OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 17:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2018, 20:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum 2xreversed :up:

Sounds like you want a Stiga blade with the Legend handle, these are quite wide.

For forehand you'll probably like Victas 401 which i use myself, which is outstanding for slow spinny loops, and is actually a chopper rubber, so it chops well too.
For backhand, choose any pimple is going to make looping hard... it's good for blocking/hitting though, and yoy cn certainly chop with them too. The 802-40 is probably a good one to try at first, to see if it's suits you.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2018, 10:44 

Blade: Stiga Alser defensive
FH: Friendship Tackspeed 2mm
BH: Sriver fx 2mm
Thank you haggisv.
The Yasaka Sweden Defensive is the blade I'm going for. I believe the blade material to be most similar to my old one and I can always swop the handles !
UK shops don't stock the stiga legend handle or even a basic stiga defensive blade for that matter.
Haven't considered a Victas rubber before, so I've looked into it.
The only modern day tension rubber I have tried on my FH is the Bluefire M3 which although gave spinny slow loops, was very difficult to fast loop drive and not overshoot !
Hence trying a Chinese rubber this season, which attacks remarkably well, but occasionally it feels a bit dead when away from the table chopping and the returns end up being short !

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2018, 10:58 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
2xreversed wrote:
Quote:
Hence trying a Chinese rubber this season, which attacks remarkably well, but occasionally it feels a bit dead when away from the table chopping and the returns end up being short !

That rubber isn't Friendship RITC Tackspeed 2000 by any chance?

I used to use that on both sides. I went from that to Joola Tango and found myself pushing off the end of the table for a few weeks initially.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2018, 20:45 

Blade: Stiga Alser defensive
FH: Friendship Tackspeed 2mm
BH: Sriver fx 2mm
Yes that's what it is Retriever !
The difference between the M3 and Tackspeed 2000 is huge when chopping.
More practice is needed !
But for my game, attacking with Tackspeed is easier.
Slow loops, full swing fast loop drives down the line and my favourite sidespin loops when retrieving, (occasionally around the net) are easier and far more consistent with this rubber.
I would just prefer it had a little bit more oomph when chopping !

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2018, 18:32 

Blade: Donier Balsa/Carbon
FH: 802 SP
BH: Focus III 'Snipe'
Hi All

- I live in England (Somerset)
- started playing when I was 14.....have just returned after a far too lengthy absence (I'm 53).
- defensive ex-pips player; my partner bought me a new blade and rubbers for Christmas (inverted pips).
- level = definitely 'recreational' ;)
- I work in sales.
- other hobbies; long-boarding, snowboarding & skiing, kite-boarding, SCUBA, kayaking.
- how you stumbled upon this forum? Pure-Chance....altho' I'm glad I did.

Looking forward to reading/learning...much has changed since I played in my youth ;)

Danger is real...fear is optional....

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 06:29 

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Welcome 7tenths, hope you are able to stay inverted, but old habits die hard. There is plenty of knowledge here if you do want to go back to pips - no need to be defensive about it. :)

Is the new set up a pre-made, or different brand blade to rubbers?

By the way, where is the other 3tenths?

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 11:36 

Blade: Gambler DJ Fly Super Wood
FH: Spinlord Waran
BH: Giant Dragon Dragon Talon
Hello everyone,

- I live in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
- Started playing back in June of 2017
- Recently switched from inverse to Dr. Neubauer Aggressor (ox) on my backhand and a Donic Acuda P1 Turbo on the forehand
- Discovered this forum trying to learn more about playing with pimples out rubber.

I've found the guides and reviews really helpful in trying to learn about playing with medium/long pips. This forum is a really great source of information, and I'm grateful to everyone who has contributed to it.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2018, 09:58 

haggisv wrote:
- where are you from, country and club, where you play
- how long you've been playing (how old? :oops: )
- playing style
- level
- job or what you do outside TT
- other hobbies
- how you stumbled upon this forum

- holland, holland, a dutch club in center region
- since i was very young i played on the schoolyard table (concrete) with terrible rackets and balls, then i played a few years at a club when i was around 10 but quit. i started again recently now that i'm in my 20s
- right shakehand pips-in attacker (FH heavy, weak backhand)
- currently hovering between 1100 and 1200 NTTB
- currently on a day job at a super market (merchandiser/coordinator), studying mandarin chinese as hobby, saving up to go to university next year (study linguistics)
- reading (sci-fi, fantasy, poetry, theory), gaming (mostly dota 2!), running (i do 1hrs of running 3x/week, and join marathons occasionally), cooking (i love chinese cuisine)
- i had noobie questions about mostly english-language TT terminology, equipment and technique questions, i saw it's one of the biggest TT forums

