OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 04:41 
Super User

[Edited multiple times]
Blade:
--Runlox cpen is out of production.
But in my opinion (based on a careful analysis of the sound of various blades with these rubbers mounted, and photos) her earlier blade, the one she was using in most of the available videos, with the handle that said "Runlox", can't be a production Runlox, and can't even be koto/spruce. I think it was actually close to an Allround Classic (5.3mm, 3.3mm core), and that's what I'm using.
--Her later blade, Bizelox cpen (mine is 5.8mm thick, 3.8mm core), is also out of production.
Allround Evolution can be found at 5.8 +/- .2mm). I have a 5.7 and a 6.0, both with 3.8mm core.
Sweden Classic near 5.45mm with a 3.5mm core would be a fine compromise between the "Runlox" and Bizelox.
--SUMMARY: Any limba/ayous between Allround Classic and Allround Evolution should serve well! (But an Allround Classic at 5.3mm with a core of 3.3mm, with these rubbers mounted, actually matches the tone of her "tok" (with rubbers mounted)).

Rubber:
--The long pips was regular, not Quattro. EDIT: I still think so, but it's hard to tell.
--Zooming into some good quality images taken from videos, and only with the blade in her hand, I have never seen any sponge under the long pips.
--I'm using Spectol Speed 1.7-1.9. Sometimes her sponge looks thinner than that (vs. Wu Yang for example), and sometimes it seems right (vs. LXX for example). EDIT: In some photos I could believe the sponge is pale orange rather than greyish, and so I'm not sure which sponge she's using.

[To measure cores to tenths of millimeters I used a micrometer: Set micrometer approximately right. Take a photo of the micrometer measuring the ply. Zoom into the photo and verify.]

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 24 Aug 2018, 08:16, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 05:21 
Super User

The tone of the "tok" (see this thread for justification of the concept: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31831) of her blade whose handle said "Runlox" (with rubbers mounted of course) varied from 760-805Hz in various matches. It was normal sized, as I proved by counting pips. :-)

See, the Allround Classic is obviously the closest, by this measure:

700 Wu Yang's Defplay (in match vs. ZXT)
759 VKMD, 5.0mm, 2.9mm core, Spectol Speed 1.7-1.9 and 388D-1 OX
787 Allround Classic, limba/ayous 5.3mm, 3.3mm core, Spectol Speed 1.7-1.9 and 388D-1 OX << this one. :-)
823 Sweden Classic, limba/ayous 5.45mm, 3.5mm core, Spectol Speed 1.7-1.9 and 388D-1 OX
835 ZXT's Bizelox
841 my Bizelox (limba/ayous 5.8mm, 3.8mm core) (don't remember what rubbers were on it)

Based on the following, it's hard to believe that it was ever a real Runlox:
This Hurricane Hao is koto/spruce 5.6mm (close to the advertised specs of a real Runlox), 3.1mm core
822 HHao Skyline 2, 388D-1 .5 (more rubber weight than ZXT)
870 (estimate, with correct weight of rubber)
885 HHao Challenger Attack 1.9, 388D-1 OX (less rubber weight than ZXT)

EDIT: But, the HHao gets wider quicker in the wings (where a penholder's forefinger and thumb land), so it might be stiffer and higher pitched than a Runlox. So, still could have been a Runlox. I'd rather believe it because I strongly prefer that construction.

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 04 Sep 2018, 08:42, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 05:52 
Super User

She is playing for a Croatian team, "Dr. Časl" (pronounced approximately chasl).
She joined about six months ago and has played at least two matches so far, one on 13OCT, defeating Polina Mikhailova (who we also love) 3-0.

Since she's playing in a European league there's a good chance for video, even live.

At the following page you can view scores and sometimes follow these matches live, and see results and the schedule.
http://www.ettu.org/en/events/seamaster ... n/results/ .

Many videos of this women's league are here. She has not appeared yet.
http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/channel/ett ... ague-women

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 04 Sep 2018, 09:05, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 13:09 
Super User

Hey, it's Zhou Xintong day (see my previous posts)!

I said in 2016 in this thread that "she has pumped up the offense quite a bit", and posted some links to videos. Now I have found a video of a game dated 2017 that offers a great example. It starts a little ugly, at 2-2 and 3-7 against her, and this time she's the one acting frustrated, but stick with it. Sorry, this video sometimes must buffer for a few minutes.

[EDIT: I have to turn off ad blocker and popup blocker to watch this, and it begins with a commercial too.]
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjc1MTczM ... ~A#paction

[P.S. I verified with spectrum analyzer (see two posts above) that there's no reason to worry about what appears to be a new blade in this video. :-) ]

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 04 Sep 2018, 09:00, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2017, 06:31 
Super User

Zhaoyang wrote:
Hey, it's Zhou Xintong day (see my previous posts)!

