OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2017, 01:23 

Blade: ANTI HERO
FH: PISTOL(1.00mm)
BH: VORTEX(1.2MM)
I think KASALA by Sauer & Tröger one of, if not the, best blades I have ever played. I have been using frictionless anti rubbers for the last 4 years and tested over 100 different blades. This blade has a very high spin reversal and disturbing effect, sending very low balls to the opponent. I suggest you use a diabolic anti 1.00mm with this blade.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2017, 08:48 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
REVIEW of Kasalla: https://youtu.be/B-Iwm12hq1E

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 01:32 

Spin reversal with diabolic anti (1.00mm) same as dr.neubauer superblock. I tried nearly 10 blade with Diabolic anti rubber. no one likes KASALA blade.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 03:18 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Is this blade designed specifically with Anti in mind? How is it with Pips? What style of play is it meant for?

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 05:12 

Japsican wrote:
Is this blade designed specifically with Anti in mind? How is it with Pips? What style of play is it meant for?

I dont know how it's work with long pimple. I play near the table and block and hit the ball

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 14:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
gokcermengu wrote:
no one likes KASALA blade.

I assume you meant 'there is none like the KASALA blade', right?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 15:31 

haggisv wrote:
gokcermengu wrote:
no one likes KASALA blade.

I assume you meant 'there is none like the KASALA blade', right?

Yes when use with Diabolic anti (1.00mm)

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 15:35 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
is this kasalla blade worth to try? how about the quality? thanks

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Sauer & Tröger
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 19:29 

Joewilmar wrote:

Yes

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 22:29 

gokcermengu wrote:
Joewilmar wrote:

Yes
does it good to play with hellfire???

Post subject: Re: Sauer & Tröger
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 23:39 

Joewilmar wrote:
gokcermengu wrote:
Joewilmar wrote:

Yes
does it good to play with hellfire???

I played only Transformer Anti. not play with any long pimple.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2018, 23:11 

I am going to give my personal review of S&T Kasalla Blade.... but i apologize if my english is not good and my review is not based on a high level rank player since i am only a recreational player...

my first impression about this blade is wow, this is very thick, my guess the thickness of this blade is around 8mm (could be more since i haven't measure it yet). The construction is very good though the balsa core blade usually has a very strange feel (i don't know how to explain it in english) but in Indonesian we called it "ampang" or in simple meaning balsa blade with very thick head size usually doesn't have enough power for attacking with inverted rubber. But for Kasalla this blade has excellent speed and control, the weight is 80 grams.

At first i thought kasalla is an oversized blade but i was wrong at all.... this blade has head size of 153x151 according to S&T website. This headsize makes this blade very comfortable to play with long pips close to the table with aggressive pushblocking style or chop blocking (i use hellfire ox) which is the main power of this blade. The spin reversal is very good although this blade needs more adjustment of bat angle in passive blocking (balls have tendency to come higher) since this blade even though using balsa as inner core still has an enormous speed and catapult effect. For me the sweet spot is very good to pair it with japanese/tensor rubbers not more than 2.0 thickness to play it close to table.

For playing defense far from table this blade is definitely not the one... (maybe because i use hellfire ox) but for me who usually use oversize blade (joo sae hyuk) for chopping, with kasalla is quite difficult but not impossible if you have good technique (mine is not good). The balls came too high.

I think this blade is excellent, for the price not too expensive and the quality of the wood is superb... excellent workmanship by Sebastian Sauer... :[CLAPPING HANDS SIGN] :[CLAPPING HANDS SIGN]Image

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2021, 20:07 

Good Day,

Recently, got the 79 gm Kasalla balsa blade from Sauer & Troger for testing. My feeling is that it has great power and speed while control still exists. Its rated OFF- to OFF.

I pair it with Sour & Troger Schmerz LP OX and Xiom Omedga VII Asia 2.0. It harmonises quite well in many respects.

The special balsa core does a magnificent job in blocking. Sometimes you feel the blocking balls may go long, but somehow it still safely stay on table.

I played Dr.Neubauer Combination Effect and High Technology Plus before and this Kasalla blade surely outclass them. However, the downside is its thickness, 10cm, making it a bit inconvenient to twiddle.

If you don't mind about the thickness and you are more offensive oriented type of player, then Kasalla could be a gem for you! Following is the test video for sharing:

Just for your information, I have two channels with lots of videos. The second one is outdated, but having many tournament videos of players in action. If you like it, please subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPaKOp ... FX15VfctXA

https://www.youtube.com/user/pingpongstephentai

Cheers!
PingpongStephenTai :) :) :)

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2023, 06:44 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
pingpongstephen wrote:
Good Day,

Recently, got the 79 gm Kasalla balsa blade from Sauer & Troger for testing. My feeling is that it has great power and speed while control still exists. Its rated OFF- to OFF.

I pair it with Sour & Troger Schmerz LP OX and Xiom Omedga VII Asia 2.0. It harmonises quite well in many respects.

The special balsa core does a magnificent job in blocking. Sometimes you feel the blocking balls may go long, but somehow it still safely stay on table.

I played Dr.Neubauer Combination Effect and High Technology Plus before and this Kasalla blade surely outclass them. However, the downside is its thickness, 10cm, making it a bit inconvenient to twiddle.

If you don't mind about the thickness and you are more offensive oriented type of player, then Kasalla could be a gem for you! Following is the test video for sharing:

Just for your information, I have two channels with lots of videos. The second one is outdated, but having many tournament videos of players in action. If you like it, please subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPaKOp ... FX15VfctXA

https://www.youtube.com/user/pingpongstephentai

Cheers!
PingpongStephenTai :) :) :)

Do you think that right now it can be one of the best, or better wood for a aggressive ox long pips game? I have a Giant Dragon Super Balsa II and I am looking for something similar as it is no longer manufactured. I'm also thinking of one of the Dr. Neubauer Matador models (I don't know which one is better suited to long beaks)
Thank you so much.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!