OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 17:00 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I've been using yasaka phantom 12 for lp hitting. They're still fairly slick compared to fl3 or p4. Having a bit of trouble against heavy top spin. Those can be blocked lp style though hitting is harder to do. Fl2 ox is another good one. It has more friction and blocks are harder.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 03:22 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
MOG1111 wrote:
I attack well with CK531a in 0.6mm. I can't do it so well with ox. But I don't get much reversal and nastiness.

I am thinking GD Meteorite which are very similar in size and spacing but a little softer. Is this a good route to try.

TSP PH, look interesting but that would be an expensive mistake

I mainly passive block counter hit and always try and hit short or high or float and top spin balls. I do not chop block and have no interest in doing so.
However my attacking shots especially against flat players are too much like normal inverted shots but slower.

They are going on a stiga infinity as I do not want to mess up my fh too much.

Since you have thin sponge, GD Giant Long will work for a counter hitting game style. It's slightly harder than Meteorite from my memory. Plays much like Butterfly Feint Long II, but is less expensive. It's been a long time since I used Meteorite, but I don't recall a lot of reversal from it, at least when used with thin sponge.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2018, 04:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Dr Neubauer Aggressor OX is the best attacking LP I've used (and I've tried/used nearly all of them!) Ignore the fact that they call it an MP.. the pips are LP length; just a lot wider. Somewhat expensive and hard to find but it's not likely to break pips they way all traditional LPs eventually do when used aggressively.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2018, 05:14 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
nathanso wrote:
Dr Neubauer Aggressor OX is the best attacking LP I've used (and I've tried/used nearly all of them!) Ignore the fact that they call it an MP.. the pips are LP length; just a lot wider. Somewhat expensive and hard to find but it's not likely to break pips they way all traditional LPs eventually do when used aggressively.

How grippy is it? Do the hits go back with top spin or dead? Can you attack top spins? Hit though back spins?

The feint long 2 is a good attacking lp. It usually returns a no spin ball or with a bit of spin, but bad for blocking. It has more grip than most so is easier to dye consistent and the ball is not all that different from a slick lp slapping the ball.

How does the aggressor compare to curl ph? I found the ph to be more difficult to use and not much more rewarding. With the feint 2 I can return decently fast dead balls against any type of incoming shot. Ph returns the same kind of balls but is less forgiving at least with my own strokes. I may give it another go in the future and probably will.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 00:27 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
hi skilless slapper,

The Mp agressor is quite unique. You can have a lot of data on my forum about the agressor and can see also a summary of many Mp the new Mp list.

Agressor is 1,7mm long with 2,1 mm of diameter. It's like a mix of tsp Pr1 and Tsp spectol. He can do evrything and do it through spin, can create a bit of top but generally a very low fast float ball. It take a bit of practice to really discover all this and the thickness of the sponge change all the dynamics. the 1,3 mm is a bit of an Lp with teeth. The 1,5 mm is start to be an Sp with a lot of spin variation can create more you own spin.

Hitting underspin ball is a charm with a lot of variation depending your angle of hitting.
Hitting through top spin need more practice. the 1,5 mm is easier. You don't need to hit very hard to return a fast ball as it has tension sponge.

Ph was one my most favorite LP in the past but it is a bit slow. Also despite it is one that have tons of control it was still an Lp with low diameter if I compare to the new MPs. I start to found the bottom of the sponge and get the noise of the blade with the new plasctic balls. The pimples seems to be crunched agaisnt this big new ball.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 00:39 
Super User

adding...

The agressor give me more shots to do as it really work fine on different shots despite the new ball. ( I think that the new MP are made for that: To have shot that are difficult to do with LP because the ball is too big and heavy for the old Lp with low diameter.

A passive shot keep the ball on the tip of the pimples. (pimples don't bent) and active shot open and bent the pimples and change the reaction of the ball.

Let say I received a power loop and I block it near the table. With an Lp the ball go throught the pimples and hit the blade. The control is then difficult. With the Mp the ball get trapped in the pimples and don't hit the blade heavily. I feel the pimples can change the rotation, the speed and the direction of the ball. I have more control. The pimples can fight against the ball where the Lp is not the right size (not big enough) to really affet those fast and heavy spin ball.

More angle i put more the pimples come into play and feel at ease with all this.

This is my impression. Anyone feel the same ?

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 01:38 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Dawei 388d1 ox/ BT ox???
maddrag wrote:
adding...

The agressor give me more shots to do as it really work fine on different shots despite the new ball. ( I think that the new MP are made for that: To have shot that are difficult to do with LP because the ball is too big and heavy for the old Lp with low diameter.

A passive shot keep the ball on the tip of the pimples. (pimples don't bent) and active shot open and bent the pimples and change the reaction of the ball.

