OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 02:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
Here is a good example of how science can be gotten to or at least heavily influenced by money,big money.

Now NASA is part of the Department Of Defence. The budget for NASA alone is something like 50 million a day plus so we are talking a huge annual budget.

Could money also influence their science like it certainly seems to do in other areas of science?

Wait a second. You still haven't answered my comments about your ruler and supposed micrometer eyes yet. No money involved. Not much thinking necessary, either, it's self evident that 9 thousandths of an inch deviation is imperceptible over 12 inches. No need to involve NASA at all.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 02:20 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
mac33 wrote:
Here is a good example of how science can be gotten to or at least heavily influenced by money,big money.

Now NASA is part of the Department Of Defence.

NASA is not part of Department of Defense - see their website (unless they are lying to us?)
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/hqlibrary/ic/faqs.html

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 02:23 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

( I am working with NASA next door, if you want, I can ask them to check your ruler)

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 03:56 
Super User

There is lots off official U.S Gov documents admitting the obvious that its fixed and flat in the link. Lots of physical proofs too. A must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCwO1AH ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:02 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

mac33 wrote:
There is lots off official U.S Gov documents admitting the obvious that its fixed and flat in the link. Lots of physical proofs too. A must watch.

I don't watch religious nonsense like the video link- it just annoys me.... just like news articles like this... https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/te ... b2aa57264c

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:06 

Blade: Yasaka Extra Offensive
FH: Rakza Xs
BH: Mark V
mac33 wrote:

Wait a minute in one post you bemoan the possible corruption of science by NASA being made part of the Defense Dept., and in the very next post you abandon science completely by appealing to YouTube as an authority.

Make up your mind - do you want to know the truth as an unblemished scientific approach would provide or do you want to follow the fake news of a social media source which can be easily manipulated by every individual poster who gets an account?

Much like God and Mammon - You cannot serve science and YouTube at the same time.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 05:49 
Super User

PRW - so you didn't bother to look at the evidence in the video? Shame really as there's some very solid evidence including many of their own NASA documents written with their own scientists citing the earth as fixed and flat. From the link also - experiments / papers written from other U.S Gov Departments including MIT mentioning their experiments were done on the assumption the earth was fixed and flat.

You somehow connect the papers (all referenced in the link) of various U.S Gov Departments as religious nonsense - i do not see the connection.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 07:42 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Pastor Dean Odle addresses the mountain of government documents and scientific-technical manuals that admit the earth is flat and non-rotating or still like the Bible has always said. CIA, Army, Air Force, Navy, NASA, and Russian documents admit the earth is flat....
mac33 wrote:
PRW - so you didn't bother to look at the evidence in the video? Shame really as there's some very solid evidence including many of their own NASA documents written with their own scientists citing the earth as fixed and flat. From the link also - experiments / papers written from other U.S Gov Departments including MIT mentioning their experiments were done on the assumption the earth was fixed and flat.

You somehow connect the papers (all referenced in the link) of various U.S Gov Departments as religious nonsense - i do not see the connection.

The Youtube video is "Pastor Dean Odle addresses the mountain of government documents and scientific-technical manuals that admit the earth is flat and non-rotating or still like the Bible has always said. CIA, Army, Air Force, Navy, NASA, and Russian documents admit the earth is flat...." - that's the connection, with multiple quotations from the bible to try and back up some half-baked theory and mis-quotations.

If I am really bored, I will watch it some day, but the spewing of random pages without any reference to context, which somehow is meant to prove that there is a great conspiracy, is unlikely to keep me entertained for very long. It would be easier to send you to Mars so you could see for yourself.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 08:11 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

mac33, I would love to hear your explanation for:
1. Why the stars in the Northern hemisphere (as us unbelievers call it) are different from the stars in the Southern hemisphere (AUUCI), i.e. why you see different stars from for example Perth, Australia and London, UK
2. Different time zones across the world. Is this because the sun is just a giant spotlight with a strip of light? Is the sun round?

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 12:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

PRW wrote:
mac33 wrote:

Now NASA is part of the Department Of Defence.

NASA is not part of Department of Defense - see their website (unless they are lying to us?)
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/hqlibrary/ic/faqs.html

He left out the word "secretly", I think... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 12:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

PRW wrote:
mac33 wrote:

I don't watch religious nonsense like the video link- it just annoys me.... just like news articles like this... https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/te ... b2aa57264c

Hmmm... What would "believe for it" mean, I wonder...

