OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 09:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dr N Gangster
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 00:26 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
Got a little delay in my schedule to test the rubber.. I was able to get the glusheet off but the bottom of the rubber is very sticky now and the rubber is not sticking to itself.. I have to somehow remove the glue from the bottom of the rubber..

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 04:21 
Super User

I hear what you say about the cayman blade but have tried the cayman and many more I firmly believe the gangster on the Dr N special blade is thee one. Unbelievable combination and also the best blade for flat hits on any underspin or even topspin balls.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 08:51 

Blade: dr neubauer barricade
FH: spinart
BH: gangster
Thats interesting about flat hitting topspin, i never was able to do that even with the frictionless lp. I have a dr n titan blade wonder if anyone has tried gangster on it , i must add i only play ox on lp.setting my game out with cayman and mastering chop block shot as the man i practiced against is a good allrounder and that shot against him caused errors every time.but knowledge is power and you learn something every day playing tt

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2017, 05:26 
Super User

I flat hit top spins / loops early - off the bounce. Works really well with a low arc and if opponent manages to hit it invariably to goes straight into the net. It really is a great combination and I’m surprised not many people use Dr N special blade.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 23:27 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Here is our (german) review of the Gangster (red, ox): https://youtu.be/JZHLw9ia_Sk

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2017, 22:33 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Croudy wrote:
Here is our (german) review of the Gangster (red, ox): https://youtu.be/JZHLw9ia_Sk

Danke!!

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 02:39 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Croudy wrote:

Could someone translate the essential points (no need for a verbatim translation of the whole thing)? Thanks.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 05:10 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Croudy wrote:

Could someone translate the essential points (no need for a verbatim translation of the whole thing)? Thanks.

What the commentary in the video said is that the rubber did not have a big disturbing effect but was good for many different strokes and had excellent control. Especially for the aggressive push against underspin (aka Druckschlupf), the rubber was excellent.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 06:03 
Super User

Saw the video but I’m not sure they played the rubber as to get full effect. The height on the blocks and pushes were far to high. I’ve experience with low throw and if you put a bit extra into the shots even the ‘passive’ ones the disturbance is very good. They did attack with the gangster either which is one of its strengths.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2017, 11:41 

I just played with it for a few hours on the Fibercomp. I liked it a lot! Nothing disturbing about it but the control is really good. I could also hit with it. I managed to play very long low blocks to the left. If you put the paddle at a slight angle, the ball barely bounces on the other side which gae my opponent a lot of trouble. Overall, I was very pleased today. If the durability is ok, I'll stick with this one for a while.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 02:39 

Ok, a problem with the Gangster. Durability. Damn. I really liked this rubber. It's super controllable, gives decent backspin, attacks incoming backspin v well and it's easy to hit with. I attack mainly with my FH but have been hitting much more with the OX recently--since the new bloody ball came in--and this may have something to do with it, but the sheet of red OX Gangsta that I bought in October has now lost 3 pips right smack in the middle of the rubber. I play about 3/4 times a week and like I say, I've been hitting more with the pips but that accounts for maybe 15% of my shots. 85% blocks and pushes. I do drills as well with them, so yeah, they are getting a lot of work but no more than Dtecs and Talon I've used for the past number of years, both of which lasted for ages without losing a pip. I still have a sheet of Talon that is, seriously, 4 years old and completely intact.

All in all, I am disappointed, as I really liked the Gangster but at 33£ a sheet, I can't be replacing it every 3 months. I've decided I'm gonna use it tomorrow in my league match--I've had some great results with it--if the other team doesn't object, and then go back to DTecs, of which I have a sheet on a backup blade. If the other team objects to the missing pips? Back up blade with the DTecs despite not training with it for the past 3 months! Ah well...back to the drawing board.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 04:27 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Yeah, it's not as bad as the Dr. N Viper, where I sometimes started losing pips after as little as a month or two, but it does start to lose pips after awhile. It's annoying because a new sheet is not only expensive but also needs a week or so to be broken in and get sufficiently soft that I can play my best game with it. But, as of now, I don't know of a better long pips blocking rubber.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 09:30 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
Yeah, it's not as bad as the Dr. N Viper, where I sometimes started losing pips after as little as a month or two, but it does start to lose pips after awhile. It's annoying because a new sheet is not only expensive but also needs a week or so to be broken in and get sufficiently soft that I can play my best game with it. But, as of now, I don't know of a better long pips blocking rubber.

this remind me of DG so much... :(

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 14:16 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

111Iceman111 wrote:

this remind me of DG so much... :(

No, it's not quite THAT fragile.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 01:40 

Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1- 1.9MM
BH: GD Meteorite .05MM

I've logged over 100 hours of play time with this rubber and have yet to loose a single pip. Although definitely took over a week to be broken in.

III. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood; FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1mm; BH: Victas V > 01 Stiff 2.0mm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next