OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Metal TT death
PostPosted: 13 May 2018, 13:17 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Gzubik wrote:
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Hmm....sounds like a safer Dornenglanz, chop blocks wicked, but safer, while still being good for chopping. What blade were you using?

This rubber is pretty different from Dornenglanz, if my memory of Dornenglanz, which I'd tried only briefly, is accurate. Dornenglanz had pretty stiff pips and was good for passive blocking and chop blocking but, to me, was too one-dimensional and predictable and not dynamic enough for what I need (everyone's game is different, of course, and I know others have enjoyed great success with that rubber). Death, by contrast, has decently soft pips and can create more dynamic (disturbing) effects. For that same reason, Death is probably also far more difficult to master than Dornenglanz. You're going to make more errors.

I was using it with the Re-Impact Turbo.

How you compare TT Metal to the Snowflake?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

That's a decently close comparison, actually. From my memory of Snowflake, the Death has a slightly lower trajectory, the Snowflake is a bit softer, the Death is better for attacking and has more friction but probably less passive reversal. But think of it as close to a Snowflake made for the new ball.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 07:20 

Thx for anserw :) How about speed, Snowflake or Metal TT is faster?

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 08:34 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Gzubik wrote:

Metal TT Death is faster. I think Snowflake is more controllable. That's the main flaw I see with Death. It's a bit too lively and spin-sensitive. You can learn to play with it and hit some very hard-to-handle shots, but you're going to make a lot of errors and encounter a lot of frustration yourself in the process. There are probably easier long pips rubbers to use if your goal, in the SHORT-term, is to frustrate your opponent more than yourself.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 09:08 

So it stays with Snowflake, it is a long pimple perfect for me, which combines low trajectories, good reversal and control in a perfect way

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 09:39 

Blade: Metal tt black
FH: Joola express ultra
BH: Metal tt Death
Gzubik wrote:

Metal TT Death is faster. I think Snowflake is more controllable. That's the main flaw I see with Death. It's a bit too lively and spin-sensitive. You can learn to play with it and hit some very hard-to-handle shots, but you're going to make a lot of errors and encounter a lot of frustration yourself in the process. There are probably easier long pips rubbers to use if your goal, in the SHORT-term, is to frustrate your opponent more than yourself.

Dear Sir,
this is Marco Faso the owner of Metal TT Brand,

First of all thank you for your interest for our rubber.

I am definetely surprise of your post becouse in German and French forum (we have actually 1070 comments about our rubber in French forum) the 100% of players say that is not at all spin-sensitive compared to all other pimples rubber.
One of the main characteristcs of "Death rubber" is that is really easy to use and errors are not common.

I suggest you to try again the rubber maybe on another blade, not too elastic. You will be surprised.

If you are interested you can read (using google translator) how people use " Death" and what they think about it.

http://forum.tennis-de-table.com/t/death-metal-tt/21198
Feel free to ask for any orher information

Marco

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 14:20 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

METAL TT wrote:
Dear Sir,
this is Marco Faso the owner of Metal TT Brand,

First of all thank you for your interest for our rubber.

I am definetely surprise of your post becouse in German and French forum (we have actually 1070 comments about our rubber in French forum) the 100% of players say that is not at all spin-sensitive compared to all other pimples rubber.
One of the main characteristcs of "Death rubber" is that is really easy to use and errors are not common.

I suggest you to try again the rubber maybe on another blade, not too elastic. You will be surprised.

If you are interested you can read (using google translator) how people use " Death" and what they think about it.

http://forum.tennis-de-table.com/t/death-metal-tt/21198
Feel free to ask for any orher information

Marco

Everyone might have a different experience, but I'm comparing Death to the Dr. Neubauer Gangster and Desperado II (which I'm trying out now) and the Jenking, as well as the GD Talon and Snowflake. Personally, I found that with Death, I was making more mistakes returning servers and other shots due to the fact that it required more adjustments for spin. Perhaps this is an issue of my specific technique, but when I play LP, I want to have to adjust to spin as little as possible to minimize errors.

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 12:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Finally we've for Death Metal TT in OOAK Shop.
Hopefully I'll be able to test a sheet myself shortly.

PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 20:55 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Hi guys,

I'm going to attempt to do an ongoing review of Metal TT Death over the next few weeks. See if it lives up to the hype!

So... Out of the packet, on visual inspection:
Vertical aligned Pips with medium density spacing. Slightly denser pip spacing then 388d-1
Base Layer thickness: Thin-medium.
Pip Hardness: Medium, Definitely harder then Viper, similar to Hellfire - maybe slightly harder.
Pip Width: Thin-Medium, skinnier then Hellfire and 388d-1 but not as thin as Viper.
Surface: Rough / Ribbed.

Quality: Good! Out of the packet at least as good as Dr N or S&T pips. Long term durability remains to be seen.

More later.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 14:03 
Super User

So I've had a brief session with Death, and these are my initial ramblings.

