .6 gorilla -- but no instruction sheet was inside the packaging (that I saw).

Is the original gorilla meant to be attached using a glue sheet, or just water based glue?

Regular water based glue should do fine. But be careful removing (and don’t glue it too well) it since the sponge and top sheet are easily seperated.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018, 07:19 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

Regular water based glue should do fine. But be careful removing (and don’t glue it too well) it since the sponge and top sheet are easily seperated.

All the others I've had came with a glue sheet -- so when I started peeling this one off the gorilla, I noticed it was coming off VERY easily! Turns out, I had been pulling the white sponge off the rubber... lol Not too much, thankfully and it was simple enough to press back on.

I know you've used both, so do you think gorilla is faster than the anti-power from Dr N? I'm looking to play with the fastest slick anti for quick blocks and lethal attacks.

I haven't glued on the gorilla yet, but as of now my preference is for the 1.0 DMS diabolic. I also have a .6 transformer and .6 mega-block ready to test, though those feel slower on bounce tests.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018, 07:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I haven’t tried my 0,6 Gorilla yet. But 1,0 is faster than my 1,5 Power attack and faster than any antis I have tried. It is a little similar to 1,6 mm DTecS - shoots like a rocket on a thick hit but somewhat slow an low impact and thin hits.

Gorilla is a lot faster than Diabolic and has more grip. Deceptiveness lies in the odd arc and it is difficult to read the spin from it.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018, 09:10 
Super User

speed from faster to slower: gorilla>diabolic>transformer>megablock...

i havent tryed anti power...

and a question pls, gorilla that u got is ABS or normal sponge? and what color was the sponge?

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2018, 02:27 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
speed from faster to slower: gorilla>diabolic>transformer>megablock...

i havent tryed anti power...

and a question pls, gorilla that u got is ABS or normal sponge? and what color was the sponge?

It is the original gorilla in .6 sponge color that is white, from what I can tell.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2018, 10:11 
Super User

ok tnx...so mine pinkish one is definitely an abs...s***...it means i need to order another... :angel:

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2018, 14:48 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
ok tnx...so mine pinkish one is definitely an abs...s***...it means i need to order another... :angel:

Sounds about right -- I went for the fastest one, and gorilla is the only Dr N rubber made with .6 (anti spin). With reduced spin reversal, the short blocks aren't overly troublesome for most players. Meaning they have time to reach them with a dinky hit and at least return them. I haven't tested the gorilla in play yet, but I'm hopeful it will have enough reversal to allow the attacking of back spin balls and still have good speed to it. I enjoyed the LP blocking from a speed standpoint, however hitting was trickier against back spin. If I could get the pace of OX LP with the reversal of anti, I'd be a happy camper I think... bah, who am I kidding! That'd last a week and I'd be off to try another rubber!