I said in 2016 in this thread that "she has pumped up the offense quite a bit". I found a video of a game dated 2017 that offers a great example. It starts a little ugly, at 2-2 and 3-7 against her, and this time she's the one acting frustrated, but stick with it. Sorry, this video sometimes must buffer for a few minutes.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjc1MTczM ... ~A#paction

[P.S. I verified with spectrum analyzer (see two posts above) that there's no reason to worry about what appears to be a new blade in this video. :-) ]

Wow that's some good video quality. Nice.

Also pressed how she was attacking more with the LPs on the forehand. Amazing. Great share.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2018, 08:27 
Super User

Her wins against Han Ying and Elizabeta Samara in the semifinal can be viewed here:
http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/channel/ett ... ague-women

She has won every match she has played in this event (see my post, three posts up), and her team has reached the final.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 21:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/ ... ng-pimples

What really happened? Pro player using a wrong rubber?? it sounds just like a conjecture by the spectator.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2018, 03:46 
Super User

It is said that she switched to Dawei Saviga V and there's a picture showing that from her most recent event (see part of the name of the team on the back):
Attachment:
With SavigaV.jpeg
With SavigaV.jpeg [ 431.49 KiB | Viewed 3562 times ]

In that picture she was wearing her team's "away" colors, but I verified it in a video of a "home" match in which she was wearing blue.

I'm certain enough that she's using sponge now, see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33368, especially the second post. [EDIT: Sorry, although I'm careful when I post here I still make a lot of mistakes. I am NOT sure that she's using sponge.]

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 26 Sep 2018, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 01:56 
Super User

Remember my post about the tone of the "tok" of various blades, with these rubbers mounted?
Here is an update to put her current blade in perspective:

Taksim 1300 Hz <- Wang Qiuyi
ZXT '18 xxxx <- EDIT: Sorry, I was wrong about this. These other numbers might be interesting though.
Extra Special 1000 <- walnut-ayous 7-ply 6.3mm. Estimate with that weight of rubbers.
YEO 925 <- walnut-spruce 5.85mm
HHao 870 <- koto-spruce 5.6mm
MLCarbon 851 <- "with Saviga OX + Tenergy 80 FX 1.7mm" -yegor
ZXT '13 760-805 <- obvious woody tok
Allround Classic 787 <- limba-ayous 5.3mm

[EDIT: Sorry, I edited out some other things that weren't accurate.]

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 29 Sep 2018, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2018, 18:03 

Blade: Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Dawei Saviga V OX
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 80 FX
I have Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon CS blade with Saviga OX + Tenergy 80 FX 1.7mm attached to it. It "toks" at 851 Hz.
Yes, same model blade can be slightly different, my inverted rubber could be heavier than ZXT SP sheet, but still the difference 850 Hz vs 1050 Hz (reported by Zhaoyang as being ZXT blade's tok) is quite significant.
Could it be Yasaka Ma Lin Max Carbon or Ma Lin Extra Offensive blade?

Last edited by yegor on 02 Oct 2018, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2018, 22:47 
Super User

Hello again yegor. Thank you for that information.

I was worried about it for a while, but there are several reasons not to worry:

1. In the videos ZXT-Han Ying and ZXT-Elizabeta Samara 2018 the venue was noisy and the microphone was in another court, and I was only able to isolate *one* tok from ZXT. It happens when the score is 1:0 1:0 vs E.Samara, and you can judge for yourself whether or not it is just a stray noise from the other court.

2. As recently as 2017, in the video I linked to seven posts above (http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16 ... 45#p346149), the blade looks different but the sound was still the familiar woody tok.

3. In that 2017 video and also in ZXT-Han Ying she is frequently unhappy with her paddle, looking at it after missing shots, and I don't remember her doing that in the older videos. Almost anyone (probably anyone still reading this) could settle and be happy with whatever she herself had been happy with previously (koto/spruce about 5.6mm, through 2013, then limba/ayous about 5.8mm for a couple of years.). Isn't that reasonable?

I feel like I've agonized over this enough. I'm just answering your question, yegor. Your MLC is within the reasonable range for this style, so if you like the feel of it I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 29 Sep 2018, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 03:24 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National
BH: Trick Anti
Here's another video of her against a defender(Liu Fei if I recognize the face right).

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018, 19:48 

Blade: Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Dawei Saviga V OX
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 80 FX
Zhaoyang wrote:
1. In the videos ZXT-Han Ying and ZXT-Elizabeta Samara 2018 the venue was noisy and the microphone was in another court, and I was only able to isolate *one* tok from ZXT. It happens when the score is 1:0 1:0 vs E.Samara, and you can judge for yourself whether or not it is just a stray noise from the other court.

Yes, this audio is awful. Either the microphone was in wrong court indeed, or it is completely out of sync with video. I cannot clearly recognize any single tok coming from ZXT racket on these 2018 videos.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 10:10 
Super User

That one tok I could isolate, despite being so perfectly timed, must have been a stray noise from another court.

*I apologize to everyone for the misinformation.*

Hardness, speed and reversal: P3 > Saviga V > P1-R.

Saviga V is a great rubber for active blocking (for playing ZXT style). If you're reading this and wondering about it, let me tell you not to worry about it.