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2018, 00:41 

Blade: Stiga Infinity VPS V
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH: Andro Rasant Powergrip
Hi All, I'm Anil from India. I joined the forum today as i desperately need suggestion. Last year, I ordered Stiga Infinity VPS blade (88gm) from tt11. After reading lot of reviews online for Infinity, I got Mx-P for FH and Powergrip on BH. The entire racquet setup has become very heavy for me. I want to stick to Infinity for long time as I love the blade feeling. Powergrip is good on BH.
Can someone please suggest lighter rubbers for FH on Stiga Infinity? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018, 00:39 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Dawei 388d1 ox/ BT ox???
haggisv wrote:
I've been meaning to put this topic up for a while...but keep forgetting :oops:

I would be a great way to get to know each other if we introduce ourselves and tell us a few things about ourselves. What you tell is totally up to you, but here are a few suggestions:

- where are you from, country and club, where you play
- how long you've been playing (how old? :oops: )
- playing style
- level
- job or what you do outside TT
- other hobbies
- how you stumbled upon this forum

Cheers guys!

good day!! I am from Spain , 50 years old, playing for about 12 years, defending close to the table, push block mainly, attack Fh with SP,.... serve with LP and Sp varying the spin, the length etc,...level?,... I think about US 2400,...I searched for info about TT and came across the forum,..been reading posts for a long time,... especially, pushblocker and watched his videos a lot as we play similar but I do attack or twiddle to sp to puzzle opponent,.....

thank you for the forum,... it helps me a lot to get new ideas,...

;)

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 22:47 

Blade: Timo Boll Allround
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Yasaka Mark V
I didn't see the introduce yourself section the last time I was on the forum where I received helpful advice from friendly members, so I'll introduce myself now:

- Hello guys I'm David and I play casually at my university's table tennis club in Sydney, Australia.
- I'm currently 20 years old.
- I've played two years in high school and have recently started playing again after taking a 4-5 year break.
- I would consider myself a beginner or intermediate at best. I'm at the stage where my general forehand/backhand stroke is acceptable (by my standards) but my loops are a bit sketchy. I don't really have a playing style currently since I'm relatively new, but if I had to say, I prefer fast forehand smashes (not flat hits) over slow loops. (Sorry about the lack of table tennis jargon)
- I'm currently an engineering student and I also do some volunteering on the weekends.
- My other hobbies include solving puzzles such as rubik's cubes (I'm not very fast).
- I found this forum through google where I wanted to inquire about some table tennis equipment.

Thanks for reading this, and I'm looking forward to sharing my table tennis adventures with you guys :)

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 00:57 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
fx100auplus wrote:
I didn't see the introduce yourself section the last time I was on the forum where I received helpful advice from friendly members, so I'll introduce myself now:

- Hello guys I'm David and I play casually at my university's table tennis club in Sydney, Australia.
- I've played two years in high school and have recently started playing again after taking a 4-5 year break.
- I would consider myself a beginner or intermediate at best. I'm at the stage where my general forehand/backhand stroke is acceptable (by my standards) but my loops are a bit sketchy. I don't really have a playing style currently since I'm relatively new, but if I had to say, I prefer fast forehand smashes (not flat hits) over slow loops. (Sorry about the lack of table tennis jargon)
- I'm currently an engineering student and I also do some volunteering on the weekends.
- My other hobbies include solving puzzles such as rubik's cubes (I'm not very fast).
- I found this forum through google where I wanted to inquire about some table tennis equipment.

Thanks for reading this, and I'm looking forward to sharing my table tennis adventures with you guys :)

Welcome to the forum fx100auplus aka David. Glad you found us on Google. We are a fun bunch of people and there are some amazing people here with tons of advice for everyone regarding the game and equipment. I do hope you like it as well as the rest of us do. I am sure a lot of us would love to hear more about your equipment and your playing style so feel free to post in the relevant sections. :)

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 07:41 
I am Legend
I am Legend

fx100auplus wrote:

What engineering major are you doing?

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 23:56 

Blade: Timo Boll Allround
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Yasaka Mark V
I'm a third year electrical engineering student :D

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 00:50 

Blade: Waldner Allplay
FH: Coppa standard 2mm
BH: MarkV standard 2mm
Hey guys, I'm a player in my 20s, and I'm from east europe. My current occupation is work and studying. I do some unskilled work to pay the rent and my study, which is civil architecture (I hope this is the right word, basically to design and work on infrastructures and buildings, facilities, etc. for the public use).

I always loved to play TT at school gym class, outside (metal/concrete tables) with friends, on vacations, etc., however only recently I started to really practice real technique, strokes, footwork, etc. with a proper racket (I played 15 years with a very cheap Tibhar racket I bought in a toy store), which is very different but even more fun.

I joined a club end of last year and after some months the trainer thought I should join the competitive season low level. I ended 2nd place with my team, 72% win rate, and I'm very happy. TT is a great sport, where you can constantly improve, and I like all the community. I'm glad to find this forum, I got many questions, it's great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 167  Next