OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Newgy 1055 (new model)
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:26 

Has anyone used the new Newgy 1055 robot? I'm on the verge of buying but interested in any feedback ... specifically interested in the following:

1. Is the new model (1055) noticeably better than the previous models? The 1050 can be had for $200 less on tabletennis11 so I'm wondering if anyone has used both.

2. I've spent a few hours with the Newgy 2040, can I assume the 1055 (or 1050) is about the same with just more flexibility on placement? (I'm not interested in the ball recycling and already have a net)

3. I'll be upgrading from the ipong v300 - specifically looking for greater emphasis on footwork and movement patterns - any thoughts from someone that has used both?

I'm a relatively new player - started with the ipong a year ago and looking to step things up - if that matters...

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2018, 08:12 

Blade: Joola
FH: Maxxx 400
BH: Maxxx 400
[quote][/quote]
Just wondering if you ended up getting the 1055 and if so, what your thoughts were? I've read some reviews of their earlier models where people complained about the backspin being unrealistic at higher speeds. Was curious if the newer 1055 had addressed that problem or if it was just intrinsic to the machine being a one wheel design where the speed/spin are coupled?