OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 22 Aug 2018, 14:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 06:34 
Super User

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2018, 04:57 

Blade: Joola THWS
FH: 729 Batlle 2
BH: Neptune 0.7
Yesterday was the first time I played again in a couple of weeks.
So the humidity in the club is pretty serious now and my blade's handle becomes very slippery. As a result, after making a very strong BH loop (twiddled) the racket flew to the wall, hit a banner that was hanging from the ceiling and .. didn't break) and it seems that the banner saved it cause it absorbed the impact before the wall. :whew:
So today I bought a grip tape for the handle.
Well I didn't think it'll affect the game this much. Yep - I can hold the racket very nicely now but.. The feeling of the blade changed very much! The vibration reduced quite a lot, the balance changed a bit.. Well, I'll need some time now cause it plays like a different blade :(

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2018, 17:56 

Yesterday played for the first time after 24 days. I played really well, had some super wild shots that went to the sky :rofl: . It's super fun playing after a break: you think you can do this shot but somehow you mistime it and the ball flies nowhere near the table :lol: But all in all I played OK :)

Also we tried the new Gewo 3* 40+ Select pro ABS balls(new arrival in the club - the owner gave everyone balls to test). So the ball is very similar to the DHS one but not the same. I would say that the curve is a little flatter with it but the spin seems the same( |( ) . And the price for one ball is very good in comparison with what we have here(XSF, Nittaku, XIOM, Yasaka, DHS is almost always out of stock).. So I think from now on in our club this ball will be the most used one :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 14:39 

Yesterday participated in our monthly tournament. Finished 3d, lost to the winner in the semis. Actually played quite well but couldn't maintain the needed concentration in the match with the strongest boy. I think it's normal when you have 7 matches in the groups and then another two not very easy matches. After that it's really hard to stay in the match and follow the needed strategy.
But who cares about that? :rofl: All the guys in the club(me included) are talking about the Bulgarian open this year. Ma Long is registered, also Ma Te and a bunch of other very strong players. So I'll probably try to register as a media(Photo) and take some pictures this year(already done that the previous years so this shouldn't be a problem). And who knows.. maybe we'll find out which pips Ma Te is using :devil: :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 14:49 

++played an older guy with a defensive setup. Well, may be I'll try to give P1-R another chance in the future cause I have great memories about it and after playing against it I still think I can improve my game with it. Not the chopping aspect but the variation over the table - the possibility to impart my own spin should be bigger with the P1-R than with the Neptune.
Also found out(in Russia they say in this case that I "discovered America" (like everybody has already wrote about it and I only just found out)) that if you wash the Battle 2 with water and dry it with a cloth after that it plays like new. The topsheet feels the same as new - sticky and elastic. Very nice - no cleaners needed, a little bit of water and a cloth, that's it. It really played like new again (the same feel and same sound). It's been about 3 months since I glued it and it still performs as new -> lots of spin, control and plenty of gears on my slow blade :)

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2018, 15:56 

The day before yesterday our club received the order from Tuttle. Well, I've never seen such blades. It seems that they decided to experiment with different compositions(not using your typical compositions). For example one of the blades has an outer layer on the one side made of cork (so a very slow side).
Long story short - I have to make pictures of all those blades for our club's shop. Cause the photos they sent us where with watermarks and my second hobby is photography so we decided I should try and have fun :)
So now I have a bag full of blades (about 20 of those). Will have some fun with those and the camera now :)

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2018, 17:31 

Blade: VKMO
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Curl P4
v100ev wrote:
So I'll probably try to register as a media(Photo) and take some pictures this year(already done that the previous years so this shouldn't be a problem). And who knows.. maybe we'll find out which pips Ma Te is using :devil: :lol:

Now we're talking.... whatever it takes :lol: :devil:

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2018, 19:00 

Yesterday got to try (and posses) one of the new blades I took pictures of.
So yesterday I had a 2 hours training session with a friend of mine and after that we played some matches with the other guys.
The combo I used (the club owner gave me those as a gift) was:
blade: Tuttle Miracle (it's a two-speed blade)
FH: Tuttle South Pole(a hard tacky rubber)
BH: Sword Scylla Pro 0.5

So after my THWS with Battle 2 this combo felt rather fast.
The blade was balanced very well and the South Pole rubber played superb on it. Some great attacks and great control on every shot. The blade is rather flexible so when I needed power from the FH - I had it, but I could also chop with the regular rubber pretty well.
The fun thing was the cork side. If you try it without rubbers - it's deadly slow, but when I tried it with the Scylla Pro on it - it was faster than my current setup(THWS + Neptune) by quite some margin. I really had problems chopping with it for the first 10-20 minutes. But a friend of mine who uses a faster blade with P1-R had no problems with this combination.
But what can I say - the attacking game was just incredible - I hadn't played so much risky shots that got in the table for a long-long time. Yesterday was super fun with some unbelievable shots.
A fun part was also that the Scylla pro was quite easy to control over the table - much easier than chopping.
So I'll stick to using this combo for now cause I like the speed advantage from both sides: the FH is a killer and from the pips side when the ball returns very fast to the opponent - it's not easy for him.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2018, 00:42 

Still playing with the Tuttle Miracle blade with the Scylla pro. Although I've been playing for 3 days consecutively I still have some real troubles with these pips. They are fast and pretty spin-sensitive. It's rather challenging sometimes cause I still haven't found the right angles for some shots and here(I'm on a vacation(although I work |( ) near the sea) the opponents are not very strong - so no high levels of spin against me. But it's pretty nice when you can chop an underspin serve and return a nospin ball or a strong underspin ball. It's very confusing for the opponent. :lol:
I hope that after I come back to my hometown(and after watching the Bulgaria Open) that I'll start training with a coach again and I'll try to stick with this combo cause I like it's attacking possibilities more and also it has more potential for spin variation.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2018, 19:49 

Yesterday I put my Neptune on the Miracle blade instead of the Sword Scylla Pro.
Well, yeah, Neptune is the rubber for me. I loved it on THWS and it feels great on the Miracle. The sword Scylla Pro is much faster, is more spin sensitive and after about 5 days of play(mixed with some training) I still couldn't put enough backspin on my chop with it(my training partner said that the chops were much easier then before). After I put the Neptune the chops became more loaded from the first shot. It seems that my technique is better for the Neptune :) And in combination with the attacking possibilities of the faster blade - I think I'm ready for more serious training after the Bulgaria Open.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2018, 15:24 

Yesterday I was on the 1st day of Bulgaria Open 2018.
Took some pictures (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157697017973982). Well, not a lot cause I was watching :)
Saw Ma Long and Xu Xin training(these two were doing a light training - like 30-40% or so :)), Ma Te easily destroying some not very weak guys(like Par Gerell and Kim Minhyeok), Harimoto hitting the ball with some super power(what the heck - the boy is 15 and his hand speed seems amazing even compared to his Japanese teammates(sparring with Jin Ueada)) in the training room and Mima Ito laughing as if she was on a party :rofl: ... And a lot of interesting matches. I would say that on the men's side there were about 5 defenders(Ma Te included). One of them was Wang Yang (SP chopper) but I don't know the others :(
That's all for now cause I have to eat some breakfast and go there again(every day :rock: :rock: )