Reminds me of this song... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 13:04 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

PRW wrote:
mac33, I would love to hear your explanation for:
1. Why the stars in the Northern hemisphere (as us unbelievers call it) are different from the stars in the Southern hemisphere (AUUCI), i.e. why you see different stars from for example Perth, Australia and London, UK

Hmm.. maybe the stars are holes in the dome, you have different holes in the central part of the dome (the northern "hemisphere") than you have in the outer part of the dome (the southern "hemisphere"). Of course that doesn't explain why you see the SAME stars in Australia as you do in Argentina, which are a gadzillion miles apart, since they're on the periphery of the disc. Maybe there's duplicates of holes over Australia and Argentina... :lol:

Quote:
2. Different time zones across the world. Is this because the sun is just a giant spotlight with a strip of light? Is the sun round?

Can't be a strip, I think - otherwise you'd see a bright stripe across the sky instead of a round sun! :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 18:20 
Super User

birchamboi wrote:
Which brings me to the big question: is this what you believe?
    For the flat-earth theory to be correct, there would have to be a conspiracy of pretty much all institutions of science over all countries, controlling all individual scientists and even many amateurs, over centuries. Many different specialties will have to be involved too, from astronomy to physics, geology, and meteorology. The extent of the conspiracy would have to be all-encompassing – the grand conspiracy of all grand conspiracies.

Do you really believe that all science is corrupt?

mac33 wrote:
PRW - flat or sphere.
Stationary or a spinning ball.
Moon landing fake or real.
911 - controlled demolition or two 'planes' and fire.

No fence sitting allowed.

At last mac gives the answer I've been looking for: it's ALL a conspiracy! Every last single bit of it. Which logically means every single
    geologist,
    meteorologist,
    physicist,
    astronomer,
    astrophysicist,
    geographer,
    surveyor,
    mathematician,
    pilot,
    ship's captain,
    government department
is knowingly part of the conspiracy.

And - just to remind mac that the world is a big place - every single one of those people in every single country in the world. And not just this year or last year, but every single one of these for hundreds and hundreds and in some instances thousands of years! We are talking hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people!!!

Somehow mac and his loony friends see nothing illogical in this. Why would an astronomer in North Korea ever agree with a surveyor in the USA? Why would a geographer in New Zealand ever agree with an airline pilot in Australia? Why would a modern day Chinese mathematician agree with Isaac Newton if they had the opportunity to discredit western science? The only possible reason is if the world is round and all science knows it and proves it. The conspiracy theory is either stupidity or insanity. The problem is that stupid or insane people don't realise they're stupid or insane.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 20:09 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
birchamboi wrote:
birchamboi wrote:
At last mac gives the answer I've been looking for: it's ALL a conspiracy! Every last single bit of it. Which logically means every single
    geologist,
    meteorologist,
    physicist,
    astronomer,
    astrophysicist,
    geographer,
    surveyor,
    mathematician,
    pilot,
    ship's captain,
    government department
is knowingly part of the conspiracy.

mac ain't a fan of evolution either so you can add biologists, ecologists, anthropologists, geneticists, archaeologists, paleontologists etc to the list of dudes who are up to no good.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 22:14 

Blade: Yasaka Extra Offensive
FH: Rakza Xs
BH: Mark V
Mac33 -

What is your answer to the proof by Eratosthenes that the earth is round? I want you to explain it don't send us to some link or youtube video. Show us that you have thought this through in some way since you are so big on not believing other sources which might be tainted.

His experiment was done calculating the actual radius of the sphere we stand on by observing the length of shadows cast by two sticks of the same length separated by a specific distance. The experiment done in the period around 240 B.C. using sunlight on the day of the summer solstice and comparing shadow lengths in what is today Aswan, Egypt, with the shadow formed in the more northerly city of Alexandria (about 470 miles apart). At noon, when the sun was directly overhead in Aswan, there was no shadow from the stick. In Alexandria, a stick set in the ground did cast a shadow (even though because the sun is such a great distance away it is still basically directly over head for the entire earth). This shadow is due to the curvature of the surface adding a angle relative to the suns rays. Eratosthenes realized that if he knew the angle of the shadow and the distance between the cities, he could calculate the circumference of the globe.

The only way this shadow difference could be noticeable with a flat earth is if the sun is so close that the difference in angle between the shadow of the two sticks is due entirely to standard trigonometry. The same kind of calculations done for triangulation to measure the height of a tower. With the sun at 93, 000,000 miles that angle is so small it is not perceptible let alone being equal to 7.2 degree. So if you want to claim a flat earth please show the simple trigonometric calculations for the height of the sun from the surface of the earth you would have to have to create such a 7.2 degree difference between to observation points. Then please explain how a thermonuclear reaction that close to the earth does not make life impossible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 64  Next