OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 02:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
manofan wrote:
Lol the layout of the rating is from DONIC hahahha

You're right, I only just noticed that! :lol: Perhaps it an ESN thing?

10+??? 10+++??? No one ever heard of 11 or 12... :lol: :lol: What does Tenergy cost in Britain??

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 13:28 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Iskandar Taib
Quote:
What does Tenergy cost in Britain??

Tenergy is £54 from the Authorized supplier, Tees Sport. Rakza X can be had for £38. This is why i buy H3, from China.

Incidentally, looking back, I see you were querying paying VAT on goods you buy in EU. Everyone who is final purchaser pays VAT, which is included in the quoted price (as opposed to say, the US, where everything seems to be quoted exclusive of tax. When I look at TT11, the prices all include VAT). However, if you take an item out of the country to a non-EU state, you can reclaim the VAT. You need to fill in a form at point of purchase. Or, at least, that was the case when I worked in retail in the last century.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 19:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

darucla wrote:
Incidentally, looking back, I see you were querying paying VAT on goods you buy in EU. Everyone who is final purchaser pays VAT, which is included in the quoted price (as opposed to say, the US, where everything seems to be quoted exclusive of tax. When I look at TT11, the prices all include VAT). However, if you take an item out of the country to a non-EU state, you can reclaim the VAT. You need to fill in a form at point of purchase. Or, at least, that was the case when I worked in retail in the last century.

Yeah, that's my experience as well, when I was in Holland for a few months. Bought items mail order from Germany, paid Netherlands "VAT", got a letter to get a refund at the airport.

If I order things from TT11, there's no VAT on the price (since I'm outside Europe). If the total order comes to less than USD100 (including shipping) then I don't have to pay local import taxes either. Local VAT is only 6% but they don't charge that on small imported items.

Iskandar

Goes to 11
Goes to 11

darucla wrote:

Yeah, that's my experience as well, when I was in Holland for a few months. Bought items mail order from Germany, paid Netherlands "VAT", got a letter to get a refund at the airport.

If I order things from TT11, there's no VAT on the price (since I'm outside Europe). If the total order comes to less than USD100 (including shipping) then I don't have to pay local import taxes either. Local VAT is only 6% but they don't charge that on small imported items.

Iskandar

Goes to 11
Goes to 11

darucla wrote:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 10:47 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
"What I tell you three times is true."?

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 23:06 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That's why I hate posting using a phone.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2018, 18:30 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Just bought a sheet - in Chiangmai again, just found the table tennis shop and decided to buy something. Interesting that several people agree that X has less spinal than seven, even though Yasaka says X is rated 10+++ while 7 is rated only 10++.... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2018, 04:35 
Super User

Blade: VKMO (FL)
FH: Gambler Volt-T black
BH: TSP Spectol Blue 1.5 red
Less spin on serves, or less spin on loops? I'm far from an expert, but there's probably a difference based on whether you're engaging the sponge.

Currently experimenting with short pips:
VKMO+ Gambler Volt-T + TSP Spectol Blue (1.5)
Joola CWX + Nittaku Hurricane III Pro Turbo Orange + Spinlord Gepard (1.8 )

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2018, 13:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The blurb on the cover mentions it has a new kind of surface that grabs the ball better, so you'd expect more spin with serves AND loops, yet the consensus seems the opposite. 7 does seem to be a Baracuda equivalent, slowish but really spinny. X seems almost Chinese like, at least as far as the sponge is concerned.. deadish with slow balls and fast with a more active stroke. Me being me, it probably wouldn't make any difference.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2018, 19:41 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Sounds like 7 will produce more spin for the average player due to the soft sponge but X being harder will ultimately produce more spin for the power looper.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2018, 23:10 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
ChasFox wrote:
Sounds like 7 will produce more spin for the average player due to the soft sponge but X being harder will ultimately produce more spin for the power looper.
I agree with your assessment easily :up: my friend was using it and left a distinguishing mark from his hard hitting topspins. Like hammertongs topspins:lol: I would say RX isn't durable while R7 lasts quite a while!Despite 2nd 3rd 4th hand players all of them heavy smashers loopers. :-D still R7 is on a colleagues blade as a loaner :-)still topsheet and rubber doing their job :clap:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7