OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 20:03 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
One disappointing rubber was Gewo return drive red 1.9mm

Having been really pleased with black 1.7mm on my bh I bought the red 1.9mm for my fh thinking it would be a bit faster and spinnier. In fact it was slower with no top end speed and not great spin - clearly bh use only except on an off blade.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 01:31 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
mynamenotbob wrote:
All frictionless antis.
you're not alone sir.... :')

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 02:13 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Blades:

Dr. N Barricade - still have no idea what to make of it, way too slow.
Butterfly JSH - so heavy!

Rubbers:

TSP Triple Spin ones in thin sponges: super slow and not fitting my style. Took them off almost immediately.

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 03:51 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
Don't think there is anything that has been disappointing. I mean I do regret buying some things because I could easily have managed without them. Things that I bought with absolutely no need to get them whatsoever. Such as a Donic Persson Powerplay shakehand blade, when I play penhold. Good blade but useless for me. Got it very cheap and I eventually sold it to a friend with Mark V and Sriver on it and he loved it. Or the Stag Explosive rubber. I bought it just because it was cheap. Again, an unnecessary purchase when I am tons of rubbers and it is not even my preferred style.
Or the Butterfly Matsushita Pro Special. Again a shakehand blade, and a defensive one at that. Sold that as well.

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 05:21 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I bought 12 sheets of Corbor Reactor to use in the construction of a rebound board. Never got around to building it, which I blame entirely on the rubber. Very disappointed. :oops:

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 13:48 
Super User

darucla wrote:
I bought 12 sheets of Corbor Reactor to use in the construction of a rebound board. Never got around to building it, which I blame entirely on the rubber. Very disappointed. :oops:
ROFL

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 20:51 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Its rare that I can test a variety of blades, let alone one with anatomic handle. Bought Yasaka Sweden Extra AN on the day my son was born, in fact the website was running slow and I got in trouble for us getting to the hospital late. Got the order in though.....

When the blade arrived I put it in my hand and it just didn't feel nice. I'm over it now and it's really not too bad.

PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 09:45 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Cobalt wrote:
Its rare that I can test a variety of blades, let alone one with anatomic handle. Bought Yasaka Sweden Extra AN on the day my son was born, in fact the website was running slow and I got in trouble for us getting to the hospital late. Got the order in though.....

When the blade arrived I put it in my hand and it just didn't feel nice. I'm over it now and it's really not too bad.

how late...

PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 09:59 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

Crikey, there's been a few.

1 - Butterfly 1 Ply Hinoki. Can't remember the direct Model! First one I bought was a thing of beauty. Wonderful feel, not TOO heavy, Used it for everything including my OX pips. Then one day, it Snapped in two out of nowhere. Didn't do anything to it - just snapped under my rubbers. bought a replacement - Bloody awful. Sold the replacement. Bought another replacement - Bloody awful. Could not replicate the first one for the life of me. I was heartbroken.

2) 802-40 Short Pips. No idea why they're so popular. Could never get out of them what the pro's seem to. I'm defintely not the only one around too.

3) Frictionless Anti. I tried Really damn hard to use that stuff. Trained, coached, played matches. Tried multiple types. By the end of it, I was doing fine against high level opponents at or slightly above my level, but the moment I play a Junk baller/ lower level player - I got pummeled. I'm still recovering from the ego and ranking hit those 4 months gave me. I find even with the "easy to use" stuff, they're just so damned sensitive and Negative in play with weaker balls. Switched back to my OX LP and It helped my attacking technique though, so that's a plus?

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 11:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:
3) Frictionless Anti. I tried Really damn hard to use that stuff. Trained, coached, played matches. Tried multiple types. By the end of it, I was doing fine against high level opponents at or slightly above my level, but the moment I play a Junk baller/ lower level player - I got pummeled. I'm still recovering from the ego and ranking hit those 4 months gave me. I find even with the "easy to use" stuff, they're just so damned sensitive and Negative in play with weaker balls.

Ahh so that's what happened...I did wonder what happened to all that enthusiasm. :o :lol:

My biggest disappointment...and I don't think many will share my view on this.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Tenergy 05. Most people that change to it get more spin in their game... was hoping for the extra spin, but with my unusual strokes (obviously optimised for tacky rubbers) I was getting less spin! Very disappointed since spin is the most important part of game.. the high price for these sheets obviously raises expectations, and therefore adds to disappointment. :(

PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 12:45 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Silver wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

how late...
Not as bad as it sounds. Was being induced so late for the check-in, not the birth. :)

PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 13:50 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Cobalt wrote:
Silver wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

how late...
Not as bad as it sounds. Was being induced so late for the check-in, not the birth. :)

Would probably have been the end of your tt career and your hobbies in general if your partner was in labour... :lol:

PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 15:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Reactor Ckylin. Chinese Blue Fire my foot... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 15:28 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
Andro Plaxxon... t'was utter trash.

PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 16:10 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

iskandar taib wrote:
Reactor Ckylin. Chinese Blue Fire my foot... :lol:

Iskandar

You would only have been disappointed if you actually expected it to be like Bluefire. :o :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next