This is a REALLY good LP! But its hard to define what makes it so good. Basically it's a very talented all rounder. It's a high control, easy to use LP which I was able to play the range of LP shots.

But first I want to address the issue of spin sensitivity that Marco and Traditional Tradesman were discussing. In my opinion there is a wide range of LP spin sensitivity. For example Feint Long III is highly sensitive to incoming spin while Badman and DTechs are at the other end of the spectrum and are the most non sensitive to spin LPs Ive used. In my experience using Death, it is definitely more spin sensitive when compared to Badman. All these comparisons are highly subjective but by comparing them to other rubbers Im hoping to put them into some sort of context other forum users can understand. In terms of spin sensitivity I found death to have a low-mid range spin sensitivity somewhat similar to Hellfire. For me this is actually the great balance between slip and grip. There is enough grip to play aggressive shots but enough slip for ease of service return.

Speed: Medium slow.

Control: Excellent.

Chops blocks: Were easy to do low over the net with good reversal.

Passive blocks: Very easy to perform but easy for my opponents to return.

Chopping: Easy to do mid distance from table with good control. (I don't chop long range from table).

Deception (Wobble, flutter, diving balls): Some deceptive effects but nothing special.

Attacking / Aggressive shots: Very Effective, not as good as Schmerz but still easy to do.

This is a very promising rubber that I'll leave on my backup blade and put it through it's paces.
My initial summary is that it's an Excellent all round LP, for ACTIVE play close to the table.

If you play a passive blocking game then Dtecs, Badman or P@1r are better rubbers due to the higher reversal and deception when passively blocking.
If you play a modern defensive chopping game then grippier rubbers such as Feint III are better.

More later.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 15:43 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Interesting. I agree the Badman is less spin-sensitive. So are the GD Talon and Snowflake, the Dr. Neubauer Viper, Gangster and Desperado, the Spinlord Dornenglanz and the Jengking.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 16:25 
Super User

Interesting. I agree the Badman is less spin-sensitive. So are the GD Talon and Snowflake, the Dr. Neubauer Viper, Gangster and Desperado, the Spinlord Dornenglanz and the Jengking.

The subject of spin sensitivity is difficult to define and highly variable depending on player, style and blade. But in my opinion Death is grippier and hence more spin sensitive then dornenglanz, badman and talon but somewhat similar to viper. I cant compare it to jengking as i haven't used it.

Not that spin sensitivity is necessarily a bad thing. I actually like a rubber with some grip as it gives control and allows for more variation in play.

Does this Pip revolutionize the LP game?..... No! but I do think this is a Really GOOD All-Round LP for an active game close to the table.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 23:33 
My Precious

FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
Rob M wrote:

The subject of spin sensitivity is difficult to define and highly variable depending on player, style and blade. But in my opinion Death is grippier and hence more spin sensitive then dornenglanz, badman and talon but somewhat similar to viper. I cant compare it to jengking as i haven't used it.

Not that spin sensitivity is necessarily a bad thing. I actually like a rubber with some grip as it gives control and allows for more variation in play.

Does this Pip revolutionize the LP game?..... No! but I do think this is a Really GOOD All-Round LP for an active game close to the table.

As you can see I have 4 blades for quite a while Dorneneglanz :up: has been my main BH rubber but a fortnight ago I had a Jengking OX :up: put on one then last week I had a Death Metal TT OX :up: :up: put on another.
To start with I like the quality of the Death Metal TT rubber it's well made :clap: :clap: & to me the rubber felt quite slow on soft contact (slower than Dorneneglanz), but faster in attack (the backhand flick works very well with this rubber :rock: as you can generate your own spin with it). Reversal was quite good, and it’s not that sensitive to incoming spin.
Still a lot of practice required to completely work it out but quite impressed at this point. |( |(

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 19:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Quality of the sheets is very impressive. I normally assume that if the country of origin in not on the cover (or rubber), it's made in China, but if this sheet is made in China, it's by far the best quality I've seen. Perhaps it's made in Germany or Japan. Of course it does not matter where it's made, as long as the quality is high. :up:

I had a brief hit with it, really liked it. On passive shots it felt quite slow, yet on attack it's got good speed. Compared to Dornenglanz it feel slower on passive shot, yet faster on aggressive shots... very interesting. I really liked the feel when I attacked with it... will try my own sheet soon, this is definitely worth trying for me.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2018, 03:17 

I really like deffplay senso and I would rather not change it and I wonder how TT Methal would work with it, would not flexibility be a problem?

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2018, 20:22 
Super User

Gzubik wrote:
I really like deffplay senso and I would rather not change it and I wonder how TT Methal would work with it, would not flexibility be a problem?

I’ve played with a defplay senso before but I’ve only used Death on a hard fast 5 ply wood so this is merely speculation on my behalf, if you put Death on a defplay it would be very slow and highly controlled combination. Passive blocks and chop blocks would be controlled, slow and theoretically easy to do. Attacking, hits, rolls, bumps would be a bit slow though.

Only one way to find out for sure! Buy a sheet and let us all know :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next