Let say I received a power loop and I block it near the table. With an Lp the ball go throught the pimples and hit the blade. The control is then difficult. With the Mp the ball get trapped in the pimples and don't hit the blade heavily. I feel the pimples can change the rotation, the speed and the direction of the ball. I have more control. The pimples can fight against the ball where the Lp is not the right size (not big enough) to really affet those fast and heavy spin ball.

More angle i put more the pimples come into play and feel at ease with all this.

This is my impression. Anyone feel the same ?

At present , I am training with Agressor 1,3mm twiddling with K.O 1,3mm .Aggressor is a LP for attacking although passive reversal is also nice but not its main strength.I think Aggressor has been thought to play aggressive counterattacks and active blocks.
A very good strategy is to serve underspin , if the opponent returns underspin, you can always attack the ball with great success , however, if the opponent attacks the ball or just pushes it aggresssively, you can always counterblock actively .

Also, Aggressor has a geometry different from K.O . On the fh,Aggressor blocks low , floating balls, always with low trajectory and sinking effect and to attack with it, the wrist must be rigid with a movement forward , the resutling ball is no spin with low trajectory and the speed depends on your arm . If the ball flies below net level , chances are the ball will bury into the net if you attack aggressively .

Maybe other members have the same ideas , disagree with me or have better strategies to play with Aggressor.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:02 
Super User

Sometime I like to push hard right after the bounce. It give a fast short knuckle ball that make the opponant to lift the ball and I attack with my FH.

I like also to Rip chop the ball with the pimples when the opponant try to loop my heavy BH or FH underspin. They make a slow arc top spin so I can rip the ball over the opponant table with enormous weird jump at the contact with the table. Very difficult to get it back.

Some classic low and short chop also trow some players off when they don't like underspin and can't attack the ball.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 05:43 

Blade: darker carbon esteem
FH: dhs goldenarc 8 50°
BH: Metal tt Death
This is my personal classification:
N 1 metal tt death - best control, insensitive to spin, perfect push and attack to the backspin;
N 2 spin lord dornenglatz - the best flat effect on the block, good push and attack to the backspin;
N 3 dhs could & fog 3 - produce spin, best distruptive effect to attack.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 06:00 
Super User

I played with cloud and fog III and despite it does make good woobling it still in my opinion now to small to play with the the big ball. Pips are too.small. but it is just my opinion. Jian li play with it very good. So...

To.see the evolution of mp see the attachment below. Classic mp.the millital on top yhen shockwave and agressor at the right. Huge pips compare to millital.

Attachments:
Numérisation 14 juin 2018.pdf [553.57 KiB]
Downloaded 158 times

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 12:20 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Sauer and Tröger Shmerz is an EXCELLENT all round attacking/aggressive LP.

Better control, reversal and deception/wobble then Dr N Aggressor and All Round Premium.
Better hitting, side swipes and aggressive bumps and pushes them Metal TT Death.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 13:22 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
Sauer and Troger Hellfire in Ox version is the best

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 17:01 
Super User

Joewilmar wrote:

Well if you like Hellfire OX for an aggressive LP game you will really like Shmerz.
I had an email from Sebastian Sauer and he stated that Shmerz is designed for an active aggressive LP game where in comparison Hellfire is designed for a more passive blocking game.

After playing with both rubbers, I found Shmerz to be a much better LP for hitting and active play then Hellfire.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 19:00 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
Rob M wrote:
Joewilmar wrote:

Well if you like Hellfire OX for an aggressive LP game you will really like Shmerz.
I had an email from Sebastian Sauer and he stated that Shmerz is designed for an active aggressive LP game where in comparison Hellfire is designed for a more passive blocking game.

After playing with both rubbers, I found Shmerz to be a much better LP for hitting and active play then Hellfire.
yess i think it's also depends on the personal preference, i've tried schmerz but for me the chop blocking power of schmerz is not as nasty as hellfire :). The hellfire is a little bit slower and much easier for me to control rather than schmerz, i am not saying schmerz is bad but it's pretty damn good but it's much faster to play schmerz on aggressive pushblocking style [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] so i stick with hellfire

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 20:06 
Super User

Joewilmar wrote:
Rob M wrote:
Joewilmar wrote:

yess i think it's also depends on the personal preference, i've tried schmerz but for me the chop blocking power of schmerz is not as nasty as hellfire :). The hellfire is a little bit slower and much easier for me to control rather than schmerz, i am not saying schmerz is bad but it's pretty damn good but it's much faster to play schmerz on aggressive pushblocking style [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] so i stick with hellfire

Hey Joewilmar,

Yes I totally agree that hellfire is slower and much better at chop blocking then Shmerz but I guess thats a common compromise, there isnt a LP that does everything. Metal TT Death is an interesting alternate as it does chop block quite well and it fairly good at hitting/attacking but not as good as Schmerz.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next