OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2018, 05:27 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
If anyone is interested. I will post updates and hopefully videos of my TT progress and few training/matches if possible

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2018, 03:09 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
I’m very intrigued. Really want to see some match play from you XD

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2018, 07:31 
Super User

Blade: Re-impact Tachi
FH: Palio Thor's
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Brilliant timing as I’m currently considering trying a pip with sponge.

Blade: Re-Impact Tachi. BH: Grass DTecS (ox, new version) FH: Palio Thor's max

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 08:04 
Super User

Danthespearton HQ wrote:
I’m very intrigued. Really want to see some match play from you XD

eyyy ma boy.
Most people don't like to be filmed, in fact I don't even know someone that will say yes except for my training partner or possibly people lower level than me.

I played tonight for 3 hours again against 2 opponents lower lvl whom I have played a few times. I am definitely not at the same standard yet to using inverted on BH, but I have so much fun I don't care and just motivates me more to get better.

I have issues close to table tbh, even service receive isn't straight forward with the FL2. The 388D and Dtecs much better at the table (being OX helps). But I'm getting there slowly slowly. If I can get some more games in against the same opponents for sure I will learn the table play quicker.
I still beat them both 3-0, 3-1, 3-0. But I gave away too many free points, or found myself having to give a defensive shot and starting again rethinking how to win the point. But honestly its so much fun, I enjoy longer rallies, more intense :P

I will maybe try to film next weekend, but I kinda wanted to wait on filming match play until I am satisfied I mostly lose because I get out played and not on too many unforced errors

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 08:39 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Dawei 388-D=Dawei 388-Diabolo? Really? Never heard that one before.
It sounded like you were talking about Feint III when you were talking about Feint II.

I'm curious about your vlog. Subscribed to it by posting this message.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 20:27 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
It sounded like you were talking about Feint III when you were talking about Feint II.

I could be wrong but its written like that

https://bribartt.co.uk/product/dawei-38 ... is-rubber/

You subscribed on here or on YouTube? I will try to keep this page updated too then if thats the case.

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 22:24 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Ndragon wrote:
You subscribed on here or on YouTube? I will try to keep this page updated too then if thats the case.

Both. ;)

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2018, 06:12 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Ndragon wrote:
Lorre wrote:

I could be wrong but its written like that

https://bribartt.co.uk/product/dawei-38 ... is-rubber/

That is regular Dawei 388D, the one I have used a lot. Great for chopping, very forgiving and great back spin.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2018, 18:38 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
Iirc Dawei (like great or excellent) has 388A, B, C and D which is pimples in, short pips, medium pips and long pips. I didn't expect someone would give it a meaning like D for diablo.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2018, 03:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I did wonder where Bribar got the Diablo from.
Diablo=Devil :devil: in some languages

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2018, 21:15 
Super User

After some training I will just post a little update with the 388D and Dtecs and say that both are also good for chopping. Defensively can do more with the 388D though. However I won't be touching these pips again because it's really about choosing the pips and sticking to them as they can all with small adjustments play the defensive game.

388D is definitely the better pips to start off with I would say but maybe with a thin sponge instead of OX (but both options are fine), it can do it all from all distances from table. Solid pips imo.
Dtecs are also solid, close to the table in OX they are a beast, and mid distance chopping has very good spin reversal and doesn't require too much adjustment with technique depending on opponents spin.

I may or may not revisit these pips at some point but only after I have got a more solid game down with my BH and FL2.

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2018, 09:48 
Super User

For those who are interested :)

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2018, 15:03 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I have few thoughts for you to think about... :)

1. I think that ox pips are more dependent of the blade than the pip itself. If ox pip is in the too fast blade, it's useless for play, as all you are able to is to put blade on the way of the ball and hope it doesn't go long... :whew:
2. Your chopping seems to have good looking start. :) Why not to take loop against chop battle instead of multiball...?
3. Most important point... I have tried FL2, P1r, FL3 etc with 1.0 sponge numerous times. They chop easily. But the short game and serve returns are impossible struggle for me. :headbang: And in real games serve return is the most important shot, so I can't play with them in real games. I know that world class players push against heavy push effortlessly with 1.0 pips, but for me it's the "impossible shot", as it goes straight to the net or pops up most of the time. :sweat:
4. So the most important test for a pip is the short game/serve return test, because chopping goes for better or worse with any pip, if the blade is of right speed.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2018, 19:48 
Super User

Roy wrote:
I have few thoughts for you to think about... :)

1. I think that ox pips are more dependent of the blade than the pip itself. If ox pip is in the too fast blade, it's useless for play, as all you are able to is to put blade on the way of the ball and hope it doesn't go long... :whew:
2. Your chopping seems to have good looking start. :) Why not to take loop against chop battle instead of multiball...?
3. Most important point... I have tried FL2, P1r, FL3 etc with 1.0 sponge numerous times. They chop easily. But the short game and serve returns are impossible struggle for me. :headbang: And in real games serve return is the most important shot, so I can't play with them in real games. I know that world class players push against heavy push effortlessly with 1.0 pips, but for me it's the "impossible shot", as it goes straight to the net or pops up most of the time. :sweat:
4. So the most important test for a pip is the short game/serve return test, because chopping goes for better or worse with any pip, if the blade is of right speed.

1. I haven't tried enough so I can't disagree with you. However from my experience With my bats and a couple from my club (1 who had Dtecs OX on korbel blade) I haven't ever felt a blade was too fast. Except only once with an OFF+ blade with Dtecs + sponge.

2. I did explain in the video we tried but my friend has injured his shoulder and wrist and so it was very inconsistent (he rarely got 2+ loops on) so I did not put it in the video. I am happy with the progression of my mid distance chop but I am also aware I still have a long long way to go.

3/4. My FL2 has 1.1 sponge. But with all my pips I haven't found the service return particularly hard. I find it easier than with inverted rubber. The one thing I agree on is learning to push back spin though or some serves in particular. I overcame most of this by simply getting my opponent to play service only for the entire game until I get comfortable pushing ALL serves including backspin. Although tbh you could easily just do a short shovel shot against backspin. My short game is decent already but I still make maybe 3-5 errors per set which usually gives away a point.

Thanks for watching and giving your opinion btw. It is good to be reminded about some of these things even if I am aware. :up:

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2018, 23:56 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Ok, some tips:

1) You take the ball too high. You need to take the ball hip height.
2) Bending the knees: a chop, like a loop, comes from the legs. Bend the knees more and chop away.
3) Your stance is too horizontal. When chopping your stance should be diagonal. That way you can chop next to the body, not in front of it. Choppinf in front of the body is only an emergency shot and depends on the speed of the wrist.
4) Wrist action: your chop should start at 9-7 o'clock (depending on the heaviness of the loop) and should end at 5-4 o'clock.