OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 08:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2014, 20:51 

I am an OX LP player and just bought a FL3 1,3mm and put it on a Gionis Panagiotis OFF blade after testing a FL2 on a Korbel SK7 - as a close to the table player I thought FL3 might suit me better. Gionis himself plays FL2 on a similar blade(Peter Korbel modified) and I understand FL3 is slower and more controlable.

Am I correct that this rubber can be played on a OFF blade? Is there a huge difference compared to playing it on a Def blade?

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2014, 06:01 
Super User

Ruwen Filus plays FL3 on a Timo Boll Spark blade which is an Off- (and Tenergy on his forehand....). there are many videos of him playing....

Ian

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2014, 06:01 
Super User

delete double

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2014, 07:21 

ian demagi wrote:
Ruwen Filus plays FL3 on a Timo Boll Spark blade which is an Off- (and Tenergy on his forehand....). there are many videos of him playing....

Ian

According to this website he plays FL2. Did he change recently?

http://www.tischtennis.de/topsport/spie ... wen-Filus/

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2014, 15:33 

For 1.3 mm sponge is not much deference, I think.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014, 02:21 
Super User

Well, fIII is probably the slowest pip ever, so it will always be slow, but the difference between an off and a def blade is still big... it always depends on your prefecence

Btw Ruwen Filus has been playing FIII 1.1 mm for many years now (probably every match of him on youtube is played with that pip). He probably used FII in his younger days, maibe when FIII didn't exist, i don't know how old is that LP... and the actual blade is Joo Se Hyuk... look at the pictures in his thread in pimple/anti vid section

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2014, 04:11 
Super User

adrianm wrote:
ian demagi wrote:

Ian

According to this website he plays FL2. Did he change recently?

http://www.tischtennis.de/topsport/spie ... wen-Filus/

To my knowledge he uses FL3 as another poster said, however; Panagiotis Gionis uses FL2

Ian

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2014, 05:09 
Super User

That site link also has him using Bryce instead of Tenengy.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2014, 06:51 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
Ruwen used to play Bryce ,Joyner Hinoki blade and FL2, when he was Young, speed glue days...

Now he change betwin Joo and TBspark, but is for sure FL3...
BTW Joo is a def blade with off speed...

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2017, 23:47 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Andro Rasanter r47 2.3mm
BH: S&T Hellfire 0.9
I used P4 (very similar to F3) on a few blades. I'm currently using it on JSH, which is quite fast for a defensive blade, and is working very well. I used to have it on Primorac off-, which is pretty fast, and after a bit of getting used to it, it was great. The soft sponge it has gives it plenty of control, at least on P4, so the blade doesn't cause too much problems if it's fast.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 07:47 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
is FL3 the easiest to control and can pair well with say Stiga Clipper?
Excuse me if this question is dumb but why is the Joo blade rated Def but plays like OFF? Does that mean its as fast as a Clipper?

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 11:09 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Ndragon wrote:
is FL3 the easiest to control and can pair well with say Stiga Clipper?
Excuse me if this question is dumb but why is the Joo blade rated Def but plays like OFF? Does that mean its as fast as a Clipper?

Haha, it's not a dumb question :D TT is great because people are friendly and not judgemental. And yeah, I said in your other post that the Joo is pretty fast.

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 12:09 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
FL3 is one of the slowest... if control to you means low speed, then yes, it's probably the LP with the most control esepcially in thicker sponges. However, it's also very spin sensitive compared to other LPs. Meaning, more susceptible to incoming spin... which translates to needing more precise hits etc. so if spin sensitivity is what you base control on, then no, it's not the most controllable LP.

In my view, the LPs with the least amount of grip are the easiest to control regardless of speed if you are chopping off the table. They are also the most one dimensional though, in that you rely on your opponent's incoming spin and cannot generate much yourself. Something like d.techs or joola badman. With those, you basically just have to control the incoming speed and don't worry about the spin. Same with the frictionless anti.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 03:06 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
skilless_slapper wrote:
FL3 is one of the slowest... if control to you means low speed, then yes, it's probably the LP with the most control esepcially in thicker sponges. However, it's also very spin sensitive compared to other LPs. Meaning, more susceptible to incoming spin... which translates to needing more precise hits etc. so if spin sensitivity is what you base control on, then no, it's not the most controllable LP.

In my view, the LPs with the least amount of grip are the easiest to control regardless of speed if you are chopping off the table. They are also the most one dimensional though, in that you rely on your opponent's incoming spin and cannot generate much yourself. Something like d.techs or joola badman. With those, you basically just have to control the incoming speed and don't worry about the spin. Same with the frictionless anti.

Interesting. When you say 'especially in thicker sponges' why would that be the case? Wouldn't the sponge give increased speed? how does that relate to more control?
Also between FL3 and Dtecs where would you put 388D and PR1?

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 07:00 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Ndragon wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

Interesting. When you say 'especially in thicker sponges' why would that be the case? Wouldn't the sponge give increased speed? how does that relate to more control?
Also between FL3 and Dtecs where would you put 388D and PR1?

He’s saying that thicker sponges would be slower SPECIFICALLY for the FL3, because the sponge is very soft and very dampening. The sponge’s properties for FL3 are like a soft cushion. It makes sense actually if you think about it; if you throw a ball against a hard surface, the rebound will be hard and fast, whereas if you threw the ball against a pile of cotton, it’s so soft that it cushions the ball and there would be almost no bounce. Keep in mind this is SPECIFICALLY about the FL3’s sponge. 388D from what I’ve read will be faster than FL3, and definitely should be slower than DTecs from what I’ve read, but I’m not too sure. I’m also pretty sure that P1-R is in between.

Rating: Recreational Player