OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 15:24 

Blade: Butterfly Photino Light
FH: Victas V>15 Extra
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
This basically described how I use my backhand. I also chop, loop and drive to change things up or when I cannot attack so easily, but when I get a clear shot, I go for the flat hit. For this I have been very successful with DHS Skyline TG-60, as it feels amazing to smack with, has ample power to finish the point, and also isn't a tensor so I can push very short and have great feel for touch shots. I also like blocking, and especially love doing Kenta Matsudaira's block. The problem is, when I recently went to a tournament, I encountered someone with insane spin. He was around the same level in terms of everything else, but I literally had to turn my paddle completely vertical in order to keep his side spin on the table. My forehand was fine when returning his serves (I use victas v15 extra). Basically, I found my almost bh perfect rubber, but I now realize that if I want to progress, I must use something not as spin sensitive. Any suggestions on a linear, spin insensitive (compared to tacky dhs rubbers), good "feel" rubber that is also great for flat hitting and flicking?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 04:31 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Sounds like your existing BH rubber works so well for you that it may be better to work on techniques for dealing with spinny serves.

For receiving shortish side spin serves I have found with inverted on the BH that it is often more effective to attack the serve with a slow topspin flick to the middle of the table than trying to block. The very high spin on such a return being a combination of your topspin and the opponent's sidespin can produce a return that at lower to mid levels can be a winning shot or lead to a put away.

If you want to try another rubber then Xiom Musa 1.8mm or 2mm should work for you as your blade is fast.

Last edited by ChasFox on 01 Jun 2018, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 11:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I agree. It's a matter of technique, not the rubber. If you're having that much trouble then switching the rubber won't help, unless you go to anti or long pips, and that introduces other issues and won't work for the shots you can do. Find a practice partner who can (or can learn to) produce that amount of sidespin.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 22:55 
Super User

Sriver, 2.1 or 1.9

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2019, 01:02 

Blade: Andro Treiber Off
FH: Tenergy 05 2mm
BH: Qing soft 0.5
What you are actually asking for is quite a contrary set of requirements.

Nevertheless I would suggest Evolution ELS. I know several players that have great success flicking and backhand 'slapping' with it and it's very good at both these. great for absorbing incoming spin also.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2019, 08:27 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

So you want a rubber that can flat hit, flick, loop, block, chop, push and do touch shots with and control over serves

otherwise known as the perfect rubber
actually my 10 year old Granddaughter does those shots with spectol 21 soft 1.7mm

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2019, 10:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

rodderz wrote:
So you want a rubber that can flat hit, flick, loop, block, chop, push and do touch shots with and control over serves

Actually, that's not very hard to find - anything from Spectol to Batwings to Tenergy 05 "can do" all of the above. What's a LOT more difficult is making YOURSELF into a player that can do likewise.. :lol:

Iskandar